Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are people so surprised that a 29 years old former player, with the right badges, and zero management experience shite the bed against one of the best managers of all time while having six days of training? Having a laugh!
Levy is the daft cunt who made Ryan look like shit today. The sword as to fall on Daniel not on Ryan.
That's all reasonable, but there's no excuse for bringing on Sissoko.

It's like sticking your hand in a fire or drinking petrol.

You just don't.

That's all reasonable, but there's no excuse for bringing on Sissoko.

It's like sticking your hand in a fire or drinking petrol.

You just don't.
Meh. I can’t really shit on Ryan. He doesn’t have the qualities for the job. It’s the same if you asked me to fix your car motor. I would stink the joint. And you would be the dumbass who employed me despite me not being a mechanic.

I know it's been claimed but I don't think anyones proven it?

I would ask why Ledley wouldn't have badges but Mason who has fewer years would?
King interview: Mason can give Spurs an identity after years at club

He does actually address the race stuff in this interview, but he suggests the current set up is a positive.

He doesn't have the badges so couldn't even if he wanted to, as to why, I don't know, that is personal to him. He was a club ambassador for a while and only got into coaching recently.

Meh. I can’t really shit on Ryan. He doesn’t have the qualities for the job. It’s the same if you asked me to fix your car motor. I would stink the joint. And you would be the dumbass who employed me despite me not being a mechanic.
True, but at the very least I'd hope you wouldn't replace an important engine part with a potato.

Looking at some of the Twitter comments from players, he seems to be wanting to play a bit like Poch, so maybe that excuses similar personnel in Winks and Sissoko?

Fuck knows, tbh.

I can understand people's frustrations, but there's no way Ryan was not going to take up the reins when asked.
I do wonder why Chris Powell wasn't handed the job though, he has more experience. But maybe Levy thought that it would make a better story for a 29 year old 'Spurs supporter' to win the game - the complete opposite to the previous manager. Also, no-one was really expecting Ryan to get one over on Pep and the strongest squad in the league.
Ryan is probably just a stop gap, but it does worry me that Levy will go for the cheaper option and keep him on, and I would hate it if Ryan became another 'hate' figure, when he wears his heart on his sleeve with regards to THFC.
I also am not confident that we will make the right choice as to who next steps into the hot seat. Not a lot to be optimistic about, is there?

Has this moron been watching our games this season? How the fuck do you start Wanks in a cup final? Did he even watch our last game against Dinamo when Shitsucko sabotaged the team?

Jose was probably laughing his ass off.

I can understand people's frustrations, but there's no way Ryan was not going to take up the reins when asked.
I do wonder why Chris Powell wasn't handed the job though, he has more experience. But maybe Levy thought that it would make a better story for a 29 year old 'Spurs supporter' to win the game - the complete opposite to the previous manager. Also, no-one was really expecting Ryan to get one over on Pep and the strongest squad in the league.
Ryan is probably just a stop gap, but it does worry me that Levy will go for the cheaper option and keep him on, and I would hate it if Ryan became another 'hate' figure, when he wears his heart on his sleeve with regards to THFC.
I also am not confident that we will make the right choice as to who next steps into the hot seat. Not a lot to be optimistic about, is there?
But what on earth qualifies Chris Powell? Doesn't he get regularly sacked two divisions below? It's a scary time to be honest. Just hope there's something at the end of the tunnel but wouldn't bank on it.

Harry Redknapp would have been such a better choice.

It was a nice idea. Giving the 29 year old Spurs lad a chance at the job. Good PR when we needed it the most but a terrible footballing decision.

Harry would have given the players a lift. He’s experienced, a likeable character and would have selected the right team.

Picking the strongest team and telling them to RUN ABAAAAAUT A BIT would have given us a far better chance of lifting the cup than giving an incredibly inexperienced 29 year old a week to try and implement a weird philosophy involving Harry fucking Winks against one of the best teams in Europe.

Oh well. Shit happens. Winning today would have only taped over the cracks anyway. We’re a club in desperate need of change. A new manager. A new philosophy. A new squad. A new core.

But if it’s any consolation. This is the worst shape we’ve been in for quite some time and we’re still miles better than Woolwich 😂

What's with the badges bullshit?

What is this the cub scouts?
Just qualifications. To manage in the premier league, a manager needs a UEFA Pro badge (FA Level 5). To manage at on a professional basis including youth level, a manager needs a UEFA A badge (FA Level 4).

Disappointed in today’s performance and this job is way beyond Ryan Mason, but some horrible comments about his head injury and general unpleasantness in the post-match musings. Not very kind.
Didnt see them comments. He was shit and way way out of depth picking friends but theyre disgusting comments and them wankers need a slap

I’m not necessarily looking to defend Mason but we’ve held Man City better under him than we did under Mourinho last time we played them. People have to understand we’ve got a rookie lad here who’s never been employed before asked to take charge a few days before a cup final against one of the best managers in the world and one of the best teams in the world. It was way too difficult to pull off a fairytale.

I’m not necessarily looking to defend Mason but we’ve held Man City better under him than we did under Mourinho last time we played them. People have to understand we’ve got a rookie lad here who’s never been employed before asked to take charge a few days before a cup final against one of the best managers in the world and one of the best teams in the world. It was way too difficult to pull off a fairytale.
Yes but this is a final. Plus as i said in another post city have champions league semi wed, the league to finish off and cup semi final last week? Surely we could have went for it no?

Yes but this is a final. Plus as i said in another post city have champions league semi wed, the league to finish off and cup semi final last week? Surely we could have went for it no?
City have a lot of quality players in their squad. They can afford to swap a couple or more on Wednesday and they’ll be just as good.
And the league is already finished lol, no way they’re losing from this position. I wish they went half arsed in this game but it wasn’t the case unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom