Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This shit pisses me off. You open a dialogue and people try to shut the shit down by trotting out cliches about snowflakes, SJW's and liberals. It's been noticed by a lot of people of different makeups but here you are putting them all in one corner. The conversation is to be had and your sarcastic moral equivalence just showcases why stuff like this will never end and your incapability of engaging.

If you notice any kind of pattern and call it out you're just a social justice twat nowadays. I presented evidence of it and yet you and your ilk just wash it away because you don't believe it.
Well if you think calling someone a beast is offensive and racist, there's not much we can do about that. People are finding ways to be victimised over the most trivial things, which is just stupid.

Well if you think calling someone a beast is offensive and racist, there's not much we can do about that. People are finding ways to be victimised over the most trivial things, which is just stupid.
giphy.gif

You obviously haven't read the entirety of the debate or captured the context in which it's being discussed.

giphy.gif

You obviously haven't read the entirety of the debate or captured the context in which it's being discussed.
My bad, I didn't have patience to go through the entire thing and commented based on the last few posts. Still maintain that everyone losing their marbles over trivial things is stupid. If everything is racist, NOTHING is racist!

I wonder what’s next. I can’t say that a black player is fast or good in the air because I will be belittling their achievements as a footballer. This plays right into the hands of the racists, the more you try to restrict speech the more people reject any limitations on it

To those thinking it's just white liberals ''looking to be offended''. A very brief search found these from members of the same demographic. I'm sure a deeper search would find many more. The conversation has been happening for years. Are they too ''looking to be offended''?

An explanation better than I could really put to type from a sports writer who also happens to be an ethnic minority.

Jonathan Liew on Twitter

This is the end of my contribution to this. I've said my bit, my viewpoint is relevant and not just an individual one to be dismissed like a few of you here are suggesting, incapable of opening a dialogue.

Samisspurs Samisspurs appreciate you putting your points across rather than dismissing straight out of hand like some on here.

I get the impression that this whole issue is just a case of radical people blowing things massively out of proportions and seeing issues that aren't real, like when radical feminists sees abuse of women everywhere, radical christian conservatives sees the society crumble under lack of fear of god, radical islamists sees all members of western societies as valid targets or Donald Trump sees himself as not completely and utterly incompetent in his job and not a complete fucking failure as a human being.

I've done some thinking about a proximate issue, as I've seen some players as too daft, to football-unintelligent to reach their potential, and noticed that I've mainly thought it about players not as lacking in pigmentation as myself: Welbeck, Sterling, Walcott, Townsend and Walker, for example, are players that seems to have the athletisism and technical ability to dominate, but they often tend to struggle with their decision making. Is that racist, because the majority of the players I've identified as "stupid" tend to be less pale than myself? I don't think so. I also see Alli as one of the smartest players I've seen in and around the box, with his extreme ability to be in the right spot, make the right movement and keep his head calm enough to take his chances. I see Yaya Toure as a football genius (but lazy! is that racist too? No, it's because of hus body language on the pitch). And I see Ross Barkley as one of the daft ones.

Now, what IS "racist" is my post here, as I've talked about these players as if their pigmentation separates them into groups. If anything, this discussion is racist.

We should concern ourselves more about NOT talking about people of different colors, sexual orientation, religion or sex as if they belong to groups having different, homogenic (within their group) characteristics.

Carvalho is "a beast" because he is a strong, defensive midfielder. Lukaku is "a beast" because he is bigger and stronger than most other forwards. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

Btw: I just want to add that I am, politically, a leftist liberal, pro immigration (to some extent) and strongly against racism and other forms of discrimination. But we need to stop being over sensitive, as it is counter productive.

This shit pisses me off. You open a dialogue and people try to shut the shit down by trotting out cliches about snowflakes, SJW's and liberals. It's been noticed by a lot of people of different makeups but here you are putting them all in one corner. The conversation is to be had and your sarcastic moral equivalence just showcases why stuff like this will never end and your incapability of engaging.

