Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im not following....first up you said you "trusted" the decison to play Trippier for two years. A convenient way to not slate Poch for playing a "champo" defender and leaving two better RBs to rot on the bench, if they even made the bench.

Now you are saying that you havent claimed Aurier would improve us.

Or do you think Aurier would improve us, but you "dont know" if Jose will?
Because youve just denied that too.
What?!

Tripps was shit
Aurier is better

Aurier was mostly injured so Tripps got the game time. Any question marks I had wasn't whether Aurier played (BECAUSE HE WAS FUCKING INJURED) it was why wasn't KWP played over Tripps? But trusted that desition because it was so hard to get a true sense of where KWP was because we rarely saw him to make such a judgement.

What?!

Tripps was shit
Aurier is better

Aurier was mostly injured so Tripps got the game time. Any question marks I had wasn't whether Aurier played (BECAUSE HE WAS FUCKING INJURED) it was why wasn't KWP played over Tripps? But trusted that desition because it was so hard to get a true sense of where KWP was because we rarely saw him to make such a judgement.
Yeah.
So as I said, you quite happy to accept an ok RB will improve us, but not a world class manager?

We're seeing the "new manager" bump right now. We still have huge problems in this team.

We do but we have a fantastic nucleus for the new boss to tweak and work with. Defensive investments are a must but 2-3 players in and we will be looking very healthy. Midfield and attacking options consisting of Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son, Lamela, Sessegnon & Kane really is top level. 11 players for attacking prowess so if Jose can hit it right with defensive minded footballers I think we will be able to more than hold our own against most teams in Europe.

If Aurier can finally come good that will be one down, all other areas need TLC and I do still hold hope for Sanchez but he needs to polish up on one or two areas. I'm fascinated by the rest of our season and moving forward.

The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 so you think I haven't been saying this? Strange.

It's quite simple, I disagree with your opinion about the players mentioned and find the fact that you're still sticking the boot into KT a bit tragic tbh...especially after all the shit that has happened in the interim with regards to the manager, chairman, transfers, contracts and players.

I'll tell you what, if Jose could undo any of our transfer business that happened before he got here, it would likely be that transfer IMO.

It's quite simple, I disagree with your opinion about the players mentioned and find the fact that you're still sticking the boot into KT a bit tragic tbh...especially after all the shit that has happened in the interim with regards to the manager, chairman, transfers, contracts and players.

I'll tell you what, if Jose could undo any of our transfer business that happened before he got here, it would likely be that transfer IMO.
Oh, so you are just hitting the disagree button on every post then.

OK here is another for you. Fill your boots mate.
tenor.gif

Cup double and 2nd in two seasons?
What did Moyes win?
Let me get this straight. You think that even though mourinho spent the bones of 300 million or whatever it was on signings he most certainly wanted, his tenure at United was a success just because they won a Carabao cup and a Europa League? And the way they played was acceptable even though they were utter dogshit week in week out?

Let me get this straight. You think that even though mourinho spent the bones of 300 million or whatever it was on signings he most certainly wanted, his tenure at United was a success just because they won a Carabao cup and a Europa League? And the way they played was acceptable even though they were utter dogshit week in week out?
When your weird bereavement period has subsided, you can sit back and ask yourself if an EL and Carabou Cup double is acceptable in a two year tenure

Where are you getting this from? I've said is OK (he's our best RB) but we can find better.

I've bored everyone rigid (including myself) on what I think of our RB situation. What part of it are you not understanding?
I’m getting at the fucking fact you think a better RB will make our team better but you DONT KNOW if a better manager will.

It’s not fucking rocket science mate.
It’s pretty clear your playing your “I’m confused” card because you clearly realise nothing you are saying adds up.

ERGO: pick the RB of your choice, whether realistically or not.
DO YOU THINK HE WILL IMPROVE THE TEAM?
“Yeeesssss”

Do you think a world class 22 trophy manager will improve the team?
”dont know”

I’m getting at the fucking fact you think a better RB will make our team better but you DONT KNOW if a better manager will.

