Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never thought he'd go to Woolwich but its nice to see him put in on record. For all his cray cray I here he was never an issue in the dressing room had his fall out with Jose but then who dont. He was never a behind closed doors malcontent like some still at the club and still being a dick...
I’ve noted that he said Spurs would be his only English club .

Meanwhile a certain Golden boy was outside the Etihad shouting “I’ve got deez cheeseburgers, man!”

Never thought he'd go to Woolwich but its nice to see him put in on record. For all his cray cray I hear he was never an issue in the dressing room, had his fall out with Jose but then who dont. He was never a behind closed doors malcontent like some still at the club and still being a dick...

I'm impressed tbh.

"The Enemy"

Good lad! :auriergrin:

Never had beef with Mad-Serge...... Bit like a sequel to Disco-Benny.

Last edited:
Just checked the forums of most english clubs regarding their takeover. Liverpool, United, us and Woolwich (bit weird since that scum was the 1st franchise club) fans are totally against it, while City and Chelsea fans don't give 2 shits or are for it... I'd rather stay here where we are and win fuck all (fuck Levy for that), than be a money-laundering scheme of a murderous regime...

Just checked the forums of most english clubs regarding their takeover. Liverpool, United, us and Woolwich (bit weird since that scum was the 1st franchise club) fans are totally against it, while City and Chelsea fans don't give 2 shits or are for it...
What takeover? Doesnt sound like anything to do with Serge.

Former Tottenham Hotspur defender Serge Aurier has claimed that the dressing room was generally not a happy place during Jose Mourinho’s time in charge due to one particular factor.

The Ivory Coast international has revealed that there were issues with Mourinho’s assistant coach Joao Sacramento and his interactions with the players.

Aurier admitted that he was no impressed with the approach that Sacramento took during his role at the north London club, claiming that the Portuguese was not experienced and when he was out of the team, wanted a coach who would be supportive rather than be negative.

The Athletic claimed last week that Sacramento was generally unpopular among the playing staff at Tottenham, having failed to connect with the squad on a personal level and instead wanted to stamp his authority and mirror Mourinho’s mood.

Aurier saw his contract terminated by mutual consent with the Premier League outfit at the end of August and went on to join La Liga side, Villarreal, on a free transfer.

He told The Telegraph: “Football is different compared to 10 years ago,”

“He [Mourinho] is still a great coach, but there are things that have evolved. Sometimes players need more love and attention. I’m not speaking for José, I’m speaking for his assistant. Joao is a tough guy and he didn’t have a good relationship with the dressing room, that’s why everything deteriorated. There was a lack of good communication.

“It was one of his first experiences in a first team and he lacked calm with the players,” Aurier added.

“He needed to be more concerned about the person behind the player. Sometimes when you don’t play a lot of s— goes through your head, and you need someone to calm you down and help you, to give you good vibes, not to send you negative messages. And I think it all started there.”

Former Tottenham Hotspur defender Serge Aurier has claimed that the dressing room was generally not a happy place during Jose Mourinho’s time in charge due to one particular factor.

The Ivory Coast international has revealed that there were issues with Mourinho’s assistant coach Joao Sacramento and his interactions with the players.

Aurier admitted that he was no impressed with the approach that Sacramento took during his role at the north London club, claiming that the Portuguese was not experienced and when he was out of the team, wanted a coach who would be supportive rather than be negative.

The Athletic claimed last week that Sacramento was generally unpopular among the playing staff at Tottenham, having failed to connect with the squad on a personal level and instead wanted to stamp his authority and mirror Mourinho’s mood.

Aurier saw his contract terminated by mutual consent with the Premier League outfit at the end of August and went on to join La Liga side, Villarreal, on a free transfer.

He told The Telegraph: “Football is different compared to 10 years ago,”

“He [Mourinho] is still a great coach, but there are things that have evolved. Sometimes players need more love and attention. I’m not speaking for José, I’m speaking for his assistant. Joao is a tough guy and he didn’t have a good relationship with the dressing room, that’s why everything deteriorated. There was a lack of good communication.

“It was one of his first experiences in a first team and he lacked calm with the players,” Aurier added.

“He needed to be more concerned about the person behind the player. Sometimes when you don’t play a lot of s— goes through your head, and you need someone to calm you down and help you, to give you good vibes, not to send you negative messages. And I think it all started there.”
That's not the first time I've read about Sacramento being an arsehole.

Nottingham Forest defender Serge Aurier says he played for Tottenham three days after his brother in 2020 was murdered to help his grieving mother.

Aurier's brother Christopher was shot dead outside a nightclub in France in July 2020, hours after the Ivory Coast international, now 30, played for Spurs in a 2-1 derby win against Woolwich.
Less than 72 hours later, Aurier played in a 3-1 win at Newcastle.

"I played for my mum. She needed to know life doesn't stop," he said.

"We lost my brother, who we loved so much. But I wanted to play this game because this is my work, first of all. Afterwards, we have our life as a family."

Aurier joined Villarreal after leaving Spurs in 2021 and returned to the Premier League with Forest last September.

The ex-Paris St-Germain defender, who returns to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time with Forest on Saturday, said it was his decision to play and give his mother hope.

"This was a bad moment for me but I am strong," he added. "I just wanted to show my mum, 'Yeah, we lost my brother but you have another kid in this life, and I am going to work hard again for you and for the family'.

"It wasn't a good moment for me or for my family but when my mom saw me on the pitch, running and fighting, of course it can't change anything, but she felt, 'Yeah, I lost my kid but I have another one I can see on TV, he'll run and enjoy it'."

Nottingham Forest defender Serge Aurier says he played for Tottenham three days after his brother in 2020 was murdered to help his grieving mother.

Aurier's brother Christopher was shot dead outside a nightclub in France in July 2020, hours after the Ivory Coast international, now 30, played for Spurs in a 2-1 derby win against Woolwich.
Less than 72 hours later, Aurier played in a 3-1 win at Newcastle.

"I played for my mum. She needed to know life doesn't stop," he said.

"We lost my brother, who we loved so much. But I wanted to play this game because this is my work, first of all. Afterwards, we have our life as a family."

Aurier joined Villarreal after leaving Spurs in 2021 and returned to the Premier League with Forest last September.

The ex-Paris St-Germain defender, who returns to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time with Forest on Saturday, said it was his decision to play and give his mother hope.

"This was a bad moment for me but I am strong," he added. "I just wanted to show my mum, 'Yeah, we lost my brother but you have another kid in this life, and I am going to work hard again for you and for the family'.

"It wasn't a good moment for me or for my family but when my mom saw me on the pitch, running and fighting, of course it can't change anything, but she felt, 'Yeah, I lost my kid but I have another one I can see on TV, he'll run and enjoy it'."
I came here to post this link and ask 'why the fuck would they post this today?'.

Like, seriously? This was news 3 years ago when it first got covered, it's not news now, it's just completely unnecessarily morbid and depressing.

I came here to post this link and ask 'why the fuck would they post this today?'.

Like, seriously? This was news 3 years ago when it first got covered, it's not news now, it's just completely unnecessarily morbid and depressing.
I think he was doing a pre-match interview and one of the reporters asked him if he would celebrate if he scored against Spurs but he shook his head and said he had too much respect for spurs and then opened up about this

lOpSFgU.jpg

:adesalute:

Good one, cap.

Back
Top Bottom