Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The competition is helping him, and not only in a motivational sense. It also allows Aurier not to play every game - which allows Jose to instruct him well about what to do in his next match. When he is fully focused, like he was against Chelsea and United, he is a real force.

I don't think Aurier's body needs to rest that much - he's one of the greatests athletes in the squad -, but his mind certainly does.

Last edited:
Great first half.

Not as good in the second half - but no one was.

Genuinely not surprised to see his thread bumped though.

Great first half.

Not as good in the second half - but no one was.

Genuinely not surprised to see his thread bumped though.

In the first half he was his same old self, West Ham just didn't have enough control of the game to punish us for the space he leaves open behind him.

It is why he looked good against the Europa teams and didn't get himself in trouble against United. If the other team has to sit back then he is able to look good because his mistakes don't get punished.

Once West Ham started to go forward and control the ball all the old warts came out and Aurier was exposed for being out of position so badly and his inability to not stick his foot in unnecessarily giving away cheap fouls.

In the first half he was his same old self, West Ham just didn't have enough control of the game to punish us for the space he leaves open behind him.

It is why he looked good against the Europa teams and didn't get himself in trouble against United. If the other team has to sit back then he is able to look good because his mistakes don't get punished.

Once West Ham started to go forward and control the ball all the old warts came out and Aurier was exposed for being out of position so badly and his inability to not stick his foot in unnecessarily giving away cheap fouls.
Aurier is inept as a footballer he is often out of position and does not sense danger

I said this about Dohertys performances against Everton and Southampton and was told I was wrong.

Aurier was better today than Doherty was in both.
And you wonder why we don't win anything when some of our fans think Aurier is good enough.
Doherty has been here 5 games.
Aurier costs us far more goals than he saves us like I said he does not sense danger

I'm basing it on performance. What the hell does the amount of games have to do with anything?
Aurier makes the same mistakes on a regular basis and does not learn he has a very poor footballing brain.
But you seem to think he is more suited to be in the side than Doherty.
The only reason he will start in big games will be because of injury or fatigue in Doherty.

Aurier makes the same mistakes on a regular basis and does not learn he has a very poor footballing brain.
But you seem to think he is more suited to be in the side than Doherty.
The only reason he will start in big games will be because of injury or fatigue in Doherty.

No, I said his performances this season have been better than Dohertys.

Regardless of whether Doherty has played 5 games or not, he's 29 soon and played in the Premier League for 2 seasons prior.

Doherty will of course be given time. As you say, he's been here for 5 games. But his performances don't get a pass because of that.

That should tell you all you need to know about Dohertys actual play then.

I mean there is no argument Doherty has clearly been better, but people are trying to create a narrative that Aurier has been good when that is just not true at all.

Some people were saying he was good in the first half ignoring what actually happened on the field.

I mean there is no argument Doherty has clearly been better, but people are trying to create a narrative that Aurier has been good when that is just not true at all.

Some people were saying he was good in the first half ignoring what actually happened on the field.

Doherty has been woeful though.

Auriers performance against Utd alone was better than anything Doherty has conjured up. I'm not sure there should be any argument.

Harry does not even make a run when Aurier is about to cross.
3 dopey FKs given away.
A couple of years ago we were 3-0 up against WHU and he got himself sent off. At least then we held on 3-2.
Summat's up with the guy.

Back
Top Bottom