Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this clown Guido thinks Mourinho passed it then he does not know what the f he is talking about. The man is a master manager and that is the reason he IS still demanding the same wage that Pep and few other top manager command. Do you know why all the papers just concentrate on Mourinho? Because there is no middle ground with him, either love him or loathe him...and also, because sex sells and Mourinho's psychology is addicted.

If this clown Guido thinks Mourinho passed it then he does not know what the f he is talking about. The man is a master manager and that is the reason he IS still demanding the same wage that Pep and few other top manager command. Do you know why all the papers just concentrate on Mourinho? Because there is no middle ground with him, either love him or loathe him...and also, because sex sells and Mourinho's psychology is addicted.
PL, EL and CC trophies in the last 5 years (only worked for 3.5 of those years)

Past it indeed. Guido is not a fool, which can only means his agenda and loyalty to Poch knows no bounds. Saying Poch is a better manager than Jose is beyond comprehension

:pochfacepalm:

The idea of football is to win stuff.

You’d do good to remember the point of the game.
“If you don’t win anything, you have had a bad season.”

Guess who said that? Maybe you need to take a deep breath, calm down and realise that you are putting Pochettino above everything this club stands for.

Top Trumps football? Yes.....yes please.
I want “Spurs to be the best in the land not the second best”.

Do you know who said that?
Maybe you prefer to hear stuff like “winning cups are for egos”
You and I clearly follow football in such a different way. Fair enough. But it does go a very long way in explaining why you absolutely hate it and as a consequence moan about it continuously and have done so for such a long time. Whereas I absolutely love it and take a huge amount of pleasure in many aspects of the wider sport and the Club that we both follow.

If this clown Guido thinks Mourinho passed it then he does not know what the f he is talking about. The man is a master manager and that is the reason he IS still demanding the same wage that Pep and few other top manager command.

Not a single person here would have dreamed of claiming Mourinho was a success at United until the moment he was announced as Spurs manager, it's so ridiculous.

Twice in his last four seasons Mourinho has been sacked in order to stave off exactly the sort of death spiral Poch found himself in.

Read my words again you twat. "I think he's a very, very good manager". I think he used to be the best manager in the World".

He is clearly not on the level as those mangers that are thought of as currently the best in the world, who are Guardiola and Klopp (to name the two with the highest-profile). The reason for this is abundantly clear, he hasn't remotely got close to competing with either of them despite spending nearly half a billion quid trying to do so! He eventually got sacked whilst the other two picked up the two biggest Titles on offer. To be considered the in the top tier of football management you first have to be competing at the top! It's kind of how this fucking stuff works, or so the "Top Trump" followers of football keep telling me.

Here is some news that might blow your brains out but Fergie isn't currently an elite football manager, the reason for this is abundantly clear, he isn't fucking managing a football club! But you know what, at some point in his career he was the best Manager in the World. He's therefore past it.

For Mourinho to show that he's still able to be considered an elite football manger then he has to have Spurs competing at the top of the league and in the CL. I hope he does with every fibre of my being but his last few years as a manager has seen him fall massively short of other managers despite having the very best conditions and the very best backing a manager could have possibly got. It's, therefore, a fair shout to say that he's past it.

Now, he might well be as motivated as fuck to get himself back into this elite bracket and he might well do that at Spurs given that he now has the conditions he has publicly claimed he's now got at Spurs (best training ground in the world, best stadium in the World and a squad of players that he absolutely loves). Over to you Jose.

You and I clearly follow football in such a different way. Fair enough. But it does go a very long way in explaining why you absolutely hate it and as a consequence moan about it continuously and have done so for such a long time. Whereas I absolutely love it and take a huge amount of pleasure in many aspects of the wider sport and the Club that we both follow.
:mourglasses:

This is merely an admittance of you being more than happy with the mediocre, which is fine, that's your choice.

However the club is trying to shed that mentality by bringing in a proven winner so that this club not only values winning from this point forward but it also expects it.

