Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yea, unfortunately I can't see it happening either. While Sherwood's still in charge I can't see us making any big signings. We just have to hope we'll soon get a respectable manager with experience and a good reputation that quality players are willing to sign for.

I don't think Levy ever really screws us over, tbf.

I've never known him to keep a manager long than the fans want. People just seem to have short, distorted memories - the guy has a pretty good grasp of what is going on.

He goes to every game, which is more than can be said of many many 'experts' on here who criticise him and the squad via laggy streams.

I suppose that's a fair point. I haven't really looked at it that way.

Think Lukaku has burnt his bridges with Mourinho. Saying that, Chelasa would probably rather keep him and let him rot in the reserves than sell him to us.

Lukaku? His inconsistency will have us fickle Spurs supporters frothing at the teeth. He was anonymous when we played them at Goodison and seems to be unable to score against the relegation threatened teams too, no thanks.

New manager to get Soldado firing again please.

Oh wow, 1 in 2, Soldado was scoring more than that at his previous clubs and Adebayor has 11 in 19 to Lukaku's 12 in 24 this season.

Have you watched him play this season? He was pretty terrible for a long spell prior to his injury and only is just back to his frustrating best, Spurs fans would rip into him faster than Soldado.

Sorry but some people just see the name and not the performances and judge on that alone.

1 in 2 IN THE EPL. He did it for a mid table side, and now he is doing it for a top 6 side.

Im not blind. I know he is inconsistent. I know he can be frustrating.

I also know he is 20, has an exceptional record for his age and hold many of the qualities we would be looking for in a striker.

Im not his biggest fan by any stretch, but if we got him in Id be quite happy about it.

I would also look to keep Adebayor. Adebayor and Lukaku would be a very good pair to choose from.

1 in 2 IN THE EPL. He did it for a mid table side, and now he is doing it for a top 6 side.

Im not blind. I know he is inconsistent. I know he can be frustrating.

I also know he is 20, has an exceptional record for his age and hold many of the qualities we would be looking for in a striker.

Im not his biggest fan by any stretch, but if we got him in Id be quite happy about it.

I would also look to keep Adebayor. Adebayor and Lukaku would be a very good pair to choose from.

Still think the right manager can get Soldado back on form but if he goes I'd prefer Benteke over Lukaku.

I would imagine no decision would be made until we find out where Everton finish..
If they finish 4th then I would expect he would want to stay with Everton.
Everton are not prolific spenders but if they got 4th then the purse strings might be loosened, if they finish 5th then Lukaku may be a few million too far for them.

Everton won't have £25m to spend even with CL football

I recall that Lukaku didn't want to work under Mourinho and went over his head to get a loan, rather than the alternative?

Apparently Mourinho isnt a huge fan of developing youth...would rather splash the cash for the finished product.

His loss is our gain hopefully. I doubt this will come through, but if it does, Ill get the first shirt.

We have one big advantage over Everton in terms of funds, our squad is bloated and we need to sell during the summer, we could easily raise £50 million if we sell 4-5 unproductive players, Everton do not have a giant squad that needs trimming like we do and its money bit sentiment that Chelsea will want.

Key players for them this season are loans, they will need to buy a few in the summer no matter what.

Simply cannot see how they can afford Lukaku

They have an exciting project, much like what we all thought we had at the beginning of this season. Of course, players are people, and people have different values. But for footballing reasons, I'd probably stay with Everton if I was Romelu..

haha fucking "projects" #AMF

Lukaku was a top 5 EPL goalscorer last year at age 19 and he's back in the top 10 this year despite missing a fair few games. He would be a massive signing for us.

Also, it's pretty clear that if his agent is openly holding transfer talks with clubs that he probably isn't in the plans at Chelsea next season. It seems pretty clear that Chelsea wants Diego Costa. Chelsea sold Mata to United because they were the largest bidder and I think it's because they are acclimatizing to the oncoming threat of the mythical FIFA fair play. It seems to me like they will sell to the highest bidder just like last time.

So let's look at it, the three that I'm guessing will be most in contention are us, Everton and Woolwich. Mourinho hates Woolwich and they will probably low ball them anyway. Plus, they'll most likely be in CL so Mourinho will see them as the biggest threat. He wouldn't even loan them Ba last year. So it is Everton and us. Well, I'll take our chances any day in a bidding war against Everton. Especially because we're going to be desperate. We'll be able to blow them out of the water with both fee and wages. If they don't make the Champions League there isn't really much different between the clubs especially because we'll have a new manager, money will talk for both player and Chelsea.

Now much can slip twixt cup and lip but I think on the face we look like the most likely fit for him. I'm not worried about the Sherwood aspect as he's gone so we just need to bring in a solid manager. Obviously a big World Cup or one of the big continental teams coming in could alter things but if the situation is us in bidding war with Everton then I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom