Sandro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BRuTCpHCYAAv5s1.jpg:large

Interview with Sandro in Romania,last sunday, i try to translate how mauch i can ,what he said here:

Sandro was “special guest” in Bucharest,in the romanian capital,last Sunday.

He came to be present at the wedding of his friend ,Wallace,a brazilian footballer who play in the romanian second league.

“Was impossible for me to miss such event”, Sandro said in an interview gave to “Pro Sport” a sport tabloid from here.

Sandro choose a football career,but from the beginning was hard to follow his dream,when he had 16 years old,in every week,he travelled with an old bus,a long road 1.100 Km between Minas Gerais and Curitiba in Brazil to give tests for Paranaense.

“I wonder what hard is that to do for me,but i don’t give up,I made promises for my brother,Saymon,who wants also to be footballer,but Saymon end his career being very sick”(problems with his heart,impossible to play football).

“In Brazil, first gift from a father to his son is to give him a ball,to play football,Saymon was devastated about that ,was his dream to play football,and then I promise to him “to become a player who both of us dreaming”

“I went to Brasilia,where my brother,Saymon,made medical treatments,was a hard period in his life,his family made efforts to sustain financial Sandro,his parents buy for him new football boots (his father borrow money for that),then Sandro went to Curitiba to give tests there,far away from his parents. I remember the coach of Curitiba gave my food and a cell phone for me to talk with my family. I suffered very much”.

In 2010 ,Sandro made transfer for Tottenham after he won “Copa Libertadores” with Internacional.

At that time i watched Tottenham qualified for the European spring, so when I transferred there, dreaming of playing in the League. When I arrived in London, the coach told me that he did not put me on the list for Europe matches. It was like a cold shower after what had happened to me: Cup, moved to England, Premier League .... I remember an embarrassing episode, the team had to make trip to play with Werder Bremen. In the airport, when we arrived at check in, the desk officer asked me my name: << Sandro ... Sandro ... No!. You are not on the passenger list >> had to remain there alone, the team left without me. "

Now,Pro Sport ,asked him what he know about the football from Romania,he said he played a full match ,a friendly game in Brazil,between Brazil and Romania (1-0) in 2011.

He said ,polite,that “you have good players etc etc” blah blah that kind of speech polite towards the hosts,no details …I skip this one J until he was asked about Vlad Chiriches,what he think about him,Sandro said:

“Vlad is a good lad. We understand each other from the first day we meet,he’s a humble man,polite,and with his feet on the ground” (no VIP attitude in his head). We became friends because Vlad speaks portuguese and that help us a lot!”.I was glad that he speak portuguese in a place where eveyone speaks english” :)

“Vlad will be a good name in european football,I know he work hard in his country,he’s ambitious,he went here in Premier League,the best football league in the word,where is not easy to be here (not for any footballer) that mean he deserved this transfer and romanian fans must be proud for him”.Vlad show his potential here,he made good matches here,Spurs fans likes him,i know that was injured ,and he’s not 100% of his potential now,he adapted well (settled,lifestyle etc) in London and he have all conditions here to regain his strengths, I feel that in the next season he will be awesome,and very determinated!

Pro Sport: “Now about you..What happened that you don’t played too much in the recent period?”

Sandro: “In this very moment I’m 100% recovered.I’m not injured,no other medical problem for me.”

Pro Sport: “…and the manager what he said?”

Sandro: “That is the manager decision,depend on his will,is not my fault,I’m ready to play in every moment”

Pro Sport: “Last year you made declarations that you want very much to play for Brazil for this World Cup tournament”

Sandro: “Oh,God!” that is my dream,but I’m realistic person and honest.It’s complicated for me now,I was injured,and in this moment are many other good brazilian players who deserve to be there in the squad …now I wait the next oportunity for me (to play for Brazil).

Pro Sport:” What you think about this tournament (world cup) who will be held in Brazil?” some problems with organization in Brazil said many in the press,social problems”

Sandro: “Will be an easy competition,because brazilians are very passionate people about football,if GOD allow,will be a very good tournament,plus if Brazil will win the competition,all brazilian fans will forget the problems and they will enjoy this tournament,I’m brasilian,and I will be happy for my national team,despite I will not play there,I’m 100% with the heart near my country.”

the link with the interview in romanian press here:
http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-exter...l-pentru-nunta-brazilianului-wallace-12543575

Last edited:
They played shit under AVB too

Exactly. I actually quite like Sandro and Vertonghen but they've both acted like complete twats this season be it Verts prancing around the pitch like he had somewhere else to be or Sandro telling the media that Sherwood is leaving at the end of the season. Both should be nowhere near the captains armband next season, they have to prove they actually want to be here in the first place.

I feel sad when I think about how the injury set him back. He would have stayed the central part of our team. He was incredible at his best. Fantastic character as well. What more can you ask for?

I know what - that he would be able to play guitar and hold the team spirit up.

Oh wait, he did that as well!

Not from Spurs camp, but the lad made Neymar sing his tunes.

Massive respect for the fella, wish he stayed with us longer! It at least feels good that the love between club and him is mutual <3 !!

Rofl, everyone just get this "Latest from White Hart Lane"?

sandro-111513-desktop.jpg

'I AM THE BEAST!'

The Beast has spoken - to say a big 'thanks' to Spurs fans.
spacer.gif

Sandro has been in outstanding form since returning from a long-term injury this season.

Indeed, in the eight matches he's started this term, we've won seven, drawn one and haven't conceded a goal. That record can stretch back to pre-injury with 11 wins and three draws in his last 14 starts.

The midfield enforcer was outstanding after being introduced in the second half of Sunday's encounter against Newcastle, but even he couldn't get the better of an inspired Tim Krul as the Toon nicked a 1-0 win at the Lane.
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

The nickname of 'The Beast' is a perfect fit for the Brazilian international - and he relishes it. "Of course, it's fantastic - I am The Beast!" he laughed.

"All the time the fans are shouting 'Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassssttttt' and it's great, it makes me feel stronger when I'm playing.

"I love the Spurs supporters, they are so passionate and I want to do well for them.

"Even when I was injured and not playing, the fans would still be shouting and singing my name and it made me feel good during what was a difficult time.

"It was hard being injured for so long, very hard, because I love football and I love playing for Spurs.

"I missed playing and I missed making tackles! That's why I am so pleased to be back out there again. Now I want to keep pushing and make sure we finish in the top four this season."

WE LOOVE YOU TO SANDROOOOOOOO!!!!

I never want this guy to leave.

Injuries absolutely ruined him.

Should be playing at his second World Cup with Brazil right now. Instead he has been to 0.

He was the best defensive midfielder in the league in 2012 and captained Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom