Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So just heard from a mate who has been working in Scottish football for years for various clubs and here’s where the rumours are today:

Dundee were going to vote No to stick it to Dundee Utd as they’d get promoted to the Premier League. They made this intention clear on socials media. Then somehow, their vote never happened.

For years now, Celtic have been working with Dundee to try to get a Dundee v Celtic match moved to the USA, specifically Boston. Celtic see this is a chance to have a match in a full NFL or College Football stadium. The USA football authorities have blocked this on the grounds that it would open the door for other teams to do the same and damage the MLS brand.

However, there can still be friendlies there. The rumour now is that Celtic have again offered Dundee a series of annual friendlies in the USA in exchange for changing their vote to Yes, which would probably lead to Celtic being awarded the league title. But would also lead to Dundee Utd being promoted. Dundee now deciding if a few lucrative friendlies outweighs promoting their main rivals.

Loads of infighting and rumours up here about all this. The Caley CEO voted No and stated if he had voted Yes it would have been self serving. However, he’s a Rangers fan who used to work for Hearts, so certainly doesn’t want one losing the league and the other relegated. Also, do Caley want Hearts in their league vying for promotion next season? No.

Still a while to run on this.
And who said Scottish football was shite.....well it is but interestingly shite.

Completely random thought and not related to the Scottish league, rather the national team, are Scotland the West Ham of International Football?

As in they seemingly put next to all of their effort in playing England, that when they play other countries they don't show anywhere near the same intensity?

Completely random thought and not related to the Scottish league, rather the national team, are Scotland the West Ham of International Football?

As in they seemingly put next to all of their effort in playing England, that when they play other countries they don't show anywhere near the same intensity?
West ham are in the top league - unfortunately Scotland are probably league 1. I'd compare us to a Bolton or Preston. We were once pretty good, had some great players, have a lot of passionate fans, cause the occasional upset but are usually terrible. Also the arse has dropped out of us financially.

West ham are in the top league - unfortunately Scotland are probably league 1. I'd compare us to a Bolton or Preston. We were once pretty good, had some great players, have a lot of passionate fans, cause the occasional upset but are usually terrible. Also the arse has dropped out of us financially.
At least you aren't Blackpool.

In my isolation boredom I’ve been watching loads of old football videos, including some quite obscure ones.

I lived in Edinburgh for a few years and, whilst I’m not a Hibs fan, this cup final win was epic for them after over 100 years without the trophy... and beating the shitbags from R*ngers is always good to see.

Lovely spicy aftermath too followed by a beautiful rendition of Sunshine On Leith.

Again, I realise that this is of little interest to anyone.

In my isolation boredom I’ve been watching loads of old football videos, including some quite obscure ones.

I lived in Edinburgh for a few years and, whilst I’m not a Hibs fan, this cup final win was epic for them after over 100 years without the trophy... and beating the shitbags from R*ngers is always good to see.

Lovely spicy aftermath too followed by a beautiful rendition of Sunshine On Leith.

I watched an old firm game from 98 last night that had baby Gattuso in the Rangers 11. Totally forgot that he broke through up there.

I watched an old firm game from 98 last night that had baby Gattuso in the Rangers 11. Totally forgot that he broke through up there.
He married a Scots girl Monica Romano Italian decent sister of Carla Romano who I think was/is on breakfast tv.

Scottish Cup: Conrad Logan & Alan Stubbs on Hibs' 2016 triumph
Scottish Cup: Conrad Logan & Alan Stubbs on Hibs' 2016 triumph

Not that I care much about Scottish football or pretend to know the politics but it seems very amateurish how Dundee got to a position where their public vote alone controlled all outcomes. Surely that sort of thing has to be done in an organised and controlled vote. That's the absolute basics.

Not that I care much about Scottish football or pretend to know the politics but it seems very amateurish how Dundee got to a position where their public vote alone controlled all outcomes. Surely that sort of thing has to be done in an organised and controlled vote. That's the absolute basics.
It’s a farce but the Dundee thing was purely down to them not following instructions and the SPFL having a brutal email filter. Their vote wouldn’t have been the deciding one if they’d sent a JPEG rather than a PDF. If they’d done that right, their vote would have just been one of many.

Falkirk complain of 'utter shambles' as reconstruction talks fail
SNS

On the day when the Scottish Cup final should have been played at Hampden, frustrated Falkirk chairman Gary Deans has claimed a "small cabal" of Scottish Premiership clubs are to blame for bringing down league reconstructions plans.

A 15-strong panel, including Deans, had been set up to look at proposals but could not find consensus after the ballot to end the lower leagues prematurely because of the coronavirus crisis.

Falkirk will stay in League One having missed out on the title, and promotion, by one point from Raith Rovers.

Six top-flight club are reported to have opposed changing the current 12-10-10-10 set-up.

"The principle of 'do no harm' to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and this decision will cause harm to many clubs - Falkirk included," Deans added.
Read more

Falkirk complain of 'utter shambles' as reconstruction talks fail
SNS

On the day when the Scottish Cup final should have been played at Hampden, frustrated Falkirk chairman Gary Deans has claimed a "small cabal" of Scottish Premiership clubs are to blame for bringing down league reconstructions plans.

A 15-strong panel, including Deans, had been set up to look at proposals but could not find consensus after the ballot to end the lower leagues prematurely because of the coronavirus crisis.

Falkirk will stay in League One having missed out on the title, and promotion, by one point from Raith Rovers.

Six top-flight club are reported to have opposed changing the current 12-10-10-10 set-up.

"The principle of 'do no harm' to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and this decision will cause harm to many clubs - Falkirk included," Deans added.
Read more
They’ve relegated Hearts, Partick & Stranraer.....Hearts & Partick I believe could have gotten themselves out of the shit meanwhile Brechin City the worst team in the whole league have been reprieved with no relegation! But the infighting is making it worse Rangers have got an agenda and believing they are getting a raw deal but there’s no evidence each club is looking after themselves getting rid of Hearts makes life easier for Aberdeen, Hibernian & Motherwell.

Back
Top Bottom