Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone see the article about what Jose said about and to Dele (lazy in training)
Yep and it has made me resonate with Jose even more. He is only saying what the fans have been saying for some time now.
Hadn’t seen that, absolute scenes..not surprised though considering his performances over the last three years.

Puts to bed the myth about Dele being one of the hardest working players who should always start then.

If Dele really was as lazy in training as Mourinho had heard, that illustrates perfectly where things went wrong with Poch. The discipline and loyalty that used to be insisted on were allowed to lapse with Rose running his mouth, Eriksen talking to other clubs and Dele getting lazy. No surprise that things went wrong on the pitch.

If Dele really was as lazy in training as Mourinho had heard, that illustrates perfectly where things went wrong with Poch. The discipline and loyalty that used to be insisted on were allowed to lapse with Rose running his mouth, Eriksen talking to other clubs and Dele getting lazy. No surprise that things went wrong on the pitch.
He lost the dressing room and that was evident.
It started with Walker, who realised that not being able to apply tactics to outwit Wes Morgan and Marc Albrighton wasn’t going to see him win much.
Rose got very very jealous indeed, Eriksen saw that he didn’t need to try because Dele was given a pass, and the squad gave up on his injury filled training regime and diamond.

But apparently if we spent 85M on Zaha in 2018 none of that would have happened.

It started with Walker, who realised that not being able to apply tactics to outwit Wes Morgan and Marc Albrighton wasn’t going to see him win much.
Rose got very very jealous indeed, Eriksen saw that he didn’t need to try because Dele was given a pass, and the squad gave up on his injury filled training regime and diamond.

But apparently if we spent 85M on Zaha in 2018 none of that would have happened.

I think the attitude of Dele in training and Mourinho’s reaction to it when it is shown on the All or Nothing programme will be quite a revealing indicator of how things had deteriorated behind the scenes. Poch was said to no longer be on the training pitch to oversee training, that’s when it went to shit under Redknapp too, when he decided watching horse racing on tv was preferable to being out there on the training pitch despite being paid to do so. I’m not saying Poch was that way inclined but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say standards slipped under him compared to where it was when he joined.

in your mind, this all makes sense - right?

Can't see it if we're signing Doherty.

We look to be playing a more forward thinking full back on one side and a more defence minded one on the other side.

Unless we are going to go a back three (and look to have Sessegnon/Reguillon as left wing backs) with Davies moving to a more central role.

I think the attitude of Dele in training and Mourinho’s reaction to it when it is shown on the All or Nothing programme will be quite a revealing indicator of how things had deteriorated behind the scenes. Poch was said to no longer be on the training pitch to oversee training, that’s when it went to shit under Redknapp too, when he decided watching horse racing on tv was preferable to being out there on the training pitch despite being paid to do so. I’m not saying Poch was that way inclined but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say standards slipped under him compared to where it was when he joined.

Was that something that only started last season after the CL final?

"And to have Serge back, Moussa back it´s also good. Step by step, the players are coming" - Jose in his post-match interview.

Aurier to stay and be Doherty´s backup?

Definitely an unpopular choice. But considering our depth issues, it could make sense.

He’s had little competition last 12 months. If he stays, he might raise his game and fight for his spot.
A man can live in hope.
Feel sorry for what’s happened in his personal life with his brother, but he is a bit crazy defensively for anyone’s comfort on the pitch. And his accuracy stats for crosses are woeful. Doherty looks a far superior player from what I have seen of him at Wolves. Which is admittedly not a great deal but I’d be happy enough, with Doherty in, if we sold Serge or kept him.

I would rather recoup money for Aurier, he has 2 years left and wanted to leave last season anyway, now is the time to cash in. Selling Aurier frees up a non HG spot, and gives us extra money to improve the squad. Gedson looks poor at right back, but Tanganga has looked more than capable as a back up

Not bothered either way. If he goes for a decent fee will be ok but if he stays he will not play as often and has looked better since lockdown and not made the mistakes that he did last year and in previous seasons.

Back
Top Bottom