That's what seperates the pretenders from the contenders and regardless of what your thoughts are on competitive sports any player or professional will tell you that it's about winning trophies.

Just look at what Harry Kane is saying if you want an example.

This is merely an admittance of you being more than happy with the mediocre, which is fine, that's your choice.

However the club is trying to shed that mentality by bringing in a proven winner so that this club not only values winning from this point forward but it also expects it.

That's what seperates the pretenders from the contenders and regardless of what your thoughts are on competitive sports any player or professional will tell you that it's about winning trophies.

Just look at what Harry Kane is saying if you want an example.
Finishing 3rd, 2nd, 3rd getting to two FA Cup Semi-Finals, a League Cup final and League Cup semi-final and the Final of the Champions League is not mediocre mate. Fucking hell!!!

Finishing 3rd, 2nd, 3rd getting to two FA Cup Semi-Finals, a League Cup final and League Cup semi-final and the Final of the Champions League is not mediocre mate. Fucking hell!!!

No, what's mediocre is thinking that we should just be grateful we got to witness those things and not strive for more or expect more.

At the end of the day, none of those things you have listed are us winning anything, it depends on what you value from a competitive sport mate, personally I think along the same lines as our captain, I want us to win trophies because that's what competitive sports are all about.

No, what's mediocre is thinking that we should just be grateful we got to witness those things and not strive for more or expect more.

At the end of the day, none of those things you have listed are us winning anything, it depends on what you value from a competitive sport mate, personally I think along the same lines as our captain, I want us to win trophies because that's what competitive sports are all about.
Why the fuck do you think I don't want us to win something?

The fact Kane hasn't won anything does that not make him a loser? But just because he says he wants to win something that makes him a winner?

I think I am getting how this works, you're a loser if you don't win anything. But if you say you want to win something, but have never won anything that makes you a winner.

:adethumbup:

Why the fuck do you think I don't want us to win something?

The fact Kane hasn't won anything does that not make him a loser? But just because he says he wants to win something that makes him a winner?

I think I am getting how this works, you're a loser if you don't win anything. But if you say you want to win something, but have never won anything that makes you a winner.

:adethumbup:

Why do I think you don't want us to win something? I mean, every single post of yours is essentially reminding others of how they view football like "top trumps" and how you take pleasure in "wider aspects of the sport" it doesn't take a 150 IQ genius to figure out that trophies and winning is very low on your list of requirements for enjoying football.

And that's fine, that's your choice, I however think it's a load of bollocks because competitive sports is about winning and any athlete in any sporting profession would tell you the exact same thing.

No, it doesn't make him a loser but he, at the very least, wants to aim for success, he wants to win trophies and is happy for things to change in order to achieve that.

I don't see him complaining about Poch leaving, as a matter of fact, I seem to remember him saying that now we have Mourinho, someone who has won trophies his entire career, we now have a chance of winning them ourselves.

When I talk about accepting mediocrity what I mean is being more upset about us firing a manager who was failing and has won nothing throughout his entire career than being happy about the possibility that we have hired someone who is going to potentially win us trophies based on the success he has had at multiple clubs.

Let's just cut the bullshit mate, you're digging a hole so deep here that it's making you look foolish and I happen to think you're quite intelligent so it's not a good look on you.

We both know this all boils down to you being upset about Pochettino being sacked and your rigid adherence to how you think we should be playing football, even if it means we lose.

If you take a step back and look at things objectively you will realise that our club is trying to improve upon what we already had, yes, it might fail but the reality is, even if it does, at least we can say the club isn't willing to accept mediocrity and stagnation and that they will continue to keep trying to push forward to achieve success in the form of trophies.

Why do I think you don't want us to win something? I mean, every single post of yours is essentially reminding others of how they view football like "top trumps" and how you take pleasure in "wider aspects of the sport" it doesn't take a 150 IQ genius to figure out that trophies and winning is very low on your list of requirements for enjoying football.

