Saturday 3pm Kick offs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its getting beyond a joke now how many sunday games in the league we have. Im sure yous lot with season tickets find it much harder to work around with work commitments the next day. I no its the Europa league Thursday games but surely the people doing the fixtures could take into account that some of us want to make a weekend out of it and go watch a Saturday 3pm kick off. Im sick of it.

Given that we play many games on a Sunday because of the Europa league, you'd think that when it wasn't absolutely necessary, such as this week, we could have played on the Saturday.

Given that we play many games on a Sunday because of the Europa league, you'd think that when it wasn't absolutely necessary, such as this week, we could have played on the Saturday.

Exactly, There is absolutely no reason why we could have not played yesterday. Most if not all players who were on international duty during the week played yesterday. So frustrating

Exactly, There is absolutely no reason why we could have not played yesterday. Most if not all players who were on international duty during the week played yesterday. So frustrating

There are reasons, just not ones that generally benefit the players or fans. Sometimes it is due to policing but mainly it's the TV rights that fuck it up. Not sure why the Premier League / UK government still feel that it should be illegal to broadcast a game at 3pm on a Saturday here. It doesn't make a difference. People follow their teams. If they can go to the games, they go. If not, they find whatever is the next easiest way to follow.

The PL are still following a dinosaur business model formed by Sky.

Sky get more viewers though, they wouldnt want 3pm tv games.
Where are a high number of football fans at 3pm saturday generally, at their games, so not in front of their tv.

If they really thought about it the PL could just make all of their games available via their own channel. That is 380 games per season. Put half at 3pm, half at 5.45pm. Just press the red button when you want to switch. Sell it via different packages worldwide in HD/3D and online. If Sky were actually able to offer that they'd get more viewers.

If they really thought about it the PL could just make all of their games available via their own channel. That is 380 games per season.

They do that abroad, which is why there are live streams, this is only a UK thing. If you gave me the choice of every single Spurs game televised or the opportunity to try and attend all games by living in the UK again I'm not sure what I'd go for seeing how difficult it is to attend every game without being a season ticket holder!

I'm sure you can get a satellite in the UK, point it at Hotbird or Nilesat, get the necessary card for Al Jazeera and get exactly what you want anyway.

I'm sure you can get a satellite in the UK, point it at Hotbird or Nilesat, get the necessary card for Al Jazeera and get exactly what you want anyway.

Seeing as it's a theoretical possibility, I don't see why Sky/BT/Cbeebies haven't picked up on this yet and pointed out that TV availability at 3pm on a Saturday is not effecting attendances.

They do that abroad, which is why there are live streams, this is only a UK thing. If you gave me the choice of every single Spurs game televised or the opportunity to try and attend all games by living in the UK again I'm not sure what I'd go for seeing how difficult it is to attend every game without being a season ticket holder!

Yep, I understand... I'm just pointing out that the current match time laws aren't actually as beneficial to the PL / Sky / BT / UK govt. as they think they are. Like you say, the Satellite / Internet options are available in other countries and used by many fans in the UK when they can't attend due to travel / limited supply.

I'm genuinely surprised that on a weekend with Sky's perennial Fave Fixture Newcastle v Liverpool on the schedule (especially seeing as how the game turned out) that Villa v Spurs was even chosen as a live game!!

We have Newcastle at home next month and Man Utd at home in December and they're both Sunday 12pm kick offs. Absolute disgrace

Whilst I wouldn't normally show such concern for the opposition, but that really does shit on Newcastle's fans to have to leave sometime at stupid-o'clock on a Sunday morning to make a midday k.o!
...and as for the Man U fans... don't the F.A REALISE just how long it takes to get from Truro to London on a Sunday?

Whilst I wouldn't normally show such concern for the opposition, but that really does shit on Newcastle's fans to have to leave sometime at stupid-o'clock on a Sunday morning to make a midday k.o!
...and as for the Man U fans... don't the F.A REALISE just how long it takes to get from Truro to London on a Sunday?
I was more thinking about myself after going out on a Saturday night and not too much time for hair of the dog the next day!

I'm one of the most vehement opposers of any game played at any time apart from 3pm on a Saturday, and Euro cup games should be either Tue or Wed. It really winds me up. I'm sure they are putting games on silly times to discourage people travelling and charging even sillier prices to price the 'ordinary Joe/Josephine' out of the game.

At least if you lose on a Saturday you have a day to get over it before going back to work.

We don't play on a Saturday until 7th December.

I don't really see what the problem is. A game is a game to me, doesn't matter what day or time it's on save that when it encroaches into the working day, but then only really happens in the early stages if Europa. I'd only have a problem if it impacted the players' fitness, but there is no evidence for that, quite the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom