Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So they’ve decided Celtic are the champions and Hearts are relegated. Still the spectre of league reconstruction in the background though, so not finished yet.

So they’ve decided Celtic are the champions and Hearts are relegated. Still the spectre of league reconstruction in the background though, so not finished yet.
Apparently that was dead in the water two weeks ago but has resurfaced can’t see what’s changed if they didn’t want it then why would they want it now?

Apparently that was dead in the water two weeks ago but has resurfaced can’t see what’s changed if they didn’t want it then why would they want it now?
It was cast aside previously as there was a possibility Hearts wouldn’t be relegated. Now that’s seemingly the case, there’s more championship clubs likely to vote yes to reconstruction I believe, as they aren’t keen on Hearts turning up with a comparatively huge budget.

It was cast aside previously as there was a possibility Hearts wouldn’t be relegated. Now that’s seemingly the case, there’s more championship clubs likely to vote yes to reconstruction I believe.
Right, my mate who’s more into Scottish football than I am reckoned Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell wanted Hearts down so less to challenge next season and the teams in the championship wanted Hearts down Hearts have a big fan base who follow them so big pay days when they rock up but not sure if it’s as simple as that.

Right, my mate who’s more into Scottish football than I am reckoned Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell wanted Hearts down so less to challenge next season and the teams in the championship wanted Hearts down Hearts have a big fan base who follow them so big pay days when they rock up but not sure if it’s as simple as that.
Less to challenge next year?

It's a one and a half horse race and the gumshavers, junkies and Murderwell aren't at the races.

Shame for Hearts but the issue they should be focusing on is how they could be so shit again on the pitch. They’re bottom for a reason. Just lost to St. Mirren. Not wholly unjust really. Celtic obviously deserved the title and I think it is a model overall that probably should be used more broadly.

Next year’s title race will be interesting. Can Celtic break the record for consecutive titles or can Rangers finally win something meaningful under Gerrard?

Nobody wants Hearts in their league. Third biggest budget in Scotland and would generally be a threat in the premier league, so teams there happy to see the back of them. They should walk the championship, so teams there don’t want them either.

They do have decent numbers of travelling support, but the kind that mean three times the policing costs, pretty much negating thefiscal benefits of having them play at your ground.

Nobody wants Hearts in their league. Third biggest budget in Scotland and would generally be a threat in the premier league, so teams there happy to see the back of them. They should walk the championship, so teams there don’t want them either.

They do have decent numbers of travelling support, but the kind that mean three times the policing costs, pretty much negating thefiscal benefits of having them play at your ground.
Their manager Stendal is it came from Barnsley? he is officially out of contract in his contact it states only if Hearts are in the top league but......?

Hibs fans celebrating the goal scored by Jonathan Obika that eventually relegated Hearts when they lost to St Mirren in March.
Had no idea he came through the Spurs academy, only played twice in the first team in the old UEFA Cup, spent a lot of time out on loan before leaving in 2014.

Last edited:
29-AD4-C92-40-B4-498-A-8-A49-8-E26-FCB0-C23-F.jpg

903-A0-C8-F-FA4-F-4547-8-ECF-F9-BA3-EBB087-C.jpg

the dog actually looks embarrassed.

FA9-A3787-FE2-F-40-CB-A992-9-AF796469-A1-A.jpg

Just sheer coincidence 😳
Hearts are no worse or better than the rest it’s all self interest Celtic & Rangers have their own agenda and if they could they’ve sod off out of Scotland but that would open up a can of worms.....but they are too big for Scotland no denying that! They’ve an option join the English league they’d love that I think the Bolton chairman as much said they’d be welcome........but would they? Sectarianism is still rife would the English league want that nonsense it’s got big enough issues with racism they don’t need that! Then were do they start it’s only fair they start at the bottom tier so what’s that a playing field with a port a cabin for changing rooms 4,5k pissed up Scots rocking up in some sleepy backwater looking for a good time, yeah can see that happening. Old firm aside every other club is basically the same just in lower grade of ambition....

Hearts are no worse or better than the rest it’s all self interest Celtic & Rangers have their own agenda and if they could they’ve sod off out of Scotland but that would open up a can of worms.....but they are too big for Scotland no denying that! They’ve an option join the English league they’d love that I think the Bolton chairman as much said they’d be welcome........but would they? Sectarianism is still rife would the English league want that nonsense it’s got big enough issues with racism they don’t need that! Then were do they start it’s only fair they start at the bottom tier so what’s that a playing field with a port a cabin for changing rooms 4,5k pissed up Scots rocking up in some sleepy backwater looking for a good time, yeah can see that happening. Old firm aside every other club is basically the same just in lower grade of ambition....
Those pissed up Scots are the first on the page come testimonial time though.

Wouldn’t want that political-religious shit anywhere near our league.

Back
Top Bottom