And that's fine, that's your choice, I however think it's a load of bollocks because competitive sports is about winning and any athlete in any sporting profession would tell you the exact same thing.

No, it doesn't make him a loser but he, at the very least, wants to aim for success, he wants to win trophies and is happy for things to change in order to achieve that.

I don't see him complaining about Poch leaving, as a matter of fact, I seem to remember him saying that now we have Mourinho, someone who has won trophies his entire career, we now have a chance of winning them ourselves.

When I talk about accepting mediocrity what I mean is being more upset about us firing a manager who was failing and has won nothing throughout his entire career than being happy about the possibility that we have hired someone who is going to potentially win us trophies based on the success he has had at multiple clubs.

Let's just cut the bullshit mate, you're digging a hole so deep here that it's making you look foolish and I happen to think you're quite intelligent so it's not a good look on you.

We both know this all boils down to you being upset about Pochettino being sacked and your rigid adherence to how you think we should be playing football, even if it means we lose.

If you take a step back and look at things objectively you will realise that our club is trying to improve upon what we already had, yes, it might fail but the reality is, even if it does, at least we can say the club isn't willing to accept mediocrity and stagnation and that they will continue to keep trying to push forward to achieve success in the form of trophies.
AGAIN, making up shit. You keep saying I'm upset about Poch being sacked. Go through my posts on here and find ONE where I have said that, JUST ONE!!

Every post of mine doesn't do as you say, I'd love for us to win trophies, I've enjoyed us winning trophies. I just do not demand them, or even expect them. I know they will come, or we will have a better chance of winning them if we are competing at the top end of the PL and consequently in the CL. Competing at the top end of the PL has been utterly fantastic, something I've NEVER done as a fan in my lifetime! I have loved the past few years, you and a few others it appears haven't. I feel so sorry for you that you are so upset, so angry. But what can I do?

In this thread I'm not even talking about Poch, you are!!! You haven't stopped talking about him. It might surprise you to know that not being overly positive about Jose's long term impact at Spurs doesn't mean I'm talking about anyone else but Jose. (What does piss me off is people knocking what Poch did for this club, but genuinely bored already of even engaging when I see it).

I've clearly and concisely laid out my thoughts on Jose. I've listed the positives and the negatives of what I feel about his appointment and how I see it in relation to Spurs. It seems to have utterly enraged you and you've come out swinging because I have concerns over his long term for this club. So what? deal with it. Again, it's not based on some fictitious happenings, my concerns are based on what he has recently done, quite fucking normal IMO.

Your winning mentality stick is wearing really thin. We've had this out before. You define yourself as a winner but you've won fuck all. You define yourself as a winner because you demand us to win something and you've taken it upon yourself to then go on the attack on anyone that doesn't share what you think is a winner. Why can't you just leave it alone? You watch football they way you want to and leave it at that, instead of trying to impose and ram your way down everyone else throats.

I'll leave you with a living example of what you sound like................

AGAIN, making up shit. You keep saying I'm upset about Poch being sacked. Go through my posts on here and find ONE where I have said that, JUST ONE!!

Every post of mine doesn't do as you say, I'd love for us to win trophies, I've enjoyed us winning trophies. I just do not demand them, or even expect them. I know they will come, or we will have a better chance of winning them if we are competing at the top end of the PL and consequently in the CL. Competing at the top end of the PL has been utterly fantastic, something I've NEVER done as a fan in my lifetime! I have loved the past few years, you and a few others it appears haven't. I feel so sorry for you that you are so upset, so angry. But what can I do?

In this thread I'm not even talking about Poch, you are!!! You haven't stopped talking about him. It might surprise you to know that not being overly positive about Jose's long term impact at Spurs doesn't mean I'm talking about anyone else but Jose. (What does piss me off is people knocking what Poch did for this club, but genuinely bored already of even engaging when I see it).

