Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quality today. This is the type of performance he has oft threatened but never achieved. If he keeps the brain farts out he can be a great right back.

We have seen in the last week what fresh faces can do to a squad. Those two windows with no signings really allowed us to get stale

Last edited:
Amazing, the turn around with Aurier. Will always be prone to a brainfart on the pitch i feel, but him and Doherty will be excellent competition for each other. Both will see plenty of game time imo.

Ejj9ZGfWkAAScQK

Jose, Daniel, butter Serge up. Get him to sign a new deal.

A motivated Aurier is great. And there will be games where we have need for both his and Doherty's strengths.

Slagged off by confirmation bias fans but loved by his teammates (in most behind the scenes stuff it's Serge that's arguably the most popular member in this squad). Scores a goal and tells his team to "keep going".

Just as we needed squad depth at striker to prevent Harry being flogged to death & eventually suffering an injury, so it's great we now have four legitimate options at FB, especially given the amount of ground they cover up & down the flank.

Aurier, Doherty and Regui will be fresher for having the potential for longer recovery times between matches, and Davies also provides an extra option at LCB.

Mourinho was smart to keep Davies involved on Sunday. Regui is clearly a better attacking option, but he won't be able to play every single match.

And the goal celebration suggested Aurier still has a good relationship with his teammates.

I believe Serge has two years left on his contract, so Levy will now have to see how much he & his agents want to sign an extention.

Played a great game against United for sure! I’m happy he’s finding a bit of form and more desire to stay focused in games. Competition in squad has so far been working out great!

good competition for each other , will improve both players and the team 👍
As Ally Gold pointed out, we had it sorted when Walker/Trippier and Rose/Davies were competing with each other in the full back positions. It feels like we forgot about it until this summer.

Edit: worth mentioning how insane Liverpool's injury luck at LB and RB has been for the last two years though. They don't even seem to need to rotate.

I have taken a lot of shit for off my mates for two years for saying there is a potentially brilliant player in Aurier. It just needs his form to be as high as his levels of crazy. He’s Atouba MkII for me... shit or bust.

Love seeing him do well.

Slagged off by confirmation bias fans but loved by his teammates (in most behind the scenes stuff it's Serge that's arguably the most popular member in this squad). Scores a goal and tells his team to "keep going".

I'm not sure why he said that when they hadn't even started spanking him yet. His pillow talk faux pax takes a point off what was an outstanding display. 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom