Semi Final - The Team. Friedel or Cudicini?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What starting XI should we go with? Be good to hear you guys thoughts before the game kicks-off rather than the post-match wisdom of hindsight.

For me, even though he's played all the cup games, there's no room for sentiment in football so he's got to drop Cudicini and go with our best keeper Friedel. My team then:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Kaboul(if fit, otherwise King then Neilsen) BAE
Sandro Parker
VDV Modric Bale
Adey

I'd pick the same team but Lennon for VDV. I think we can really stretch them if we play two wide men with 3 in the middle. I just worry about Rafa tracking Cole back on the right. But, you just know VDV will play considering the game. But I'd start Lennon if I was the manager, he always seems to give Cole a rough ride.

Sandro has been dreadful lately, I'd play Livermore instead.

Apparently Kaboul is out injured . . . Ledley has been shit this year so we need him to be at his absolute best on the day.

Also agree with EssexYid, I'd prefer Lennon to VDV

Would be harsh on Cudicini not to play him, I think he deserves it & it's not like he's abysmal

Ksaw92 said:
Sandro has been dreadful lately, I'd play Livermore instead.

Apparently Kaboul is out injured . . . Ledley has been shit this year so we need him to be at his absolute best on the day.

Also agree with EssexYid, I'd prefer Lennon to VDV

Would be harsh on Cudicini not to play him, I think he deserves it & it's not like he's abysmal

Livermore was dreadful against Norwich though.

I'd start Sandro personally.

I don't care if it's harsh on Cudicini, this is an FA Cup Semi Final against Chelsea at Wembley, so you have to play your best team and that includes the keeper.

4-2-3-1

[centre]:brad:
:walker: Gallas :ledleylick: :bae:
:sandro: :parker:
:lennon: :rafaaaa: :baletroll:
:adegrin2:[/centre]

This is my choice, doubt 'arry would play this.

[centre]:brad:
:walker: :ledleylick: :kaboul: :baeshock:
:lennon: :parker: :modric: :baletroll:
:rafaaaa:
:adestare:[/centre]

Im like a little kid, i saw someone put a team sheet up with smileys so i wanted to do it as well!

I know kabouls injured, but didn't want any text in, so just imagine kaboul is gallas. :ledley:

Can I have this team please?

[centre]:brad:[/centre]
[centre]:walker: :ledleylick: :akabusi: :bae:[/centre]
[centre]:parker: :sandro:[/centre]
[centre]:gazza:[/centre]
[centre]:cliveallen: :ap: :joejordan:[/centre]

Back
Top Bottom