I've clearly and concisely laid out my thoughts on Jose. I've listed the positives and the negatives of what I feel about his appointment and how I see it in relation to Spurs. It seems to have utterly enraged you and you've come out swinging because I have concerns over his long term for this club. So what? deal with it. Again, it's not based on some fictitious happenings, my concerns are based on what he has recently done, quite fucking normal IMO.

Your winning mentality stick is wearing really thin. We've had this out before. You define yourself as a winner but you've won fuck all. You define yourself as a winner because you demand us to win something and you've taken it upon yourself to then go on the attack on anyone that doesn't share what you think is a winner. Why can't you just leave it alone? You watch football they way you want to and leave it at that, instead of trying to impose and ram your way down everyone else throats.

I'll leave you with a living example of what you sound like................

Because you clearly are, doesn't matter if you say it or not mate, that's what's fueling your displeasure here, it's like you're in the morning phase lol.

Ok, you don't demand them or expect them (trophies) I do and apparently so do the players and the board now, what's the bother?

We get it mate, we've never had it so good, be grateful for what we have seen etc

Some of us want more than being bridesmaids forever, some of us want to keep improving, which since appointing the new manager, we are.

Like I said in my last post, it's your choice what you take from football, you can keep saying I am angry whilst you furiously bash your keyboard into a frenzy and type in caps all you want but the thing is, I am not angry, far from it, I just think you're blinded, once again, by your own bias (becoming a very common trend.)

I haven't knocked what Poch has done for the club so you can wind that in first of all, secondly I am not enraged by anything lol! You just don't like me challenging your nonsense "facts" which are exactly that, nonsense.

You have professionals coming out saying about how we can win trophies under Jose now, you have the wider football world in fear of the appointment and even looking at his time at United and realising, in comparison to now, how good of a job he was actually doing and for the first time in a very long time the majority of the spurs fanbase is pulling in the same direction.

You're very much in the minority on this and I am not saying you are wrong, you very well might be right, it might end in complete failure but that doesn't stop your "facts" from being utter nonsense, as for the suggestion that Poch is a better manager than Mourinho, that's utterly laughable mate, sorry.

Look, let me make this very clear before you keep ranting on about the winning mentality thing, I don't know how it's difficult for you to understand this.

First of all, I never defined myself as a winner, you only think I have because I said that I don't like loser mentalities, well let me clarify that for you.

When I talk about having a winning mentality in sports, very important here, sports, I mean a mentality of never giving up or settling for second best, because that's what competitive sports is all about, now I have said numerous times that I am talking about sports and not life in general.

You asked me in my last post "what makes you think I don't want us to win trophies" and then in this post you literally say:

"you demand us to win something and you've taken it upon yourself to then go on the attack on anyone that doesn't share what you think is a winner. Why can't you just leave it alone? You watch football they way you want to and leave it at that, instead of trying to impose and ram your way down everyone else throats."

Well, what's the other way? Not winning? Also, I am not ramming anything down anybodies throat, all I have said is that I am glad the club has shown ambition and that we have appointed someone who is a proven winner and that we haven't decided to settle for mediocrity, which you have seemingly took offense to.

I said in my last post it's your choice what you watch football for, I have no problem with that at all, I am simply saying that it's a mediocre way of thinking to be content with not winning trophies in sport because that's what sport is about.

That's my opinion, I and many other fans want us to win trophies, so do our players, our manager and apparently our owners because they would have hired an Eddie Howe if they didn't care about trophies.

Also, Piers Morgan wasn't wrong about Emery, he is a winner based on his entire career (however, not on the same level as Jose, not even close) what he was wrong about was him doing it for Woolwich.

I and many others could be wrong about Jose as well, nobody has even denied that so I don't understand your argument here? Are people supposed to assume the worst about the appointment and be pessimistic?

