Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1-E009031-F8-B0-4-EBA-AAAC-DBEFBBE45-FA3.jpg

:mourfacepalm:

I for one, find it interesting that a man who has openly stated that he doesn't believe in tactics has managed to hang on to the job for as long as he has.

I for one, find it interesting that a man who has openly stated that he doesn't believe in tactics has managed to hang on to the job for as long as he has.
Scottish football tactics - play Hamilton three times a season and score 5 each match.

Anyone on this forum would have Celtic finishing top every year or two.

Scottish football tactics - play Hamilton three times a season and score 5 each match.

Anyone on this forum would have Celtic finishing top every year or two.
Apparently Gordon "Eugenics" Strachan is the favorite to take over if he gets the boot according to some of my Scottish friends.

At least their recruitments are consistent.

Celtic would be a disastrous choice for Poch - he need to learn from the times he came up short at the elite level like CL final and FA semi vs Jose's Utd. He'll get zero of that at Celtic.

Pick up some meaningless trophies - haven't Celtic won every available trophy for 3 years running? - and spend his time managing against St Mirren and Hamilton Academicals. Don't get me wrong I'm kindof a fan of Scottish football, but it's on a par with the Portuguese league and probably behind the Eredivise.

If he can't get in at Madrid or Juve etc, a Lazio/Atletico/Dortmund choice would make far more sense.

Lennon has not had a good season but he has been fantastic for them over a period of years, while they may want him out they should show him some respect.
The guy is an absolute head the ball. Complete wind up merchant and shows no respect to anyone else. The sooner he's away from anything sectarian the better

Absolutely zero chance of Poch going to Celtic, there's no money in Scottish football. Celtics wage bill total last year was just under £60m, with their highest earner (Scott Brown) on about £30k a week. Poch's last contract at Spurs was £8.5m a year, about £160k a week.
They had a operating loss of £300k for the year when they announced their financials last month, that only includes 3 months of COVID.

Is someone seriously suggesting Poch might move to Glasgow?

I mean, I can understand an Argentinian preferring Scotland to England (for reasons of basic humanity), but Poch is too big for the Old Firm.

I know our traditional allegiance in Scotland is with Aberdeen. But a more logical one for me would be Hearts. Capital city. Decent support and history, although the latter more recently restricted to a few occasional cup wins. Aberdeen seem more akin to a Nottingham Forest: unlikely big trophies but an irrelevant outpost geographically and competitively most of the time. Hearts fans at our Europa meetings were a good bunch. Hate the Old Firm - rightly - and have embarrassing neighbours.

I know our traditional allegiance in Scotland is with Aberdeen. But a more logical one for me would be Hearts. Capital city. Decent support and history, although the latter more recently restricted to a few occasional cup wins. Aberdeen seem more akin to a Nottingham Forest: unlikely big trophies but an irrelevant outpost geographically and competitively most of the time. Hearts fans at our Europa meetings were a good bunch. Hate the Old Firm - rightly - and have embarrassing neighbours.
Fucking irrelevant outpost? Words, for once, fail me.

It’s Aberdeen!

Never the Jambos!

I do get that. But why? There seems so little commonality between a London club and a very much provincial one? Is it simply anti establishment i.e. anti Celtic/Rangers Arse/Chavs? Apologies for the ignorance.
I believe it stems from the "casual" football hooligans from the 80's. Aberdeen hate Rangers, who have a long standing friendship/connection with Chelsea (far right politics mainly). Kind of like "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

I believe it stems from the "casual" football hooligans from the 80's. Aberdeen hate Rangers, who have a long standing friendship/connection with Chelsea (far right politics mainly). Kind of like "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Aberdeen’s first competitive match against an English team was Spurs in 73. It’s my understanding connections were made then and increased over the next few years. A bit of a lull in the early eighties when both were strong in Europe, but later, when English teams were banned, a lot of Spurs followed Aberdeen abroad. And it’s still a thing today between what’s left of Spurs mob and Aberdeen Soccer Casuals.

Back
Top Bottom