Scum v Tottenham U21s Premier League 22nd April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies in advance for postin a link to the Daily Mail, but has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-celebrate-beating-Woolwich-shoes-chant.html

That video is really special. Epitomises what you guys are achieving with this movement. Our future will be shaped by these events. What talented young players wouldnt want to play in front of crowds like that.

Fucking amazing, I nearly wept.

I've got 'just like gervinho' ringing around in my head today.

Anyone with a vid of that needs to share with as many gooners as possible today.

Legend.

196mg0.jpg

That is all.
I got a cheeky pic of him as well. Did anyone hear the Adebayor chant he tried to start? Something like 'adebayor, 6 foot 4, hes gonna score' it was DREADFUL lol

I was in the Woolwich side with my Girlfriend, good view of you lot. Great when the Woolwich fans actually sang back. There was a man who resembled Wenger up in the box that people kept taking pictures of.. Who knows!

I also sat next to Ceballos' tasty Spanish girlfriend..
:levystare:

Come to think of it - you weren't the guy who moved away with his girlfriend when the smoke grenade went off were you? The poor girl looked so upset!

I know 1882 is open for everyone, and that people from all ages were there last night, but I think it's great to see photos of so many young passionate Spurs fans. Take away the fashion and haircuts and it looks like The Shelf in the 70's.

The average age at Premiership football gets higher every season. In the 70's the average age at the Stretford End was 17. Today it's close to 50.

Go one then, tl;dr. But who actually remembers any of this?

Our Under-21s march on in the Barclays U21 Premier League thanks to a deserved victory in the derby against Woolwich at Barnet's Underhill Stadium on Monday night.
Nabil Bentaleb scored the only goal of the game timed just 12 seconds into the second half to complete the double over the Gunners and stretch our lead to eight points over Manchester United in the Elite Group.
The form the team has showed all season - 16 wins in 25 in both phases of the competition so far, scoring 77 goals - was evident again at Barnet.
No doubt inspired by the huge Spurs contingent in the 2,394 crowd, the team dominated for long periods and could have been out of reach by the midway point of the first half.
We created chance after chance but only had Bentaleb's goal to show when the Gunners started to come alive in the second half. Big frontman Chuba Akpom headed against the crossbar and was denied a late equaliser by Jonathan Miles, but anything less than a Spurs win would have been a travesty.
Playing up the famous slope in the first half, the only mystery was how we failed to go ahead.
The first chance arrived after five minutes when Shaq Coulthirst met Tom Carroll's low cross but could only turn his volley straight at Emiliano Martinez.
Akpom responded with a 25-yarder just wide but the lads dominated from there.
Carroll should really have done better after a fine move - Kenny McEvoy picked out Bentaleb on the edge of the box, he cushioned a pass into Carroll but the midfielder dragged wide from the left angle.
The chances kept coming. Cristian Ceballos whipped in a free-kick that just evaded Grant Hall at the near post and needed a reaction save from Martinez and then Jack Barthram's cross found Ceballos at the far post but his measured finish was too close to Martinez, who saved down to his right.
Ceballos then let fly from 25 yards, his effort dipping just over and the save of the half from Martinez, a brave block as Coulthirst hammered Carroll's clever pass at goal from close range.
All that inside 25 minutes!
The next chance fell to Woolwich on 41 minutes as Serge Gnabry might have done better from Carl Jenkinson's cross but it was no surprise that the final chances of the half fell our way, with Zeki Fryers volleying over and then a quick break led by Coulthirst, who rolled the ball wide right to Ceballos and got in position for the return only to sidefoot straight at Martinez from 12 yards.
The lead came from our first attack of the second half. Kenny McEvoy fired in a cross to the near post that ran loose and Bentaleb reacted quickest to flick home from the left angle.
Ceballos tested Martinez twice more before the first of Woolwich's two best spells in the match, culminating in Akpom looping a header against the crossbar on 66 minutes. Gnabry's follow up missed the target.
Positive news followed seconds later as Jake Nicholson replaced Bentaleb for his first appearance in over a year after being sidelined by injury.
Sanchez Watt fired just over as Woolwich continued to press but we soon took a grip again. Ceballos lashed inches wide on 73 minutes and then Carroll lobbed a pass into Coulthirst, who connected with a first-time volley that Martinez plucked out of the air to his right.
Coulthirst was soon facing the goalkeeper again after getting the better of Nico Yennaris, but having angled his finish across Martinez, he could only watch as the ball cannoned back off the inside of the upright.
Woolwich had one more burst in the final minutes and Miles was there when called upon five minutes from time, out sharply to block at the feet of Akpom.
There was one more chance for the home side as Akpom beat Miles to Francis Coquelin's pass but Fryers was one of three defenders available to hack the ball to safety.
It all means a win in our final match at Southampton on Monday week, April 29, will secure the Elite Group title.
Woolwich Under-21s (4-3-3): Martinez; Jenkinson, Hajrovic, Hayden, Meade; Olsson, Coquelin, Yennaris; Zelalem (Watt, 63), Akpom, Gnabry. Unused subs: Bellerin, Shea, Monteiro, Eastmond.
Spurs Under-21s (4-3-3): Miles; Fredericks, Fryers, Hall, Barthram; Bentaleb (Nicholson, 67), Carroll, Gallifuoco (Dombaxe, 80); Ceballos, Coulthirst, McEvoy. Unused subs: Vigouroux, D McQueen.

Yes as sadly I only managed a couple of pre-match pints in the West End before travelling up.

Carroll's chance was definitely the best of the match, not sure how he didn't score.

I'd say there keeper was comfortably MOM as well, if they'd stuck Chesney in instead it would have been 4 or 5 nil

After last night I think we all have reasons to be positive about this great club. The young fans, clearly still with us despite being priced out and the young team, by the looks of it amongst the best in the country. The future is in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom