Sandro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Dembele. He is a great player. Yet I wonder if we really sometimes need a player who can get into the box from that position by passing and going for the return against a packed defence. Like Mason did when he scored against Sunderland and got injured.
It just gets too predictable for the defending team when nothing is coming from deep midfield to unsettle.
Just give nobody any room, hold the Line.
We've got that player in Alli, yes I appreciate that he is now deployed higher up the pitch and often he is ahead of Kane. So, I agree in part but for me the run from deep is our FB's but if their is an potential issue it's the other player next to him that doesn't run e.g. Dier/Winks/Wanyama they all sit. It would be these players that we should look to for a well timed run from deep. But, it's hard to be critical given our defensive shape. But just sometimes against certain teams I'd like to loose two holding midfielders.

Dembele is control, on the ball there is non better, he holds onto the ball and draws players towards them, he can break that press then exploits that space left with a run into it. He is deployed to brake the press then move it onto Erikssen/Lamela/Son/Sissoko/Kane/Alli usually one of those is no more than 5-10yrds away. Defensively he is also superb, tracks runners so well and shows them outside, allowing us to set. His ability to do this results in his biggest influence on the team, confidence. When he is on the field we show bravery, lots of people prepared to make a run as he is likely to retain the ball (run will not be wasted).

Injuries absolutely ruined him.

Should be playing at his second World Cup with Brazil right now. Instead he has been to 0.

He was the best defensive midfielder in the league in 2012 and captained Brazil.

BEAST!!!

Loved Sandro.

sandro.gif

Back
Top Bottom