Savage gets Savaged - BBC 5 Live 01/09/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It’s Robbie Savage. Of course he’s going to come out with a load of uneducated bollocks. After all, he’s a thick, bollocks-talking cunt.

The fella certainly held his own. Savage is almost as much of a cunt as Durham.

Personally I would rather watch all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls back to back to back than listen to either of them for a single second through choice.

P.S Paris Geller....would

It's always the shite pundits that get way too much attention, I feel sorry for the good pundits.

My point is precisely that - this isn’t about Liverpool this about us. And Savage levelled this at us ( which equally applies to Liverpool) and it will continue to be levelled at us ( and rightfully so )until we actually win something.

Bollo
I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It’s Robbie Savage. Of course he’s going to come out with a load of uneducated bollocks. After all, he’s a thick, bollocks-talking cunt.

The problem is he is paid by the BBC who are funded by us. Five Live isn't TalkShite and shouldn't rely on trolling anybody or such blatant impartiality.

"Come back when Spurs win something"?

What a cunt. So we're not allowed to talk about our club or defend them until they've won the Caribou fucking Cup? That's better than finishing 2nd or 3rd in the PL?!

If we did a win a domestic cup he'd just move the goalposts to the PL or CL or say they have to win x amount of PL titles.

The main is blatantly biased against us, he's a tosspot and should be reminded of that every single day!

:dembelefingers:

It must be pretty clear by now that you can't have a decent conversation with Savage, why bother? I honestly couldn't give a shit about his predictions, biased opinions or whatever.

Not precious about it one bit, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Savage, I think that view is reciprocal amongst most Spurs fans reading the comments in here. The same with the bloke that phones up, he ain't precious, he ain't fuming and frothing at the mouth, he calm and articulate. Being a fan means you are aloud to speak up for your own team you know, you should try it some time.

For fucks sake fella, the point being made is our performances have warranted better comments from Savage (they have finished below us for nearly an entire decade!!). For the 3rd time, THAT'S THE POINT BEING MADE.

He has called a national radio phone in show to complain about Savage’s and the media’s bias with Liverpool over us. Of course that’s being precious - again a pundit believes another team is better than us - the normal response is so what? It’s not to call up a radio station and go on about being biased and trying present agendas.

Robbie Savage saying positive or negative comments means nothing and people are being highly selective here as usual. The likes of Caragher and Neville were waxing lyrical about us last Monday. Carragher a Liverpool legend stated 3-4 times that we had finished above Liverpool in 8 out of the last 9 seasons and both stated we should be considered in the title picture. But hey Robbie Savage didn’t so this should be the response? I’m perfectly aware of the point of this thread - it’s why I have counted it with the point ‘I’ made. It’s not that hard to grasp.

Savage thinks the dippers will finish above us this year.
So do most of the country.
I haven't got a problem with that at all.
Its the media contempt for us that rattles some of us.
Im not really bothered if our present success grates with them.

This.

How is beating tosh in a League Cup (A trophy I don't actually mind us winning) any more of an achievement than showing over a 38 game season that we are the 2nd team in the whole country?

He'd probably come back and say "You don't win anything for finishing 2nd"

Which wouldn't surprise me that someone with the lack of brain cells like Savage would come out and say. Yet, he will show bias towards Liverpool who have finished higher than 4th just once in the last 7+ years and lost in 3 cup finals since..

Oh, but you don't win anything for coming runners-up.

"Have to win trophies" - seems to be a common put down amongst Tottenham only. I rarely ever see anyone speak about Liverpool needing to win trophies or Klopp needing to win trophies. They all come out with the same old shit. "Look at the difference before Klopp and after", "We play exciting football, trophies will come" etc. etc.

As if we weren't a fucking shambles before Pochettino.

Exactly. Liverpool get a free pass for some reason but we don't. Yes they are a bigger club and have a richer history but not over the past decade.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the past three seasons, we've scored a lot of goals, won a lot of matches and seem to have pissed off a lot of people in the process.

Long may it continue!

:tobyarm:

Savage is absolute cunt. "Call back when Spurs win something" Fuck off you pathetic prick.
This coming from a guy who won all of one trophy his entire career (if you don't count being the dirtiest player in the league).

Savage is like Vinnie Jones, an average at best player who's disciplinary record was the only thing that stood out about him (well that and his stupid haircut).

“The front three of Liverpool are fantastic”.... yeah because ours is shit.

Yeah, we saw how good the "front three" of the Dippers was when Salah got injured in the CL final.

Last edited:
The point being made is NOT about winning something though. Christ. It's about showing and accusing Savage for holding a bias towards Liverpool over Spurs, this is/was the accusation being made, nothing else.

My point as outlined in my post is that it is pointless to get worked up such things. Robbie Savage thinks Liverpool are better than us - so fucking what? Why the hell are so many of supporters so precious? So worried about what others think of us? The simple fact is that if have this level of talent available and don’t capitalise on then we invite this. Again it’s up to us to put an end such comments and accusations.

the fact that none of Savage's argument related to what was being asked at the time or a direct response to what the Spurs fan was saying, really says it all about him. His last question 'what have spurs won in the last 3 years? to the retort 'what have Liverpool won?' ...' I dont care' .... christ...the mans clueless. lets not bother caring. funny first post though OP.

How is it irrelevant to the topic when Savage repeatedly mentions it in the call? I’m not sure if you are actually on a wind up or if you are just quite dense.

There is no set parameters of this discussion - I get it you want moan and bitch about a pundit failing to say what you want to hear. My point is that if someone like Robbie Savage is able to get to you then really the problem lies with you.
Savage mentions it during the call as a deflection, as a way to goad the caller (where he fails), he doubles down on the very thing that he his being accused of "what have Spurs won", "call me back when Spurs win something". LIVERPOOL HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING, FFS that is the point, that is the reason why he is calling, THAT IS THE POINT. Christ you are fucking thick cunt.

It's always the shite pundits that get way too much attention, I feel sorry for the good pundits.
jermaine-jenas-thumb-up-mobile-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Bollo

The problem is he is paid by the BBC who are funded by us. Five Live isn't TalkShite and shouldn't rely on trolling anybody or such blatant impartiality.

"Come back when Spurs win something"?

What a cunt. So we're not allowed to talk about our club or defend them until they've won the Caribou fucking Cup? That's better than finishing 2nd or 3rd in the PL?!

If we did a win a domestic cup he'd just move the goalposts to the PL or CL or say they have to win x amount of PL titles.

The main is blatantly biased against us, he's a tosspot and should be reminded of that every single day!

:dembelefingers:

This.

How is beating tosh in a League Cup (A trophy I don't actually mind us winning) any more of an achievement than showing over a 38 game season that we are the 2nd team in the whole country?

He'd probably come back and say "You don't win anything for finishing 2nd"

Which wouldn't surprise me that someone with the lack of brain cells like Savage would come out and say. Yet, he will show bias towards Liverpool who have finished higher than 4th just once in the last 7+ years and lost in 3 cup finals since..

Oh, but you don't win anything for coming runners-up.

"Have to win trophies" - seems to be a common put down amongst Tottenham only. I rarely ever see anyone speak about Liverpool needing to win trophies or Klopp needing to win trophies. They all come out with the same old shit. "Look at the difference before Klopp and after", "We play exciting football, trophies will come" etc. etc.

As if we weren't a fucking shambles before Pochettino.

Back
Top Bottom