If you notice any kind of pattern and call it out you're just a social justice twat nowadays. I presented evidence of it and yet you and your ilk just wash it away because you don't believe it.
Just checking - is this your 4th or 5th final comment on this matter? Or is it your 6th now? Or just your daily flounce? You’ve now kept this pathetic non-discussion going for 10 pages and 4 weeks. We get it - you’re a victim and feel done-in, but ffs - please let this thread be about Aurier's football abilites and not your noble quest for social justice or whatever recognition you seek. There are other platforms for this kind of stuff - I'm sure Liew is dying to speak to you on Twitter about it

Just checking - is this your 4th or 5th final comment on this matter? Or is it your 6th now? Or just your daily flounce? You’ve now kept this pathetic non-discussion going for 10 pages and 4 weeks. We get it - you’re a victim and feel done-in, but ffs - please let this thread be about Aurier's football abilites and not your noble quest for social justice or whatever recognition you seek. There are other platforms for this kind of stuff.
If I keep coming back how can it be a flounce? Invalid.

I'll continue to discuss this as long as people respond with alternative dialogue that challenges my opinion. That's the difference between you and I. I am happy to discuss issues. You waltz around LOLing and LMFAOing, or kissing other people's arses in threads because you can never formulate a critical thought. Just resort to petty internetisms and think people care that you call them a maggot on the internet.

Now fuck off Arcspace before I pull your panties down and spank your behind like I did every time you come at me.

Your hypocrisy of being the white knight wanting this thread to only be about Aurier when you hijack every thread you're in with pettiness. As I said before, everyone sees through your bitch arse and don't you ever forget it.

Confirmation bias - if you look for a pattern you'll find it everywhere. If you only looked for white players referred to as beasts or monsters, I think you would find it more often than you might imagine.

Yep, confirmation bias. If you have been made "aware" of an issue you'll see it everywhere. To clear that shit, it may be wise looking for examples of the opposite.

Like, are there other beasts?
- Diego Costa
- Mario Mandzukic

A number of players that doesn't look Irish have also been attributed with some intellect, such as Kompany and The Beastly Lukaku (has been given much credit for his devotion to the game and to how he's studying the game and in particular other strikers).

Ronaldinho was seen as a magician. Neymar is admired for his skill more than anything.

And so on.

The Beast-issue is a made-up issue.

If people use terms like SJW, snowflake or political correctness to make an argument or to ridicule or shut someone up, they should just be ignored. The terms are quite simply fucking moronic, and cancer to any dialogue or discussion.

If I keep coming back how can it be a flounce? Invalid.

I'll continue to discuss this as long as people respond with alternative dialogue that challenges my opinion. That's the difference between you and I. I am happy to discuss issues. You waltz around LOLing and LMFAOing, or kissing other people's arses in threads because you can never formulate a critical thought. Just resort to petty internetisms and think people care that you call them a maggot on the internet.

Now fuck off Arcspace before I pull your panties down and spank your behind like I did every time you come at me.

Your hypocrisy of being the white knight wanting this thread to only be about Aurier when you hijack every thread you're in with pettiness. As I said before, everyone sees through your bitch arse and don't you ever forget it.
You're not discussing any issues other than exposing your true mental age with kindergarten insults - unless you consider pasting some clowns' Twitter mad ramblings 'critical thought'. There is no issue to discuss - just a false sense of victimisation created by people who will spend the rest of their pathetic lives feeling the world owes them something and everyone is out to get them. It's a complete and utter non-point as much as you try and spin it otherwise.

You're not discussing any issues other than exposing your true mental age with kindergarten insults - unless you consider pasting some clowns' Twitter mad ramblings 'critical thought'. There is no issue to discuss - just a false sense of victimisation created by people who will spend the rest of their pathetic lives feeling the world owes them something and everyone is out to get them. It's a complete and utter non-point as much as you try and spin it otherwise.
And just like that you prove my point. Fyi, there's a few other posters in the thread agreeing and putting their own thoughts forward.

