Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do get that. But why? There seems so little commonality between a London club and a very much provincial one? Is it simply anti establishment i.e. anti Celtic/Rangers Arse/Chavs? Apologies for the ignorance.
No problem mate but half my family are from the Aberdeen area as far as Montrose so they are my second club!

But I do hate the Auld Firm

Never been to Aberdeen. Looks pretty enough based on pictures that I might pencil it in for whenever I do visit Scotland.

My Scottish friends are trying to force me to root for either Kilmarnock or Stenhousemuir in the football tho.

Never been to Aberdeen. Looks pretty enough based on pictures that I might pencil it in for whenever I do visit Scotland.

My Scottish friends are trying to force me to root for either Kilmarnock or Stenhousemuir in the football tho.
Aberdeen, in the third Saturday in July (the summer) can look glorious in the sun. Footdee (fittie) is pretty but the wind can be a major downer.

Aberdeen is ok in parts, same as any other city. It’s the surrounding 50 miles that’s nice. And it’s always freezing.

I am due to visit friends in Overtornea next summer - is it that bad? BTW the cold is not as bad as people think in the NE it is the wind, Always the wind.
It can be. But right now it seems to be around -1 Celsius that far up.

(I'm from the north but there's still almost a 2 day drive up to Övertårneå from where I was raised).

Summer up there can be lovely. Literally sun for 24 hours.

Perfect time to go hiking.

Aberdeen is a dump, I've been twice so I'm somewhat of an expert.
At least 60% of it is, that’s fair. Maybe more now that nobody has a job anymore. Was there twice in the last week or so, my 3rd and 4th visit since February. Used to go four times a week. Place is a ghost town now.

At least 60% of it is, that’s fair. Maybe more now that nobody has a job anymore. Was there twice in the last week or so, my 3rd and 4th visit since February. Used to go four times a week. Place is a ghost town now.

I've only been there in recent times, once last Christmas and once again this October - the nearby areas were quite nice, took a drive up to the Glenfiddich (I think?) distillery which was in a lovely national park, the little towns like Inverurie were nice too.

As far as the city itself, I know it's called the granite city but it's just a grey and bleak area, every house looks the same and the general atmosphere/vibe was "it used to have loads of oil money, but not so much now"...

Good airport for a bit of planespotting though.

:mourthumb:

I've only been there in recent times, once last Christmas and once again this October - the nearby areas were quite nice, took a drive up to the Glenfiddich (I think?) distillery which was in a lovely national park, the little towns like Inverurie were nice too.

As far as the city itself, I know it's called the granite city but it's just a grey and bleak area, every house looks the same and the general atmosphere/vibe was "it used to have loads of oil money, but not so much now"...

Good airport for a bit of planespotting though.

:mourthumb:
The granite positively sparkles in the sunshine. Problem with that is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom