Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was only in his last season he was really poor to be fair and he admitted that he'd spent most of it playing with an injury.
It's really frustrating to me that we kept playing him despite the injury and poor performances as we should have dropped him and focused on getting him fit.
I think he was a better fit for us and a better player than Aurier so I wasn't happy when he was sold.
The amount of work he was expected to put in under Pochettino's system was obscene and often overlooked by the people who scapegoated him like fuck IMO.

Last edited:
It was only in his last season he was really poor to be fair and he admitted that he'd spent most of it playing with an injury.
It's really frustrating to me that we kept playing him despite the injury and poor performances as we should have dropped him and focused on getting him fit.
I think he was a better fit for us and a better player than Aurier so I wasn't happy when he was sold.
Completely agree - he could hardly run, obviously wasn’t training as his touch was shit too. Fair play for playing through it but yeah, he should have been taken out of the firing linr

Completely agree - he could hardly run, obviously wasn’t training as his touch was shit too. Fair play for playing through it but yeah, he should have been taken out of the firing lin
Not the case he made up a phantom injury to explain loss of form? Don’t remember any surgery? And didn’t he hit the ground running at am?

How is it worse? We were desperate to keep Campbell but we couldn’t show Aurier the door fast enough. Campbell promised to stay, Aurier asked to leave. The cases are night and day as far as I can see.
Whilst I agree I don’t follow that it’s night and day …. Where this offers similitude to Campbell is the divesting us of any chance of obtaining a fee whilst signing for them

there isn’t the perfidy of Campbell plus he’s a bit shit and they’re welcome to him

He got a groin injury during the World Cup …. Played through it , came back to us with no time off whilst continuing to play through and as result his form suffered noticeably

Back
Top Bottom