Last edited:
Because you clearly are, doesn't matter if you say it or not mate, that's what's fueling your displeasure here, it's like you're in the morning phase lol.

Ok, you don't demand them or expect them (trophies) I do and apparently so do the players and the board now, what's the bother?

We get it mate, we've never had it so good, be grateful for what we have seen etc

Some of us want more than being bridesmaids forever, some of us want to keep improving, which since appointing the new manager, we are.

Like I said in my last post, it's your choice what you take from football, you can keep saying I am angry whilst you furiously bash your keyboard into a frenzy and type in caps all you want but the thing is, I am not angry, far from it, I just think you're blinded, once again, by your own bias (becoming a very common trend.)

I haven't knocked what Poch has done for the club so you can wind that in first of all, secondly I am not enraged by anything lol! You just don't like me challenging your nonsense "facts" which are exactly that, nonsense.

You have professionals coming out saying about how we can win trophies under Jose now, you have the wider football world in fear of the appointment and even looking at his time at United and realising, in comparison to now, how good of a job he was actually doing and for the first time in a very long time the majority of the spurs fanbase is pulling in the same direction.

You're very much in the minority on this and I am not saying you are wrong, you very well might be right, it might end in complete failure but that doesn't stop your "facts" from being utter nonsense, as for the suggestion that Poch is a better manager than Mourinho, that's utterly laughable mate, sorry.

Look, let me make this very clear before you keep ranting on about the winning mentality thing, I don't know how it's difficult for you to understand this.

First of all, I never defined myself as a winner, you only think I have because I said that I don't like loser mentalities, well let me clarify that for you.

When I talk about having a winning mentality in sports, very important here, sports, I mean a mentality of never giving up or settling for second best, because that's what competitive sports is all about, now I have said numerous times that I am talking about sports and not life in general.

You asked me in my last post "what makes you think I don't want us to win trophies" and then in this post you literally say:

"you demand us to win something and you've taken it upon yourself to then go on the attack on anyone that doesn't share what you think is a winner. Why can't you just leave it alone? You watch football they way you want to and leave it at that, instead of trying to impose and ram your way down everyone else throats."

Well, what's the other way? Not winning? Also, I am not ramming anything down anybodies throat, all I have said is that I am glad the club has shown ambition and that we have appointed someone who is a proven winner and that we haven't decided to settle for mediocrity, which you have seemingly took offense to.

I said in my last post it's your choice what you watch football for, I have no problem with that at all, I am simply saying that it's a mediocre way of thinking to be content with not winning trophies in sport because that's what sport is about.

That's my opinion, I and many other fans want us to win trophies, so do our players, our manager and apparently our owners because they would have hired an Eddie Howe if they didn't care about trophies.

Also, Piers Morgan wasn't wrong about Emery, he is a winner based on his entire career (however, not on the same level as Jose, not even close) what he was wrong about was him doing it for Woolwich.

I and many others could be wrong about Jose as well, nobody has even denied that so I don't understand your argument here? Are people supposed to assume the worst about the appointment and be pessimistic?
I don't mention Poch, I haven't mentioned Poch only if some twat pops up with some utter drivel like calling him shit.

All I've done is talk about Jose and what I think he will bring and/or not. That's it. At no point am I in mourning over Poch leaving, so please stop inventing that I am, as I said go and find a post that actually backs this sentiment up.

The positives that I have for Jose's appointment feed into the very opposite of your assumption of me, I think he is a great appointment for Spurs for this season, in fact, I can't think of a better manager for this season. How does that feed into your narrative of me in mourning over Poch leaving?

So, just let me and others watch football our way without being attacked and told what cunts we are for doing so. THIS is what I took offence to, being told I should be more like you. No thanks. You've called out other Spurs fans on here repeatedly and then proceeded to dish out your preaching about being a winner and what winners are, whilst getting into a contradiction on who and what actually constitutes who and what is a winner. Whilst I do not give a fuck about your definitions, I do take immense joy in picking you up on your hypocrisy surrounding it.

