Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep Booth played 4 games, brought in on temporary loan due to injuries to Ferdinand, Iversen and Armstrong.
Doherty a defender who had to play as an emergency forward that same season.
Raziak who played 8 games, mostly as a sub, and was always behind Keane, Defoe and Mido, just an option that we had to use a few times due to injuries, or Mido being away at Africa Cup of Nations or if we wanted a tall man on if we were chasing game.
Campbell again a loan and behind Pavlyuchenko, Bent and Keane in the pecking order.

In respect of that list may as well add Jamie Slabber, David Leworthy, Cameron Lancaster and DaveMcEwen for the relevance. I mean they were 4th or 5th choice temporary fixes also.

The only real starter in PL era that Soldado could be compared to that failed as badly would be Helder Postiga, but at least we swapped him for Pedro Mendes after one season.

Last edited:
crap is putting it kindly.

The guy went his whole first season scoring 2 open play premier league goals. He somehow managed to be even shitter the next season scoring 1 open play premier league goal. He missed chances galore and was absolute shite.

Nogoaldado I called him at the time.
I lost it with him when he missed a sitter in the Europa League and we went out

crap is putting it kindly.

The guy went his whole first season scoring 2 open play premier league goals. He somehow managed to be even shitter the next season scoring 1 open play premier league goal. He missed chances galore and was absolute shite.

Nogoaldado I called him at the time.
The quality of chances he would miss , Id expect Sissoko to score from them. One of the worst ever.

They all scored though!!!!

Booth was on loan I think, so hardly counts but yeah he was dogshit. Rasiak yep on par I'd say. Doherty didn't do too badly before he broke his leg, yeah he was crap but at least he scored a handful of goals, let's also not forget that he was also played as a defender! Campbell I never felt was a proper Tottenham signing, he came to us with Levy doing his absolute best trying to extract as much value as he could with Utd doing all they could to prise Beba out of the Club, the result was we got him, again he did score a couple from open play and we got £6m for him the following year.

Whatever the views are on Soldado, having him debated amongst that lot you've listed doesn't really elevate what he did for Tottenham.

We can agree that he was a huge disappointment for us and for him to even be compared to the names above is well, embarrassing.

Rebrov was better for instance. Postiga - probably on par. We had high hopes for him too. A decent player, scored once?

We can agree that he was a huge disappointment for us and for him to even be compared to the names above is well, embarrassing.

Rebrov was better for instance. Postiga - probably on par. We had high hopes for him too. A decent player, scored once?
Hoddle on Postiga: "He is a player who will add definite striking quality to our squad and is a young player of proven ability. I'm sure our supporters will enjoy watching him over the coming seasons."

:harrylol:

Just on a positive note and slightly off topic here we have had quite a few amazing/very good/decent strikers the last 30 years:

Kane, Lineker, Keane, Berba, Sheringham, Klinsmann, Kanoute, Ferdinand, Defoe, Iversen, Pavlyuchenko, Adebayor, Mido all had periods where they did very well for us.

Hoddle on Postiga: "He is a player who will add definite striking quality to our squad and is a young player of proven ability. I'm sure our supporters will enjoy watching him over the coming seasons."

:harrylol:

One goal in the league, one goal in the league cup..

Mrs P he was dogshit. Nice guy, never dissed the club or the fans but he has to be the worst CF we've had, ever?

Look at the cretins he had around him ffs, Andros Townsend was our main creative outlet lol. Soldado was a classic Spurs signing, no one bothered to think about how he would fit in to the team, that's if we ever had a plan in the first place. We never played to his strengths, we never had the players to play to his strengths,and his confidence gradually fell away.

Look at the cretins he had around him ffs, Andros Townsend was our main creative outlet lol. Soldado was a classic Spurs signing, no one bothered to think about how he would fit in to the team, that's if we ever had a plan in the first place. We never played to his strengths, we never had the players to play to his strengths,and his confidence gradually fell away.

Nailed it!

Once a player leaves the club I don't bother about them but Soldado is an exception. It was clear from game one he was never gonna do it for us. It was an ideal opportunity to play Harry instead but we didn't and I shudder to think what would have happened if Sherwood had not become manager and defied Levy to play Kane.

Once a player leaves the club I don't bother about them but Soldado is an exception. It was clear from game one he was never gonna do it for us. It was an ideal opportunity to play Harry instead but we didn't and I shudder to think what would have happened if Sherwood had not become manager and defied Levy to play Kane.
Is that back when Levy picked the team?

In every clip in that vid his missing the goal, that chances have been created for him, all he has to do is put the ball between the posts.

In every clip in that vid his missing the goal, that chances have been created for him, all he has to do is put the ball between the posts.
Exactly im laughing at some of the above stuff about creators. Id bloody well have had most of them. Its clearly in his head totally psychologically gone! You can't teach a person the kind of mental toughness Kane has and a bloke laughingly nick named soilder had very little..Top man though

Not a case of defying Levy.
AVB and Levy had already touted him around and planned to sell him that January 2014 Transfer Window with Leeds the likely destination in a £10m or so deal, according to others in the club at the time.

Sherwood replaced AVB and basically said to Levy, you can't, him and Adebayor are my starting centre forwards.

Sherwood can be criticized for many things, but without him, Kane would not have been a Spurs first team player, and the Top 4 performances, CL final etc. likely would not have happened.

Back
Top Bottom