Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When they beat Rangers in the Final a couple of years back, to win the Scottish FA Cup for the first time in decades upon decades, their version of Sunshine On Leith was sublime. Gave me goosebumps and I’m not a Hibs fan.
Same here mate. Not an ounce of feeling for them, but that was some few minutes.

8-DA58-E72-424-E-48-D5-8-A89-FE5-F1838-DE0-D.jpg

:mourfacepalm:

Hibs are Spurs. Flamboyant, style over substance, skilful players and legendary history - win fuck all.
So many parallels actually

1 - Share a city with some arrogant neighbours with ideas well above their station
2 - Hibs previous chairman Rod Petrie is so like Levy it's unreal. Both put long term infrastructure projects (stadium and training ground in both cases) ahead of on pitch investment.
3 - Petrie and Levy both known as formidable negotiators when it comes to selling players
3 - Fans have an idea that their club should play a certain way
4 - Relative to size, both clubs have underperformed horribly

Good luck to them. A tad jealous of any Club that's fan-owned.

I don't follow a particular Scottish team, but if there's someone playing decent footie like Rangers under MW or Celtic under BR then I'll watch out for their results.

Decent reason for looking out for Hearts (although I have to say that some of their "fans" are shockers).

Good luck to them. A tad jealous of any Club that's fan-owned.

Yes, good luck to them. Our ship has sailed - Close Season 1991, driven into the ground by that clown Scolar, and then "rescued" with the dead hand of SurAlan.

Could the fans have bought the club then for £9m or thereabouts?

Would have been great fun (as well as a rather nice investment lol)

Yes, good luck to them. Our ship has sailed - Close Season 1991, driven into the ground by that clown Scolar, and then "rescued" with the dead hand of SurAlan.

Could the fans have bought the club then for £9m or thereabouts?

Would have been great fun (as well as a rather nice investment lol)
Mind you I'm really not sure whether fans of big clubs like us (even the Bayerns and Barca's of this world) can influence decisions and direction of the Club or feel any closer to it because they are "members". I think for smaller clubs it's brilliant as you do genuinely get to have a say and feel that you belong to that club.

The only real tangible control is that takeovers by unscrupulous property developers who are eyeing up the Club's ground for future development of a housing estate are removed.

But fans really know fuck all about football and even less about how it should be run and ultimately shouldn't be allowed anywhere near influencing these decisions. Their position is to apply pressure on those to always make the decisions that should be in the interest of the Club, not themselves. Easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom