Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are many ways we could line up forward… but I kinda like the idea of:

Son - Richy - Kulu

To start. Reward Richy for his performance yesterday. Get him shithousing them. Balls whipped into the box by Porro, Madders and Kulu.

Then, Johnson to come on and run at them with Son to move central.

Absolutely no way I’m not starting Richy after his performance vs Sheff,

I might start him left wing though to hold the ball up v the press and leave Son to run in behind.

Either way this is the perfect game for Richys mentality imo.

Let's not make more of this game than is necessary.

They are better than we are at present. No hiding. Stronger midfield and in Saka, someone who is not just very good, but also a player who plays well against us.

To our advantage is they have to play twice before we face them, so regardless of fitness, they may be slightly laboured.

Johnsom for me, as he will stretch them. Son will start, and then it's a decision between Kulusevski, Solomon and Richarlison.

Not gifting a goal would be worth its weight in gold.

But it's not a big test. 13 points from 5 games is a super start and eveb if it's 13 from 6, it's still very good.

COYS!!!
Away at the Emirates is probably our toughest fixture of the season, and that was before they got good again. Liverpool at home is much more of a test of how good we are.

But it's not a big test. 13 points from 5 games is a super start and eveb if it's 13 from 6, it's still very good.
The points per game from 13 after 6 over a full season would lead to a total of 82. That would be enough to have come 2nd or 3rd in the league every year in the last decade. With the exception of the year Leicester won it with 81 points.

So yes a VERY good return.

I don't think I'd make any changes to the starting XI, the subs did well against Sheffield but not enough to get into the lineup for a game like this. Son up front is perfect for this type of game away from home.

We will fuck this lot of chancers up.

Our Title race contenders credentials will be confirmed in a blaze of glory and goals.

Due to a new superstition I won’t look at the score until 30mins after the game has ended. Anytime I watch or go to these these games we lose. Time to switch it up.
(I’m busy next Sunday so makes sense to switch off to this and concentrate on life shit)

4-2 to the all conquering Tottenham Hotspur.

Woolwich. The most overrated team in the Premier League. Bottlers of a one-horse race.

If they try and play against us, they'll get battered.

A potential battle of Johnson (quickest player in the PL) v Zinchenko (slowest LB in the PL) is mouthwatering.

Haven't looked forward to a NLD as much as this in a long time.

Interested to see how Rice/Kavertz/Odegaard match up against Bissouma/Sarr/Maddison.

In my opinion, in midfield, man for man, we're better.

At centre back, man for man, we're better. LWB, we're better (Udogie certainly and fully back him to keep Saka wrapped up, Porro has been very good moving up the pitch and has shown improvements defensively).

Question marks over what our front three looks like. I really think Johnson has to start, his pace will cause Woolwich so many problems. Son is Son and I feel like we'll need Richi's presence in the box.

Going to be a good watch.

We will fuck this lot of chancers up.

Our Title race contenders credentials will be confirmed in a blaze of glory and goals.

Due to a new superstition I won’t look at the score until 30mins after the game has ended. Anytime I watch or go to these these games we lose. Time to switch it up.
(I’m busy next Sunday so makes sense to switch off to this and concentrate on life shit)

4-2 to the all conquering Tottenham Hotspur.
Wait what…. Life shit…. This is life… this is more important than life 😂

Yesterday’s result was massive. Confidence will be sky high and without stating the obvious, we’ll be in a much better place than if we’d lost or drew.

I’d take a point but it won’t be easy.

We need experience in this game.

Wouldn't be against Ange bringing in Hojberg and Dier.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Looking forward to Sarr lighting it up. He seems to perform particularly well in the big matches like AC Milan, Utd and even vs Woolwich last year.

We'll need to get the breaks but we have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom