Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Body just can't do what he wants it to. Any club picking him up is gambling with money. I feel for him because it honestly wouldn't surprise me if within the next few years, he'd have retired.

Body just can't do what he wants it to. Any club picking him up is gambling with money. I feel for him because it honestly wouldn't surprise me if within the next few years, he'd have retired.
Yes, shame with his injuries and that probably did not help his mindset.

He had imposter syndrome out on the pitch.

He was legitimately a great prospect when younger. That promotion season for Fulham when he played in a more advanced role was stellar.

EDIT: Yeah, 15 goals and 6 assists.

So, so many injuries though, and then being played as a left back didn't help. Hopefully someone will do a pay as you play / appearance linked bonus deal - it's the only way I can see him continuing.

Last edited:
Was never good enough technically.

We were sold a dud based on 1 Champo season where he racked up the back post tap ins. We then tried to make him a LB/LWB and he's made of breadsticks.

Terrible scouting but he's not the only one from that era.

I had Fulham fan friend telling me at the time that we massively overpaid.

View: https://x.com/RyanSessegnon/status/1798349242618220580

GPUFEpaW8AA0Aap

GPUFEpgWgAAaS4k

GPUFEpkXwAA2Zva

Why? Who in their right mind would think that would be a good idea?
I remember him from when he was at Fulham and teams in the lower half of the table will have looked at that film and wonder if he could capture some of that. He had such a burst when he made runs that he gave the appearance of someone who could get the ball in the net. I think a team would balance that by looking at his medical records. He'll get a look somewhere.

I just don't understand how we keep allowing ourselves to lose such talent and promise yet expect to push for honors. Ange must be devastated.

So long RS...we hardly knew ye.

What nonsense.

The bloke had a body and mind that could not cope with the demand. End of.

Good luck to him but honestly.
Body yes, he's made out of spun sugar unfortunately.

I always felt there was a talented player there, I still remember the game against Liverpool where he had Salah in his pocket.

His mindset was obviously affected because he couldn't trust his body not to breakdown. We've all seen how long it can take players to come back to form from long term injuries, it takes time to properly hit your straps as you're building up the confidence that your body will do what you want it to. He never got that luxury, as he'd breakdown again for another long period of time.

I wish him well, but I feel he's doomed to have the same issues wherever he goes, which is sad as he seems to be a very nice kid who deserves better.

How many consecutive games did he play?

I think that might have been a typo.

Did you mean to put the “s” at the end of that word ?

That said Good Luck to the man ; I actually think he could end up being successful somewhere .

He has been f’ing unlucky with injuries . The worst thing for any professional sportsperson .

Ps I had actually finished this post by writing: “ I really hopes he gets a break “ ; but I read it back and felt it could be misconstrued. So I deleted it .

Again : Best Wishes Ryan .

Last edited:
I think that might have been a typo.

Did you mean to put the “s” at the end of that word ?

That said Good Luck to the man ; I actually think he could end up being successful somewhere .

He has been f’ing unlucky with injuries . The worst thing for any professional sportsperson .

Ps I had actually finished this post by writing: “ I really hopes he gets a break “ ; but I read it back and felt it my meaning could be misconstrued. So I deleted it .

Again : Best Wishes Ryan .
I totally agree with you and I get it.
Good luck to him but fucking hell he made Darren Anderton seem invincible

Back
Top Bottom