If it's really my choice on how I watch football then why don't you let me do just that? Stop trying to tell me that I'm everything that's wrong with our support, stop trying to enforce your superior way of support on me. Denying that you haven't done this when your speech on calling Spurs fans out is just a few pages back would be ridiculous.

More than happy to debate different of football opinions, it's the very essence of this site, but don't think that making shit up about a poster or telling a supporter that the way they support the club is what's wrong with the club is going to be met with anything else than contempt.

I don't mention Poch, I haven't mentioned Poch only if some twat pops up with some utter drivel like calling him shit.

All I've done is talk about Jose and what I think he will bring and/or not. That's it. At no point am I in mourning over Poch leaving, so please stop inventing that I am, as I said go and find a post that actually backs this sentiment up.

The positives that I have for Jose's appointment feed into the very opposite of your assumption of me, I think he is a great appointment for Spurs for this season, in fact, I can't think of a better manager for this season. How does that feed into your narrative of me in mourning over Poch leaving?

So, just let me and others watch football our way without being attacked and told what cunts we are for doing so. THIS is what I took offence to, being told I should be more like you. No thanks. You've called out other Spurs fans on here repeatedly and then proceeded to dish out your preaching about being a winner and what winners are, whilst getting into a contradiction on who and what actually constitutes who and what is a winner. Whilst I do not give a fuck about your definitions, I do take immense joy in picking you up on your hypocrisy surrounding it.

If it's really my choice on how I watch football then why don't you let me do just that? Stop trying to tell me that I'm everything that's wrong with our support, stop trying to enforce your superior way of support on me. Denying that you haven't done this when your speech on calling Spurs fans out is just a few pages back would be ridiculous.

More than happy to debate different of football opinions, it's the very essence of this site, but don't think that making shit up about a poster or telling a supporter that the way they support the club is what's wrong with the club is going to be met with anything else than contempt.

You twist things so much I am surprised you're not in a knot!

So after proclaiming that Poch is a better manager than Jose and saying that you think Jose is past it on numerous occassions, you're now saying that he is a great appointment for this season? What? That makes absolutley no sense whatsoever.

I never once said you should be more like me, also, stop twisting things to suit your narrative yet again, my posts are there for all to see, go right ahead and show me where I said you should be more like me, I will wait.

Nobody has attacked you either, you are free to enjoy football however you wish, I just find it ironic that a certain section of posters who lambasted others for justified criticism over Pochettino this season and were called "negative" and "melts" are now essentially predicting doom and gloom and failure for our new manager, not very positive is it? :mourloopy:

My definition of a winner has never changed, again, that's in your head, I have always said that a winning mentality is one of never being satisfied with settling for second best in competitive sports and always aiming for trophies, a winner is a person who accomplishes those goals, it's not rocket science.

A losing mentality is one of someone who is happy finishing 4th because it's "better than ever before in my lifetime" and is happy to settle for that in the foreseeable future as long as they are "entertained" and like I have said, I am glad our players, manager and owners don't think like that or we would forever be the bridesmaids.

All I have said is that for too long a section of our supporters have been happy with being bridesmaids because it's better than the shit we were served up 10 years ago and I think that mentality needs to change and that the club bringing in Jose is a signal that they are trying to change that mentality.

I think as supporters of a football club who wants their team to win it makes sense to demand and expect success because the relaxed attitude of not being bothered about winning trophies because we are getting top four every season is a loser mentality in relation to competitive sports.

However if people wish to continue applauding failure dressed up in a shiny suit then by all means they can, like someone said, trophies are just for egos aren't they?

Let's just draw a line under this here then, we fundamentally disagree on what's important in competitive sports and that's fine, we are both free to support our club in the way we feel is most productive to success, neither of us are right or wrong, it's just opinions, is that fair?

