Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Agree with all of that. But some of the older grounds are still decent for atmosphere, like the two Edinburgh teams and Abs.
Might have changed since I was there. Was in Aberdeen from 2008-2012 and went to a fair few games. Pittodrie wasn't really great apart from the big games. The Dons away support was strong, and it was always a good day out heading to away games.

Saw recently, that they are introducing a "home end" in the Merkland, which was the family stand back then. I like the idea - cheaper tickets and no allocated seats, with the idea to get the vocal support congregated in the same area. Think they'll even have safe standing in their new ground.

Register to remove

CSWY

Supporter
Might have changed since I was there. Was in Aberdeen from 2008-2012 and went to a fair few games. Pittodrie wasn't really great apart from the big games. The Dons away support was strong, and it was always a good day out heading to away games.

Saw recently, that they are introducing a "home end" in the Merkland, which was the family stand back then. I like the idea - cheaper tickets and no allocated seats, with the idea to get the vocal support congregated in the same area. Think they'll even have safe standing in their new ground.
Yeah that’s worked pretty well so far. It’s a low roof stand so should get a noise going.

Register to remove

Top Bottom