Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Schrödinger's Soldado. We have both signed and not signed Soldado. He is however, sitting in the Park Lane end box with a tray of poison.

It is looking far more positive than I had ever imagined. A lot of people who are supposedly close to Valencia are making the right noises and saying we are close to signing him and they would have no reason to lie and say they are going to sell their best striker surely?

Still this is Tottenham and something could go wrong at any time, I'm just praying it doesn't...

Out of all our 'targets' I think this bloke fits our requirements the best.

How much will Levy be willing to pay for him though? 28 years old with little re-sale value and untested in English football so no guarantee he'll be a success. Make no mistake any purchase we make over £20m is a huge gamble for us.

It's certainly a gamble but I think we have to make it if we want to progress. We shouldn't be hoping to scrape fourth, we should be aiming higher so that CL qualification is more comfortable and we start looking a serious contender to challenge for the title in a couple of seasons. I honestly think we will be able to compete with anyone next season if we sign Soldado on top of what we already have.

Soldado makes goals out of nothing. He scored 30 goals in 49 for Valencia last year with next to no service. There's no gamble here, the guy's world class...

Also: "Radio Marca says an agreement between Tottenham and VCF will be official in a matter of hours. Soldado will earn €3.5m (net) per year."

Marca is a Madrid paper though so wouldn't take that as 100% honest..

Soldado makes goals out of nothing. He scored 30 goals in 49 for Valencia last year with next to no service. There's no gamble here, the guy's world class...

Also: "Radio Marca says an agreement between Tottenham and VCF will be official in a matter of hours. Soldado will earn €3.5m (net) per year."

Marca is a Madrid paper though so wouldn't take that as 100% honest..

Aren't they the same paper who claimed several times Bale was close to signing for Madrid? :avbcringe:

To be fair it's mainly Marca for Madrid and the Barcelona one (can't remember the name of it) that spout pretty much propaganda to get fans on side and generate interest.

Ours are generalist news outlets just to get hits/sales.

My dad's in Spain at the moment (just south of Valencia) and he went to the Valencia shop today to get us tickets for their season opener when I'm over there. This is the kind of story that should end with some ITK, but I don't have any, sorry.

Tickets weren't on sale yet for those interested

Back
Top Bottom