It's a non point to you. This forum isn't about you and you don't get to dictate what can and cant be discussed.

And just like that you prove my point. Fyi, there's a few other posters in the thread agreeing and putting their own thoughts forward.

It's a non point to you. This forum isn't about you and you don't get to dictate what can and cant be discussed.
Go and discus it as much as you want with your 'mates' elsewhere - but leave this thread about the footballer Serge Aurier. We get it - you've made you point about this 'issue' - what exactly are you aiming to achieve here 4 weeks later?

Go and discus it as much as you want with your 'mates' elsewhere - but leave this thread about the footballer Serge Aurier. We get it - you've made you point about this 'issue' - what exactly are you aiming to achieve here 4 weeks later?
Look everyone. He put mates in quote marks. How very scathing.

What's it to you? I had a decent debate with a couple of posters just yesterday and it made me think. There's room for plenty of discussion of all types on this forum. Not just what you want to see Arcspace. Also LOL at you having a go at kindergarten insults when your only contribution to the discussion was calling someone a cunt which you then edited to pathetic. You're a parody mate. A pitiful parody. I'll continue discuss what I see fit where I see fit.

What's it to you? I had a decent debate with a couple of posters just yesterday and it made me think. There's room for plenty of discussion of all types on this forum. Not just what you want to see Arcspace. Also LOL at you having a go at kindergarten insults when your only contribution to the discussion was calling someone a cunt which you then edited to pathetic. You're a parody mate. A pitiful parody. I'll continue discuss what I see fit where I see fit.
And I'll continue to call up on your bullshit wherever I see fit - which is exactly what you've been pedaling in this very thread for weeks now. Keep fighting the good fight, take it all the way to Twitter - seems to be your platform, plenty of warriors out there.

I get the impression that this whole issue is just a case of radical people blowing things massively out of proportions and seeing issues that aren't real, like when radical feminists sees abuse of women everywhere, radical christian conservatives sees the society crumble under lack of fear of god, radical islamists sees all members of western societies as valid targets or Donald Trump sees himself as not completely and utterly incompetent in his job and not a complete fucking failure as a human being.

I've done some thinking about a proximate issue, as I've seen some players as too daft, to football-unintelligent to reach their potential, and noticed that I've mainly thought it about players not as lacking in pigmentation as myself: Welbeck, Sterling, Walcott, Townsend and Walker, for example, are players that seems to have the athletisism and technical ability to dominate, but they often tend to struggle with their decision making. Is that racist, because the majority of the players I've identified as "stupid" tend to be less pale than myself? I don't think so. I also see Alli as one of the smartest players I've seen in and around the box, with his extreme ability to be in the right spot, make the right movement and keep his head calm enough to take his chances. I see Yaya Toure as a football genius (but lazy! is that racist too? No, it's because of hus body language on the pitch). And I see Ross Barkley as one of the daft ones.

Now, what IS "racist" is my post here, as I've talked about these players as if their pigmentation separates them into groups. If anything, this discussion is racist.

We should concern ourselves more about NOT talking about people of different colors, sexual orientation, religion or sex as if they belong to groups having different, homogenic (within their group) characteristics.

Carvalho is "a beast" because he is a strong, defensive midfielder. Lukaku is "a beast" because he is bigger and stronger than most other forwards. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

Btw: I just want to add that I am, politically, a leftist liberal, pro immigration (to some extent) and strongly against racism and other forms of discrimination. But we need to stop being over sensitive, as it is counter productive.
Thoughtful post. A thinker.

And I'll continue to call up on your bullshit wherever I see fit - which is exactly what you've been pedaling in this very thread for weeks now. Keep fighting the good fight, take it all the way to Twitter - seems to be your platform, plenty of warriors out there.
You don't call anything. You peddle the same parodic platitudes as you do everywhere else. You were voted the most hated poster on the forum.

Maybe it's you that should change the way they conduct themselves on here? Ever thought about that?

Nah, course not. Because this place is all about you and no one else.

Back
Top Bottom