Sergei Rebrov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was my 'utterly shit but can't help but love him player' I was 9 when he signed and even asked my old man for a shirt with his name on the back. Pretty sure I've still got it somewhere. Must be worth a fortune now.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the correction.

I know he was a fairly slightly built man, but I'm now at a loss to understand why he generally looked tired and unassertive playing for Spurs, and generally poor value as a striker vs the player he had been in Ukraine. Think it goes way beyond the PL being a better league. I thought I had found the answer in the stats I found -but if they are incorrect, the question is why was he so ineffective ?

Don't think it was a correction, rather the article poorly conveyed that Rebrov nd Shevchenko were rested on all/most games before CL games, giving them an athletic advantage/façade.

He was mustard with Shevchenko at Dynamo. I remember people were generally very excited by his signing, we paid decent money for him back then as well. Shame it never worked out.

I saw him play at Wembley for Ukraine and he was man of the match
Like any good player, if you play to his strengths he'll do well for you, not rocket science

His first season with us I thought he was pretty decent. Probably better than Schevchenko at the Filth. Hoddle took against him, destroyed his value so by the time we sold him it was for buttons.

Back
Top Bottom