Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That'll teach me for making an effort.

200.gif
I knew it was you
:adegrin:
:dierpochhug:

As I understand it, the appeal was against his conviction and it was successful. This paves the way for entry into the UK pending receipt of the necessary appeal documents from the French authorities. I'll try and find a source...

Edit to add:

Spurs set to sign Aurier and Foyth - source
Ah, well that makes sense. If the conviction is overturned than that means the entry clearance officer can no longer use Immigration Rule 320 against him in respect of criminal history. Of course there's still character and public interest concerns, but I doubt that will be an issue.

Realistically, I don't see the necessary paper work to be completed before deadline day. Less than 7 days left now. And he has already had problems with travelling to the UK, when he was refused entry in PSG's last CL campaign.

Besides the work permit, what else does he need?

If we sign Aurier and Sanchez the we have great options in defence assuming Rose is around.
Just what we need for Europe and the league.
Aurier is much better than Walker imo. It's if he can acclimatise to the PL. which he should.
He can play in all positions along the back line.
He's still youngish and has 2 seasons of CL under his belt.

Realistically, I don't see the necessary paper work to be completed before deadline day. Less than 7 days left now. And he has already had problems with travelling to the UK, when he was refused entry in PSG's last CL campaign.

That was a bit dodgy. He was sentenced in September and in October he was granted an access visa.
Then one week before the game, they revoked it.

Entry clearance approval.

The club will have instructed one of the magic circle law firms to handle it. They will have contacts at the Home Office who will seek Tier 2 Sportsperson approval (the "work permit"). That can be done quickly if you know the right people. It'll then be up to the entry clearance officer in our Paris consulate to approve entry. Usually takes a week or two in commercial cases like this.

There's nothing stopping him signing a contract with the club in the meantime and it being registered with the footballing authorities. We'd just include a provision that failure to obtain entry clearance would void the contract and render him a free agent.

That was a bit dodgy. He was sentenced in September and in October he was granted an access visa.
Then one week before the game, they revoked it.
He may not have disclosed the conviction at the time of application or the application may have been made prior to the sentencing/conviction and the entry clearance officer considered it on the basis of the information available at the time.

Realistically, I don't see the necessary paper work to be completed before deadline day.

A drunk Alonso was doing twice the speed limit, while drunk, in the rain. He crashes into a wall, killing his passenger and he only has to pay a fine.

Footballer can get away with murder, but you think a work permit is going to be an issue? Alrighty then.

A drunk Alonso was doing twice the speed limit, while drunk, in the rain. He crashes into a wall, killing his passenger and he only has to pay a fine.

Footballer can get away with murder, but you think a work permit is going to be an issue? Alrighty then.
With respect, you have no idea of immigration law. A fine is not a custodial sentence. The latter is what activates an entry clearance refusal under the Immigration Rules. What's more, Tier 2 approval (the "work permit") can be granted but entry otherwise still denied under general grounds for refusal. It is the original conviction and custodial sentence that stopped Aurier previously. Only that being overturned will give him a meritorious application for entry clearance without any legal challenges in the UK. That is what we have to hope has occurred to complete this signing.

With respect, you have no idea of immigration law. A fine is not a custodial sentence. The latter is what activates an entry clearance refusal under the Immigration Rules. What's more, Tier 2 approval (the "work permit") can be granted but entry otherwise still denied under general grounds for refusal. It is the original conviction and custodial sentence that stopped Aurier previously. Only that being overturned will give him a meritorious application for entry clearance without any legal challenges in the UK. That is what we have to hope has occurred to complete this signing.
Love you Sal.

Do you ever represent in Scots Law criminal cases?

Back
Top Bottom