Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Found this :king:

zSkNZ6b.jpg

I'm sure he could nibble himself out of there.

Netherlands striker Robin van Persie, 30 has been given a three-week break by Manchester United, in contrast to England forward Wayne Rooney, 28, who has been asked to report back early. Sun (subscription only)

How this news?

Do The Sun not realise that:

a) Rooney was out of the World Cup 3 weeks earlier than Van Persie
b) Van Persie has been training the whole time.....with his new club manager
c) part of the reason Rooney was home early is he's a fat cunt

How this news?

Do The Sun not realise that:

a) Rooney was out of the World Cup 3 weeks earlier than Van Persie
b) Van Persie has been training the whole time.....with his new club manager
c) part of the reason Rooney was home early is he's a fat cunt

Unlike the sun to stir up controversy where these isn't any

All England players should have been back with their clubs for pre-season ages ago. They done fuck all in Brazil so they don't need a break. Even that wanker Adrian Chiles worked harder than those bunch of cock suckers.

And don't get me started on Woy.

CUNTS

Just like the singling of summer has arrived when the swallow's arrive, sure sign a Football Tournament is around the corner, Rooney injury scare. But with global warming fucking up the seasons, I don't see any panic that he is injured, in fact I think it's the best thing to happen to England. Put simply he has had his chances and has failed to deliver every single time.

I would take him with the squad to the Euros, as I think he actually has matured into a good Captain for both club and country. But it's time he hangs up his International boots.

He's made the correct decision. A legend at club and international level.

HAHA look at all the messages above the retirement one, 2 goals at Everton and he is a god again!

Seriously it's time, a great player in his day and looks like he has made a good move this summer

Man U legend I would say, even then if you talk to Man U supporters many say he doesn't get into their best 11. What's he done to be classified an England legend? He's done the square route of fuck all in tournaments, which is the whole point of International football.
He was disappointing in international tournaments like every player since 1996. He's one of the few to actually have a great tournament under his belt in Euro 2004. Where he was magnificent and arguably the best player in the tournament.

He's England's top goalscorer ever. He's an England legend.

Friendlies and endless qualifications games against San Remo. The whole purpose of an International team is to compete in tournaments, of which their are really only two, Euro's and World Cup, we and he have been shit in everyone he has played in. If he had lead the team, played well, scored goals in the ONLY time it actually counts for something then yep, he could be called a legend.

As a point of reference I'd say on the list Charlton, Lineker and Greaves are England legends all having contributed in getting beyond QF's in tournaments (I'm sure someone could find an argument to exclude Greaves as he wasn't selected to play in the final despite being fit, but he did play in QF's before being injured for SF, he also played up to QF's in previous world cup).

He was disappointing in international tournaments like every player since 1996. He's one of the few to actually have a great tournament under his belt in Euro 2004. Where he was magnificent and arguably the best player in the tournament.

He's England's top goalscorer ever. He's an England legend.
Not a fucking chance, legend my arse. Were it not of his addidas adverts no-one would know who he was on the international stage, as he has flopped as have England. Players from Euro '96 and Italia '90 deserve more credit than him because they actually managed to get to QF's and beyond.

Friendlies and endless qualifications games against San Remo. The whole purpose of an International team is to compete in tournaments, of which their are really only two, Euro's and World Cup, we and he have been shit in everyone he has played in. If he had lead the team, played well, scored goals in the ONLY time it actually counts for something then yep, he could be called a legend.

As a point of reference I'd say on the list Charlton, Lineker and Greaves are England legends all having contributed in getting beyond QF's in tournaments (I'm sure someone could find an argument to exclude Greaves as he wasn't selected to play in the final despite being fit, but he did play in QF's before being injured for SF, he also played up to QF's in previous world cup).
This is such a silly argument. 2nd highest appearances behind only Shilton and most goals. He's an England legend.

You make out as if those below him never scored against pap either. Like Lineker didn't score 4 goals against Malaysia or Charlton scored 8 against Luxembourg/USA.

He's not their level, but he's a legend.

Back
Top Bottom