It’s not fucking rocket science mate.
It’s pretty clear your playing your “I’m confused” card because you clearly realise nothing you are saying adds up.

ERGO: pick the RB of your choice, whether realistically or not.
DO YOU THINK HE WILL IMPROVE THE TEAM?
“Yeeesssss”

Do you think a world class 22 trophy manager will improve the team?
”dont know”
I don't think Jose is a better Manager than Poch. He used to be the best manager in the World, I don't think he is anymore.

Does that cover it?

I don't think Jose is a better Manager than Poch. He used to be the best manager in the World, I don't think he is anymore.

Does that cover it?

Isn’t it funny that even at his worst Jose won a cup double (just after winning the PL in his second worst period) then went on an 18 month break.

And you’ve decided Poch is better?

Fuck me, some of you need proper help.
Sorry mate, you’ve just had your “not one brick” moment.

Does that cover it?

What? LOL! How can you say that you don't think Jose is a better manager than Poch and keep a straight face?

You can't be serious? Even during his "shit" period he won two trophies for United and had them finishing 2nd.

They guy has won 25 trophies and Poch has won the square root of fuck all.

Not being funny but the argument that Poch is a better manager holds literally no weight whatsoever.

The only reason you think that is because you haven't got over the fact that Poch has left and you place more emphasis on "attractive football and being entertained" than you do winning.

Which is fine but let's not get delusional and claim Poch is a better manager than Mourinho, no evidence exists to suggest that as a fact.

Isn’t it funny that even at his worst Jose won a cup double (just after winning the PL in his second worst period) then went on an 18 month break.

And you’ve decided Poch is better?

Fuck me, some of you need proper help.
Well, half the football world share this opinion mate so it really isn't a fucking bolt out of the blue.

What? LOL! How can you say that you don't think Jose is a better manager than Poch and keep a straight face?

You can't be serious? Even during his "shit" period he won two trophies for United and had them finishing 2nd.

They guy has won 25 trophies and Poch has won the square root of fuck all.

Not being funny but the argument that Poch is a better manager holds literally no weight whatsoever.

The only reason you think that is because you haven't got over the fact that Poch has left and you place more emphasis on "attractive football and being entertained" than you do winning.

Which is fine but let's not get delusional and claim Poch is a better manager than Mourinho, no evidence exists to suggest that as a fact.
Fucking hell another poster that thinks football is top trumps.

I am talking about the present. Not historically and I don't use Europa league wins as a measure of greatness. I take into account how teams play, how they compete and within the context of what resources are available.

I think he's past it.

What I'm saying is shared by fucking millions of football (not just Spurs) fans mate, it really isn't mind-boggling. And whilst I'm at it, knowing how this place works, and the utter ridiculous strawmen that get built up I think he's a very, very good manager.

When your weird bereavement period has subsided, you can sit back and ask yourself if an EL and Carabou Cup double is acceptable in a two year tenure
When your weird celebration and “I told ye so” period has subsided, you will come to see that at a club of Manchester United’s stature, with the financial backing he received, to win two second rate trophies whilst coming nowhere near winning your domestic league, playing eye sore inducing football dropping points to minnows week in, week out and perpetually throwing your players under a bus to mask your own failings was absolutely not acceptable, and I don’t know what planet you’re living on if you think it was.

Well, half the football world share this opinion mate so it really isn't a fucking bolt out of the blue.

Half the football world? Really? You mean Gary Lineker who thinks we will never get a better manager than Pochettino? LOL.

That's funny because the football world suddenly thinks spurs are going to be winning trophies now that Jose has come to our club, I haven't seen many people saying we will regret sacking Poch, as a matter of fact, most fans and pundits are shitting a brick at the thought of him being our manager because it might mean we finally stop being the bridesmaids.

Back
Top Bottom