Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Southampton selling him if Lovren does indeed go to Liverpool.

Again, Saints ITK was adamant Schneiderlin was off well before Lovren. Their coaches also haven't even come out to comment on the situation, while they have with Lovren and insisted he'd be honoring his contract. That's not to say he'll stay there, simply that the signs seem to indicate they're all resigned to losing Schneiderlin.

I love the way he plays.

When he gets the ball deep, either from a pass or interception or tackle, I love the way he drives forward into the space and brings the whole team up with him. Or looks for a forward pass with pace straight away to get us on the attack.

Seems like he plays the game and sees the game a hell of a lot quicker than others. Could go onto to be a top player IMO.

Amazing if we can get him.

My Question is do we need him if we have Capoue and Sandro, is he different enough to complement them, say we play a 4-2-3-1 could he partner Sandro and not make our midfield too defensive? I don't know enough about Schneiderlin to be honest or how much he would improve us.

Can't say much about Schneiderlin but Capoue was one of our best players last season before injury (the match ratings collected on this site evidence that) and then barely got a look in afterwards. Sandro, we all know, can be exceptional at his best but injuries just keep happening. Overall between the two of them I'm not convinced we need Schneiderlin at the prices quoted unless we can get a significant (£12m+) fee for either Capoue or Sandro.

Central midfield isn't where we should be spending decent portions of cash this summer. If Pochettino can't get what he needs from central positions out of a selection of players the calibre of Capoue, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho and Eriksen then I doubt his ability as a manager in any case.

Would be sensible to get him if Sandro decides to leave. Although the latest ITK says that Levy put a 16M price tag on him and Napoli has pulled the plug. Napoli is also said to be interested in Christoph Kramer (a bit like Sandro).

Can't say much about Schneiderlin but Capoue was one of our best players last season before injury (the match ratings collected on this site evidence that) and then barely got a look in afterwards. Sandro, we all know, can be exceptional at his best but injuries just keep happening. Overall between the two of them I'm not convinced we need Schneiderlin at the prices quoted unless we can get a significant (£12m+) fee for either Capoue or Sandro.

Central midfield isn't where we should be spending decent portions of cash this summer. If Pochettino can't get what he needs from central positions out of a selection of players the calibre of Capoue, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho and Eriksen then I doubt his ability as a manager in any case.

Agree on the issue of where we should spend the money, Davies is a great signing but I won't be happy with the transfer window unless we get Bony, easily one of the best Prem strikers a 20-30 goals a year forward we so need, perhaps a left winger, Depay keeps coming up and he looked good for Holland

Perhaps if Sandro does go Schneiderlin would be a good option.

I think it's quite clear that Sandro will never be fully recovered from his knee surgery. No man is. Been there, done that.

If any Napolians read this: I'm kidding, inside joke - Sandro is 130% recovered right now! Great buy.

My Question is do we need him if we have Capoue and Sandro, is he different enough to complement them, say we play a 4-2-3-1 could he partner Sandro and not make our midfield too defensive? I don't know enough about Schneiderlin to be honest or how much he would improve us.

I think the cards are continuing to accumulate that suggest Sandro is on the way out. The reporter that's been pushing this the most, Stobart, is saying Schneiderlin is a Sandro replacement. Take it as you will.

I still have rather mixed feelings about it, but given the fitness concerns and Schneiderlin's compatibility with Poch it does make sense.

I think the cards are continuing to accumulate that suggest Sandro is on the way out. The reporter that's been pushing this the most, Stobart, is saying Schneiderlin is a Sandro replacement. Take it as you will.

I still have rather mixed feelings about it, but given the fitness concerns and Schneiderlin's compatibility with Poch it does make sense.

I suppose if Sandro is becoming the midfield equivalant of Ledley then maybe it's best also stop the goon cunts getting him.

Schneiderlin actually has had better tackle and interception numbers than Sandro even during Sandro's incredible 2012/2013 season. Plus Schneiderlin is in a different stratosphere when it comes to passing. But seeing Sandro go would be such a bummer. On his day he is a joy to watch.

Schneiderlin actually has had better tackle and interception numbers than Sandro even during Sandro's incredible 2012/2013 season. Plus Schneiderlin is in a different stratosphere when it comes to passing. But seeing Sandro go would be such a bummer. On his day he is a joy to watch.

About my feeling exactly. Frankly adore Sandro, despite me being painted by a certain individual or two as wanting him out. Love what he brings to a side, both in terms of on the pitch and in the dressing room.

But his fitness record is just unacceptable, even before this knee injury. Also think Schneiderlin would be excellent for making the transition under Poch. Just flat out an excellent replacement if Sandro's sold, as looks likely.

Last edited:
Schneiderlin wouldn't be a great improvement over Sandro or Cap, but he appears to be durable. Something Sandro and to a lesser degree Cap, have shown not to be.

We have some quotes from the man himself.

'I think a manager like that is good for every club,' said Schneiderlin. 'With the quality Tottenham have, Mauricio Pochettino will get the best out of each player.

'He came in and made Southampton play and now Tottenham have a great future.

Sch[nei]derlin, a long-term target of Spurs' rivals Woolwich, also said that he owed his recent development, which earned him a spot in France's World Cup squad, to Pochettino.

'He improved me very much. He improved the whole squad and improved me as a player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-prepares-join-Spurs-Woolwich.html:pochsmirk:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...epares-join-Spurs-Woolwich.html#ixzz38A8hBGeS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah Schneiderlin is no slouch defensively. That number also accounts for the fact he wasn't even played as the more reserved/defensive of the two holding mids this past season, and was often in more advanced positions moving the ball forward. Fuggin impressive defensive numbers under that context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom