Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's space in the squad now so unless someone offers us proper money I'd keep him around for the rest of the season, offers a more natural sub for Udogie than Davies or Emerson.

Another one of those who's reputation at Spurs has been absolutely battered by falling foul of Conte, prior to that he had been OK, never quite hit the heights of his Sevilla form for us, prone to knocks, and could be inconsistent, but decent enough at football and fairly well liked amongst fans.

Then Conte banished him to the loan realm and 90% of the comments on him are that he was always dreadful for us.

He is crap, no football brain. He did nothing at Atleti and he did nothing at United. He might end up being kept around here as a pair of legs but I’m sure we will try and get rid before the window closes. Ange sent him away for a reason, he didn’t like him.

I was genuinely excited about his signing when he first arrived. Felt like we had got a top young wing back who could give us the quality and excitement we’ve lacked since the end of the Rose/Walker era.

Oh well.

:ange-bored2:
There was genuine excitement from a lot us - Still remember cheering Reguillon’s cross for Bale’s header against Brighton - and then we were all terrified that Real Madrid would activate their buy back clause.

Funny to think about now.

Oh well indeed. I think his time has passed here - Hope the lad finds success somewhere in Europe.

Last edited:
He is crap, no football brain. He did nothing at Atleti and he did nothing at United. He might end up being kept around here as a pair of legs but I’m sure we will try and get rid before the window closes. Ange sent him away for a reason, he didn’t like him.
We had too many players to register and he was more shiftable than Lloris and Dier, I don't think it's fair to deduce that Ange disliked him from that.

But clearly not on his wanted list either.

I don't think he's any kind of world beater, and unlike GLC his skillset isn't something that's drastically lacking in our squad, but, if Udogie was out then I'd sooner see him at LB than Davies or Emerson personally, and that's without even considering that they are currently our first reserves at CB...

All I'm saying is, if there are only further loan offers, and we don't have a full squad, then I'd keep him around and see if we can rehab his reputation. He'd be more saleable in the summer if we can give off the impression that he's decent.

I thought his Utd loan was going pretty well, they seemed impressed initially? The fact that they didn't fancy keeping him on isn't a great endorsement though tbf.

Is it possible Ange wanted to see him play but didn't have space in the team at the time to allow it at Spurs?

He must have given up on Sess by now. He just must have done. Lloris has since gone, Dier hopefully going. It allows for a space and some one to rest Udogie. Or even just bring Udogie off when he's on a yellow.

He is injured, correct? Out for quite a bit, if I recall correctly.

If so, it will probably be impossible to move him this month. It’s probably why United returned him.

We had too many players to register and he was more shiftable than Lloris and Dier, I don't think it's fair to deduce that Ange disliked him from that.

But clearly not on his wanted list either.

I don't think he's any kind of world beater, and unlike GLC his skillset isn't something that's drastically lacking in our squad, but, if Udogie was out then I'd sooner see him at LB than Davies or Emerson personally, and that's without even considering that they are currently our first reserves at CB...

All I'm saying is, if there are only further loan offers, and we don't have a full squad, then I'd keep him around and see if we can rehab his reputation. He'd be more saleable in the summer if we can give off the impression that he's decent.

I thought his Utd loan was going pretty well, they seemed impressed initially? The fact that they didn't fancy keeping him on isn't a great endorsement though tbf.

Reguilon could never do what Ange wants his full backs to do, he is so careless on the ball and defensively all over the place. The thought of him coming inside as an extra midfielder and trying to play in tight spaces makes me shiver. He is physically flimsy too.

Reguilon is good at one thing and one thing only, he can run with the ball. That’s it. It means he looks exciting at first but then you see his shanked crosses, his dumb fouls, his chaotic general play and you realise that he isn’t very good. He plays like a 6 year old. A nice lad but doesnt have a football brain.

Reguilon could never do what Ange wants his full backs to do, he is so careless on the ball and defensively all over the place. The thought of him coming inside as an extra midfielder and trying to play in tight spaces makes me shiver. He is physically flimsy too.

Reguilon is good at one thing and one thing only, he can run with the ball. That’s it. It means he looks exciting at first but then you see his shanked crosses, his dumb fouls, his chaotic general play and you realise that he isn’t very good. He plays like a 6 year old. A nice lad but doesnt have a football brain.

Sounds like Forrest Gump.

Tbf, he only signed on deadline day for united as shaw and malacia both picked up long term injuries. Doesn’t make any sense for him to stay as shaw is back already and malacia is due back imminently. He actually started off well there and impressed, before losing his place to shaw once he got fit

Sad we're never going to see both spaniards bombing down the flanks, but we need to shift him on a loan with obligation. Bournemouth, dortmund, anyone.

Back
Top Bottom