Seriously. What The F*ck?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester-United-V-Manch-002.jpg

That picture sums up what skysports does to football.

This is more than upsetting. Imagine a Spurs fan holding that fuck up? Although I could imagine an Woolwich fan doing it...

The only time I've seen one of those half and half shirts that was acceptable was last home game of 05/06, when we were still fourth and we needed Barca to beat Ars*nal in the Champions League final because there was talk of us not qualifying if they won the competition and a fella in the park lane had a half Spurs half Barcelona shirt.

Smolik said:
The only time I've seen one of those half and half shirts that was acceptable was last home game of 05/06, when we were still fourth and we needed Barca to beat Ars*nal in the Champions League final because there was talk of us not qualifying if they won the competition and a fella in the park lane had a half Spurs half Barcelona shirt.

Half and half scarves are fine. They've been a long standing tradition, especially for European ties and scottish/English affiliated clubs (ours is Aberdeen), but that is Man Utd and Man City. There's absolutely no excuse. I don't understand it.

Am I missing something though, is this for a TV programme or something? Is he special needs?

This wasn't just a half and half scarf though, was a half Spurs half Barcelona shirt, looked quality to be fair, can't imagine the fella will get much more use out of it though.

Is there actually a proper connection with the us and Aberdeen, I know about the other thing, but didn't know if it's actually an official connection between the clubs?

i got a couple of ours from champs league, really shit quality

the bbc commentator said he saw loads of these scarves, who the fuck made them thinking they would sell, and then how the fuck did they sell

does look nice quality though

Smolik said:
This wasn't just a half and half scarf though, was a half Spurs half Barcelona shirt, looked quality to be fair, can't imagine the fella will get much more use out of it though.

Is there actually a proper connection with the us and Aberdeen, I know about the other thing, but didn't know if it's actually an official connection between the clubs?

No not official between the clubs. Just to the supporters.

There's also a link between Ajax and Spurs.

Amirite in thinking they've got a jewish link too?

I know one of the dutch clubs has, and I think they refer to themselves as the Yid army or something similar.

Edit, taken from Wikipedia:

Ajax is popularly seen as having "Jewish roots", although not an official Jewish club like the city's nl: WV-HEDW Ajax has had a Jewish image since the 30s when the home stadium was located next to the Jewish neighbourhood of Amsterdam and opponents saw many supporters walking through this neighbourhood to get to the stadium.[14] Ajax fans (few of whom are actually Jewish[15]) responded by embracing Ajax's "Jewish" identity: calling themselves "super Jews", chanting "Jews, Jews" ("Joden, Joden") at games, and adopting Jewish symbols such as the Star of David and the Israeli flag.[15][16] Some sources say that Ajax fans began doing this after seeing Tottenham Hotspur fans employing similar symbolism.[17][18] This Jewish imagery eventually became a central part of Ajax fans' culture.[16] At one point ringtones of "Hava Nagila", a Hebrew folk song, could be downloaded from the club's official website.[15] Beginning in the 1980s, fans of Ajax's rivals escalated their antisemitic rhetoric, chanting slogans like "Hamas, Hamas/Jews to the gas" ("Hamas, hamas, joden aan het gas"), hissing to imitate the flow of gas, giving Nazi salutes, etc.[15][17] The eventual result was that many (genuinely) Jewish Ajax fans stopped going to games.[15] In the 2000s the club began trying to persuade fans to drop their Jewish image.[17][19]

Back
Top Bottom