Samuel Eto'o

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit you would. I bet you're one of these insufferable poeple like my mother who claims she'd be perfectly happy with a lottery win of £500k.

Fact is that greed is part of human nature. Some people manage to live without it, but they are in a minority. The reality is that most people will try and get the most money possible so that they could live a better and better lifestyle. I don't doubt that 9 out of ten people who say they don't want money or much of it to be happy would be the first ones after the biggest paycheque going or wish their lottery win was £27m instead of £150k.

Take it from me, my ex came from a very wealthy family and I had a taste of the other side of living. It isn't the complete recipe for happiness, but those who say that money doesn't buy you happiness forget that whilst it indeed may not do that, it certainly makes life damned easier and more enjoyable. It is also very hard to leave. What does a footballer do when he can no longer earn the money? His option is to want to live a certain lifestyle. He sees the footballers of yesteryear like Micky Hazard and his job as a taxi driver and thinks, "I don't want to end up like that". He takes the biggest cheques so that he can build his investments and never have to worry about not living a life of privilege again. One week's salary, even for Eto'o, wouldn't even come close.

So reckon if we were all honest, most of us would be after the biggest cheque. I would and I make no bones about it. I intend to make the most money I can in life and retire as rich as possible as that I can have as easy a life as possible, and I make no apologies for that. Plus, I reckon I might need to be a millionaire to be able to afford Spurs tickets in 20 years. :baletroll:
Not everyone is as greedy and grabby though.

Not talking for me by the way. I certainly fucking am.

You guys do realise he does not train with the team and resides in Milan most of the time where he has a personal coach and a plane that gets him to and fro Russia , professional ?

You guys do realise he does not train with the team and resides in Milan most of the time where he has a personal coach and a plane that gets him to and fro Russia , professional ?
Yeah, he's a cunt. But, to be fair, the team itself trains and resides in Moscow which is 1,000 miles away from their home ground -- relying on a private jet to get them to and from Dagestan -- because of how dangerous the region is.

Bullshit you would. I bet you're one of these insufferable poeple like my mother who claims she'd be perfectly happy with a lottery win of £500k.

Fact is that greed is part of human nature. Some people manage to live without it, but they are in a minority. The reality is that most people will try and get the most money possible so that they could live a better and better lifestyle. I don't doubt that 9 out of ten people who say they don't want money or much of it to be happy would be the first ones after the biggest paycheque going or wish their lottery win was £27m instead of £150k.

Take it from me, my ex came from a very wealthy family and I had a taste of the other side of living. It isn't the complete recipe for happiness, but those who say that money doesn't buy you happiness forget that whilst it indeed may not do that, it certainly makes life damned easier and more enjoyable. It is also very hard to leave. What does a footballer do when he can no longer earn the money? His option is to want to live a certain lifestyle. He sees the footballers of yesteryear like Micky Hazard and his job as a taxi driver and thinks, "I don't want to end up like that". He takes the biggest cheques so that he can build his investments and never have to worry about not living a life of privilege again. One week's salary, even for Eto'o, wouldn't even come close.

So reckon if we were all honest, most of us would be after the biggest cheque. I would and I make no bones about it. I intend to make the most money I can in life and retire as rich as possible as that I can have as easy a life as possible, and I make no apologies for that. Plus, I reckon I might need to be a millionaire to be able to afford Spurs tickets in 20 years. :baletroll:
Honesty is a rare quality these days.

Back
Top Bottom