Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can empathise with that, I wouldn’t want to move to Russia either, cold winters and lingering race issues and all.
Are there actually issues for black footballers in Russia though? They have a ton of black Brazilians and Africans but never heard of any negative incidents, at least on the pitch. Feel like Italy and Turkey are the worst offenders.

Are there actually issues for black footballers in Russia though? They have a ton of black Brazilians and Africans but never heard of any negative incidents, at least on the pitch. Feel like Italy and Turkey are the worst offenders.
There definitely still are issues, both from opposing fans and the teams own. Maybe not as prevalent as it once was, but I remember Malcom suffering from racial abuse when he moved to Russia from Barcelona.

Think Doherty and Aurier should play every other match until it becomes clear who is best. Not a lot of difference at present. Aurier since the restart in June has been much better than previously.

Really good tonight to be honest.

Especially his delivery - if bringing Doherty in means we get to see two full backs compete at their best to be in the team and perform at a higher level to keep their place then I am all for it.

Albeit against utter crap opposition, but have to say my least favourite player played well tonight. Some decent crosses too. The one for Kane on his left foot was a beauty which should've been converted.

Back
Top Bottom