Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't call anything. You peddle the same parodic platitudes as you do everywhere else. You were voted the most hated poster on the forum.

Maybe it's you that should change the way they conduct themselves on here? Ever thought about that?

Nah, course not. Because this place is all about you and no one else.
Stop deflecting - you've been called out in this thread over this by others too - insulting me won't change that fact. You dishing out life advice on forum conduct, deary me

Stop deflecting - you've been called out in this thread over this by others too - insulting me won't change that fact. You dishing our life advice on forum conduct, deary me
The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness in this post is utterly astounding. One of your best.

Walk on, you've had yourself. Again.

Instead of debating a point you've predictably resorted to pathetic insults - yet again
Hold on, you just spent a couple pages having a go at me for debating a point that wasn't about Serge Aurier. Now you're criticising me for not engaging you in something not about Aurier. Make your mind up.

Keep talking, mate. You're doing excellent.

Hold on, you just spent a couple pages having a go at me for debating a point that wasn't about Serge Aurier. Now you're criticising me for not engaging you in something not about Aurier. Make your mind up.

Keep talking, mate. You're doing excellent.
I've made my point - people who want to be offended these days will find anything to suit their agenda as this pathetic notion on Twitter has now proven for weeks on end. You've also played the victim / race card in the past so I'm not surprised one bit in you shouting down everyone in this thread daily who dares to question this silly notion. The real victim in this case is human intelligence.

I've made my point - people who want to be offended these days will find anything to suit their agenda as this pathetic notion on Twitter has now proven for weeks on end. You've also played the victim / race card in the past so I'm not surprised one bit in you shouting down everyone in this thread daily who dares to question this silly notion. The real victim in this case is human intelligence.
Haha, just deflect straight back to repeating something you've already said in your original post because you've just done yourself over. Ethered.

giphy.gif

I wonder what’s next. I can’t say that a black player is fast or good in the air because I will be belittling their achievements as a footballer. This plays right into the hands of the racists, the more you try to restrict speech the more people reject any limitations on it
This is the debate. Describing the players by a number of their attributes fully. Not being lazy and using stereotypes because the commentators can't think of anything better. If anything, it's about expanding the lexicon within football media rather than lazy stereotypes that see certain people resort to calling players like Yaya Toure simply a 'beast' rather than explaining the nuances of technique or balance or skill etc. which is so abundant when people describe players like say Cristiano Ronaldo. The game evolves, so should commentary and other media outlets when telling us about the game.

Having time to ponder on some of the responses. I don't think many of the media I'm describing, if any, are doing anything with malicious intent. But that doesn't mean it's entirely ok. Bit like the Lukaku song thing. Positive stereotyping is still stereotyping. But that doesn't mean people can't see where change could happen and things evolve.

This is the debate. Describing the players by a number of their attributes fully. Not being lazy and using stereotypes because the commentators can't think of anything better. If anything, it's about expanding the lexicon within football media rather than lazy stereotypes that see certain people resort to calling players like Yaya Toure simply a 'beast' rather than explaining the nuances of technique or balance or skill etc. which is so abundant when people describe players like say Cristiano Ronaldo. The game evolves, so should commentary and other media outlets when telling us about the game.

Having time to ponder on some of the responses. I don't think many of the media I'm describing, if any, are doing anything with malicious intent. But that doesn't mean it's entirely ok. Bit like the Lukaku song thing. Positive stereotyping is still stereotyping. But that doesn't mean people can't see where change could happen and things evolve.
I certainly agree that most commentators are inane and spout out cliches. That's why I'm quite happy watching Arabic or Russian streams, in fact I think it improves my viewing experience. Everytime I go to the gym I try to get into beast mode with the hope that someone will label me a beast, sadly not yet. Although, the common usage of beast from the past has generally been used to describe drunken lecherous white men, or, admittedly, frightening foreigners; however, words evolve.

Last edited:
Sorry to go off topic here chaps, but I wish Serge would pack up the stupid shit with his hair. Makes him look like a right bell end. Not at all Spurs like.

Back
Top Bottom