RZ Pellets WAC or is that Wolsberger AC, whatever they are called (A) 18/2/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question for those who might have a deeper knowledge of the history than me: If I guaranteed you that we would come in 4th in the league this year, would you rather win the League Cup or this competition?

I've been following Spurs for a little less than 20 years from the U.S. I always assumed this competition was more prestigious, but is it just about the CL placement? Which cup would you rather have all things being equal?

Last edited:
Question for those who might have a deeper knowledge of the history than me: If I guaranteed you that we could come in 4th in the league this year, would you rather win the League Cup or this competition?

I've been following Spurs for a little less than 20 years from the U.S. I always assumed this competition was more prestigious, but is it just about the CL placement? Which cup would you rather have all things being equal?
EL. Gets a CL spot with silverware

Question for those who might have a deeper knowledge of the history than me: If I guaranteed you that we could come in 4th in the league this year, would you rather win the League Cup or this competition?

Bit of an odd question as you seem to answer it yourself. This competion is more prestigious than the Rumbelows Cup AND gets CL qualification. There is no comparison if you can choose one of 4th in the league, league cup winners or EL winners.

Europa League without a shadow of a doubt!

Bit of an odd question as you seem to answer it yourself. This competion is more prestigious than the Rumbelows Cup AND gets CL qualification. There is no comparison if you can choose one of 4th in the league, league cup winners or EL winners.

My question is more: assume we finish top 4 in the league (meaning we get CL either way). Would you rather win the League Cup or this?

EL for me, especially since we had to play through all the qualifying games too. Still a long way to the final though so fingers crossed :avbpray:

My question is more: assume we finish top 4 in the league (meaning we get CL either way). Would you rather win the League Cup or this?
Oh I see. Bit of a moot question. No chance we’re getting top 4 this season in my opinion.

However for the avoidance of doubt, I’d imagine you’d struggle to find a single Spurs fan who’d pick the Littlewoods Cup over the UEFA Cup. (Unless we could guarantee beating the scum in the Milk Cup final).

Clearly the Europa is the more prestigious prize, even if we ignore the CL Place awarded to the winners. Apart from a penalty win against Chavs we just had to beat Stoke and Brentford to get to the Carabao final!

Europa is a marathon slog around the continent’s backwaters. Worse for us - we had several qualifying matches to even be able to take part!

Back
Top Bottom