Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine not noticing that we played 3 at the back under Poch!!! I mean imagine playing Dele as a 10, something that we have NEVER seen before, wow what a manager! The revolution is here, we've never seen the like at Tottenham.

Im not sure what your point is?
Is it another attempt to try and say Jose isn’t a step up?
Pretty desperate seeing as in 180 minutes the entire dynamic of our game has changed

This is a really bloody stupid thing to say.

And also stupid thing to do.
To give away so many penalties and earn so many red cards.

At the time I made the statistic I was seriously considering Aurier as one of the worst footblallers ever play for Spurs (in my time, that is)...
Such let-downs in such short amount of time are just unspeakable - literally - if anyone has stats that would prove there has been worse fullback in whole EPL history, I would honestly be interested in it. It amazes me how some people just shrug shoulders like it would be okay.

That being said, for 100th time, it is very nice seeing him putting together stronger displays and upping his game. I hope this continues ... idknow, 10 years ? :D

Pretty desperate seeing as in 180 minutes the entire dynamic of our game has changed
What was your point then?

I have no idea if he will be a step up, my gut says he's not and that he's yesterday's man, still an excellent manager but not at the level of Klopp, Poch and Pep (who I think were the top three in the league). I WANT TO BE PROVED WRONG.

He's played exactly the same formation as Poch has done with us, we are not seeing a revolution. Remains to be seen if we are witnessing a new manager bounce (what did you call OGS's run of first10 unbeaten games or so as Utd boss?) or anything that's "next level".

I'm delighted everyone is sucking him off, it has created a far better vibe at the club, this positivity can have an effect to lift the team, I think it did on Tuesday after the Manager got his team selection spectacularly wrong and we were being thoroughly outplayed at home as a direct consequence. The crowd got behind the team and remained positive, this wouldn't have happened under Poch's this season.

The entire dynamic of our game has charged? Ah ffs come on. We’ve played two games, one against the Spammers who had a lad who looked like he won a competition in goal, and Olympiakos who couldn’t even beat red star. You may be proven right in the long term, but that’s a ludicrous statement to make right now.

What was your point then?

I have no idea if he will be a step up, my gut says he's not and that he's yesterday's man, still an excellent manager but not at the level of Klopp, Poch and Pep (who I think were the top three in the league). I WANT TO BE PROVED WRONG.

He's played exactly the same formation as Poch has done with us, we are not seeing a revolution. Remains to be seen if we are witnessing a new manager bounce (what did you call OGS's run of first10 unbeaten games or so as Utd boss?) or anything that's "next level".

I'm delighted everyone is sucking him off, it has created a far better vibe at the club, this positivity can have an effect to lift the team, I think it did on Tuesday after the Manager got his team selection spectacularly wrong and we were being thoroughly outplayed at home as a direct consequence. The crowd got behind the team and remained positive, this wouldn't have happened under Poch's this season.
You have no idea if a world class manager will be a step up?

What makes you so sure a new RB will be?

The entire dynamic of our game has charged? Ah ffs come on. We’ve played two games, one against the Spammers who had a lad who looked like he won a competition in goal, and Olympiakos who couldn’t even beat red star. You may be proven right in the long term, but that’s a ludicrous statement to make right now.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Spammers have been in relegation form for months and Olympiakos is barely League 1 level - yet we conceded twice against both and again from set pieces.

Deflection tactics when you cant think of a legitimate reply to a valid point.

You’re easier than a picture book to read Sammy. :llorishowudoin:

Im not going to argue with anyone trying to imply Jose hasnt improved us.
It was only Colchester too.

Idiots trying to rewrite history as if Poch got sacked for nothing.

We were fucking shit. Now we are winning, scoring, smiling, attacking, and moving the ball.
In two games.
Let’s talk in a few weeks when your weird bereavement has calmed down a bit.

No, I've said no such thing. As I have been consistently been saying for over two years now, he's our best RB. Better than Tripps and better than KWP (although I would like to see more of KWP).

Im not following....first up you said you "trusted" the decison to play Trippier for two years. A convenient way to not slate Poch for playing a "champo" defender and leaving two better RBs to rot on the bench, if they even made the bench.

Now you are saying that you havent claimed Aurier would improve us.

Or do you think Aurier would improve us, but you "dont know" if Jose will?
Because youve just denied that too.

Im not following....first up you said you "trusted" the decison to play Trippier for two years. A convenient way to not slate Poch for playing a "champo" defender and leaving two better RBs to rot on the bench, if they even made the bench.

Now you are saying that you havent claimed Aurier would improve us.

Or do you think Aurier would improve us, but you "dont know" if Jose will?
Because youve just denied that too.
What?!

Tripps was shit
Aurier is better

Aurier was mostly injured so Tripps got the game time. Any question marks I had wasn't whether Aurier played (BECAUSE HE WAS FUCKING INJURED) it was why wasn't KWP played over Tripps? But trusted that desition because it was so hard to get a true sense of where KWP was because we rarely saw him to make such a judgement.

Back
Top Bottom