Season Run in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Little fun stat -

Across past 5 games, Tottenham is THE in form team in the league.
5 games, 4 wins, 1 loss - 12 points and GD of +9. Shitty has same points GD of +8. Other teams in top -

ManU 11 - involved in EL still (most likely progresses to next round as well); has to play us, Pool (even current form Pool will turn up against ManU); Leicester
Leicester 10 - involved in FA Cup still; lot of issues with injuries; still to play ManCity; Wet Spam; Chelsea; ManU, us - that is hell of a schedule
Chelsea 9 - involved in CL (most likely progresses to next round as well) AND Fa cup; has to play West Ham (A) ; Man City (A); Woolwich (H); Leicester (H)
Everton 9 - playing us, Wet Spam, Woolwich and Man City
Wet Spam 7 - wheels are falling right off; a'la Aston Villa; Leicester, Chelsea, Everton to play against
Pool 6 -involved in CL, very exhausting clash with Real Madrid; 4 wins from past 15 games, total of 15 points, so 1 ppg - from the same time we have 28 points ... despite being utter shit in long periods of time

So from our 7 competitors, its only us, Everton and Wet Spam that can soley focus on EPL (well, we have EFL final, but that is 1 game on the weekend - it's not even 2 games a week, as far as I understand).
Others have additional hassle to manage, bigger or lesser.

As weird as it is, everything is still in our hands. And that is frightening me to be honest :D . We've all seen our games this season, haven't we. But I will say that - some of our issues also seem to be down to players being run to the ground. Now we have essentially 1 game per week. Meaning we should be able to start Hjojberg, Ndombele, Lo Celso in midfield; Regulion+ Aurier as fullbacks and Son+Kane (assuming Sonny will be fully fit by 04.04) in all of remaining 10 games.

But yea, given that it is all in our hands, then I agree- it is certainly possible to make it to top 4, but not very likely. ManU will keep their place in top 4. I am afraid - 9 points is too big of a gap. Leicester with 8 points, and yet to play against us (so would have to lose 5 points more in other 8 games) - seems only slightly possible. But Chelsea with 3 points gap, with them having toughest remaining schedule + likely 4 games in CL + still alive in FA cup - it is possible for sure. Everton we have to beat on our own, and then I think we'll be fine, West Ham is already falling apart and I really hope Liverpool have lost their desire in EPL.

Simply because if we get to a stage we're 7 or 8 pts off top 4 i can't see us coming back with 6 games to play.

Sorry, but that is objectively funny.
I believe that CL places are given after 38 games are played, not 32.

Specially considering their schedule + involvement in both CL AND FA Cup.

Not saying it will be easy ofc, but it could happen.

Sorry, but that is objectively funny.
I believe that CL places are given after 38 games are played, not 32.

Specially considering their schedule + involvement in both CL AND FA Cup.

Not saying it will be easy ofc, but it could happen.
Of course it could happen but i don't see it. You talk about form over the season, well our form over the season has been poor and we fail time and again against decent sides and we are scared of our shadow in any crunch game, same as we were last season. Chelsea under Tuchel have shown title challenging form. They don't concede. If they still had Lampard i'd rate our chances a lot higher.

Leicester's next two fixtures are City (H) and West Ham (A), I could see them getting dragged into the top 4 race.

They also have a horrible end to the season, United (A), Chelsea (A) and us at home. If we're 4 or 5 points behind them going into the last 3, I would fancy our chances.
They look tricky I agree but it needs to continue being very tight. Don’t want any of these teams playing each other where top 4 is already secured for one or two of them.

Interesting (6 pointer) ones are Everton, United and then see where we are on the last day of the season v Leicester.

It’s still in our hands. A run similar to the start of the season is needed. Win 6 and draw 3. We could maybe get away with losing 1.

Our final game at Leicester should be interesting...
Typical they could have 10k fans at home for it.
Hope if so they are obliged to have some away fans but I doubt it.
That last day of fixtures will be very unfair to the away teams given that there is no corresponding attendance the previous week for them at home.
It has already been agreed that that would be unfair so there are tentative plans to shift the previous weekend’s fixtures a couple of days forward to midweek so that fans would be able to attend that round too. Almost certainly no away fans at either though.

Will we win the league, then finish in the top 4, fleetingly followed by will we finish top half. Now for the next fortnight it's this.

Surely it will be how many players will be on the pitch in each game within a few weeks!

If nothing else we must surely know by now that we just don't know.

Will we win the league, then finish in the top 4, fleetingly followed by will we finish top half. Now for the next fortnight it's this.

Surely it will be how many players will be on the pitch in each game within a few weeks!

If nothing else we must surely know by now that we just don't know.
I stopped reading after those 5 words but you are one mega confident fella!

I'm wondering why everyone on here is saying it is all in our hands. We are 3 points behind chelsea and do not play them. We are 8 points behind leicester so even if we beat them, we are still 5 back. We can win every game and still not finish top 4. Therefore, it is not in our hands.

Now, if we do win every game (an unrealistically tall task), it is likely the others will drop enough points. But that's fucking obvious.

Last edited:
I'm wondering why everyone on here is saying it is all in our hands. We are 3 points behind chelsea and do not play them. We are 8 points behind leicester so even if we beat them, we are still 5 back. We can win every game and still not finish out of top 4. Therefore, it is not in our hands.

Now, if we do win every game (an unrealistically tall task), it is likely the others will drop enough points. But that's fucking obvious.

Because we are a leeeetle bit drunk.

I'm wondering why everyone on here is saying it is all in our hands. We are 3 points behind chelsea and do not play them. We are 8 points behind leicester so even if we beat them, we are still 5 back. We can win every game and still not finish out of top 4. Therefore, it is not in our hands.

I haven't bothered to do the calcs to check, but I think it's because Chelsea, West ham and Leicester all still play each other so will drop points. Either way we'll probably have to win at least 7 of the remaining 9 games which is too tall an ask in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom