Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't have any issue with him staying. 2 good players for every position is what we should aim for.

Sell him and we're back to 1 first choice at RB and LB which is mickey mouse stuff for a supposedly top club who aspire to win things.

If he is staying to be the 2nd choice player against Plovdiv and Leyton Orient (which makes sense as that is his level) then fine, but I really don't trust him to stay focused in those games when it was too much work for him to stay focused in PL and CL games.

I think he will be even worse playing in games he thinks he is too good for.

Madness to keep him. He has 2 years left on his contract, value is going to drop even further and who knows how he will react to being back up. Sell for what we can get and bring in Aarons. Similar fees and we get a homegrown player with promise.

That involves planning, foresight and actually trying to make your team better going forward.

Keeping Aurier is easy because the transfer market is hard and other teams don't just bend over for your ridiculous over valuation of your players.

Madness to keep him. He has 2 years left on his contract, value is going to drop even further and who knows how he will react to being back up. Sell for what we can get and bring in Aarons. Similar fees and we get a homegrown player with promise.

You wish!!!

Besides, we literally brought in a 20 y/o RB today. Why blow 20/30m-ish on Aarons (Sess MK II)?

20/21 - Doherty (+Serge) > KWP sold 13m / MD 16m
21/22 - Doherty (+Fergusson) > Serge sold 10m / KF free

= 7m profit. Good business.

You wish!!!

Besides, we literally brought in a 20 y/o RB today. Why blow 20/30m-ish on Aarons (Sess MK II)?

20/21 - Doherty (+Serge) > KWP sold 13m / MD 16m
21/22 - Doherty (+Fergusson) > Serge sold 10m / KF free

= 7m profit. Good business.

20-30m for Aarons???

That seems way to high especially after what Lewis went for. I'm not sure how Aarons would be twice as much.

Also, Ferguson seems to have little chance to play for us and certainly not by next year, worth a shot to sign but I would hope he is not seen as anything more than a lottery ticket you hope works out.

Back
Top Bottom