Also, on your last paragraph, it's funny you think that because for the last 6 months on here all we have had is people calling anybody with criticism for Pochettino or the Owners "melts" and "negative" or worst case scenario, "Woolwich supporters" simply because we made it to a CL final and that's all that mattered to them and was enough to defend poor performances.

And now the same posters who are happy we made a change and are being positive because we are showing signs of improvement are being accused of being disrespectful to Pochettino, that Jose will be a failure, we should have never sacked Poch etc.

It's almost like, I dunno, people are having a meltdown for no reason while the rest of us are enjoying our improvement :mourlmao:.

Also let's just leave it here, we clearly disagree, I don't have an issue with you mate, I know you love spurs, we just view things differently, let's focus on the results now and if we fail and do shit I promise you I will personally admit that you were right about Jose, just like I have admitted I was wrong about our owners ambitions.

Last edited:
You twist things so much I am surprised you're not in a knot!

So after proclaiming that Poch is a better manager than Jose and saying that you think Jose is past it on numerous occassions, you're now saying that he is a great appointment for this season? What? That makes absolutley no sense whatsoever.

I never once said you should be more like me, also, stop twisting things to suit your narrative yet again, my posts are there for all to see, go right ahead and show me where I said you should be more like me, I will wait.

Nobody has attacked you either, you are free to enjoy football however you wish, I just find it ironic that a certain section of posters who lambasted others for justified criticism over Pochettino this season and were called "negative" and "melts" are now essentially predicting doom and gloom and failure for our new manager, not very positive is it?

My definition of a winner has never changed, again, that's in your head, I have always said that a winning mentality is one of never being satisfied with settling for second best in competitive sports and always aiming for trophies, a winner is a person who accomplishes those goals, it's not rocket science.

A losing mentality is one of someone who is happy finishing 4th because it's "better than ever before in my lifetime" and is happy to settle for that in the foreseeable future as long as they are "entertained" and like I have said, I am glad our players, manager and owners don't think like that or we would forever be the bridesmaids.

All I have said is that for too long a section of our supporters have been happy with being bridesmaids because it's better than the shit we were served up 10 years ago and I think that mentality needs to change and that the club bringing in Jose is a signal that they are trying to change that mentality.

I think as supporters of a football club who wants their team to win it makes sense to demand and expect success because the relaxed attitude of not being bothered about winning trophies because we are getting top four every season is a loser mentality in relation to competitive sports.

However if people wish to continue applauding failure dressed up in a shiny suit then by all means they can, like someone said, trophies are just for egos aren't they?

Let's just draw a line under this here then, we fundamentally disagree on what's important in competitive sports and that's fine, we are both free to support our club in the way we feel is most productive to success, neither of us are right or wrong, it's just opinions, is that fair?

That's funny you think that because for the last 6 months on here all we have had is people calling anybody with criticism for Pochettino or the Owners "melts" and "negative" or worst case scenario, "Woolwich supporters" simply because we made it to a CL final and that's all that mattered to them, what do you call that?
“Let’s just draw a line under this” then goes on to write a fucking book. Lol

My position has been posted, clear as fucking day from the moment we sacked Poch and appointed José. It’s all there in my posts.

What is infuriating is you telling me that I’m mourning Poch’s departure. I challenged you to post just one post that backs up this claim and you haven’t.

What’s infuriating is have you tell me that I’m confused and contradictory on José. I couldn’t be any clearer:
1. Short term (this season) I think he’s an excellent appointment.
2. I think he’s a very, very good manager
3. I think he’s past it. The fact he couldn’t compete with Klopp or Pep even after spending nearly £500m supports this theory, as does getting sacked and being out of work for nearly a year.
4. Past it means I don’t think he’s at the level of Klopp or Pep.
5. I think Poch did a better job at Spurs than he did at Utd. And at Chelsea’s in his last stint. The context being no money, playing away from home and elevating a sub top 4 team and establishing them as a regular top 4 team and title challengers to CL finalists.
6. He hasn’t challenged for a title or CL recently, so I think he’s past it.
7. He has to have Spurs challenging for another title and another CL for him to be considered CURRENTLY in the elite category just as Conte, Pep, Klopp and Poch have all done recently, which is why I see all of these Managers as better than him right now. I hope with every fiber of my being that he can.
8. The above doesn’t take away his record as a manager, it’s one of the best records in the history of the game but it’s history, winning the CL 15yrs ago doesn’t mean he’s capable of doing it again today, for that reason LVG is past it, Benetez is past it.

Nothing I’ve written there is earth shattering Or highly contentious. It’s not that hard to get your head around surely???. If you disagreewith this opinion, that’s fine. But it doesn’t mean I’m in fucking mourning over Poch leaving. It doesn’t mean I think Jose is shit and can’t do it again at Spurs. It doesn’t mean I’m a looser or crave mediocrity. It doesn’t mean I don’t want us to win anything. It doesn’t mean I don’t think we will win anything under Jose (I’ve even posted earlier that I would back Jose over most managers on the planet to win a trophy once through to a semi-final).
You are the one that’s twisting shit and making wild speculation about what I think, whilst not reading a single thing I’ve actually stated.

I hope this clarifies things for you now please fuck off.

“Let’s just draw a line under this” then goes on to write a fucking book. Lol

My position has been posted, clear as fucking day from the moment we sacked Poch and appointed José. It’s all there in my posts.

What is infuriating is you telling me that I’m mourning Poch’s departure. I challenged you to post just one post that backs up this claim and you haven’t.

What’s infuriating is have you tell me that I’m confused and contradictory on José. I couldn’t be any clearer:
2. I think he’s a very, very good manager

3. I think he’s past it. The fact he couldn’t compete with Klopp or Pep even after spending nearly £500m supports this theory, as does getting sacked and being out of work for nearly a year.

4. Past it means I don’t think he’s at the level of Klopp or Pep.

5. I think Poch did a better job at Spurs than he did at Utd. And at Chelsea’s in his last stint. The context being no money, playing away from home and elevating a sub top 4 team and establishing them as a regular top 4 team and title challengers to CL finalists.

6. He hasn’t challenged for a title or CL recently, so I think he’s past it.

7. He has to have Spurs challenging for another title and another CL for him to be considered CURRENTLY in the elite category just as Conte, Pep, Klopp and Poch have all done recently, which is why I see all of these Managers as better than him right now. I hope with every fiber of my being that he can.

8. The above doesn’t take away his record as a manager, it’s one of the best records in the history of the game but it’s history, winning the CL 15yrs ago doesn’t mean he’s capable of doing it again today, for that reason LVG is past it, Benetez is past it.

Nothing I’ve written there is earth shattering Or highly contentious. It’s not that hard to get your head around surely???. If you disagreewith this opinion, that’s fine. But it doesn’t mean I’m in fucking mourning over Poch leaving. It doesn’t mean I think Jose is shit and can’t do it again at Spurs. It doesn’t mean I’m a looser or crave mediocrity. It doesn’t mean I don’t want us to win anything. It doesn’t mean I don’t think we will win anything under Jose (I’ve even posted earlier that I would back Jose over most managers on the planet to win a trophy once through to a semi-final).
You are the one that’s twisting shit and making wild speculation about what I think, whilst not reading a single thing I’ve actually stated.

I hope this clarifies things for you now please fuck off.

Ok, well let me ask you a question, if given the opportunity right now, would you have Pochettino back at the club over Jose, Yes or No?

Your posts are locked down so how can I show you anything?

All I have seen you say is that Jose is past it and that Poch is a better manager, so let me keep this short and sweet, all of the bolded, I agree with, all of the unbolded, I disagree with.

Let me ask you another question, what's more important to you, winning trophies or playing entertaining football even if it means we remain bridesmaids?

Back
Top Bottom