Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As Shearer said on MotD, if the opposition forwards start pressing the keeper you kick/throw it long.

You don't need to have to calculate the airspeed velocity of the ball in relation to the geometric position of the opposing players or anything, it's a decision you take in a couple of seconds.
Yep, if you're trying to play out from the back, and we're trying to stop you by pressing, that's the game. Get on with it.

I think it's progressing because there is more exposure for bad shit.

In the past, this wouldn't have even been a newspaper article.

Now it's blown up in real time and exposed instantly and globally on social media.

Makes those doing it afraid fo getting caught or in an ideal world embarrassed by their actions and punished.

Next step is how you communicate with idiotic opinions like this and help them see how stupid it is.

People are emboldened by the anonymity of sitting behind a keyboard..... Furthermore by seeing like minds, like minded platforms and accounts........

"We are the real victims of oppression; but if you feel this way, stand together... You are not alone" is the mantra from all these hard-right shitbags....... YT and the way YT comments get hijacked is extremely revealing............ Even the YT algo is inadvertently enabling it all......... All social comment seems to get lumped in together and I now commonly get bombarded with nasty racist shit and red-pill cunts in my sidebar and recommended 'shorts'.

People like PMorgan, KHopkins and FARAGE (!) are now being adopted by kool aid drinking America as "refreshing", "honest" and "truthful" figures for good.

Last edited:
This comes from a manager who's lucky his team didn't get 3 penalties against them and were time-wasting from the very beginning of the game...

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom blasts Premier League referees for 'RUINING' the game by dictating how teams play under new time-wasting rules​

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 19:30 BST, 16 September 2023 |

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom launched a furious tirade at Premier League referees, claiming the officials told him to 'play long' rather than let goalkeeper Wes Foderingham take his time to pass out from the back.
Referee Peter Bankes flourished 13 yellow cards as the Blades lost late at Tottenham, seven for Heckingbottom's team including two for Ollie McBurnie, who was dismissed in the 14th minute of added time and will be banned for the next game, against Newcastle.
'Something needs to be done now,' fumed Heckingbottom. 'The referees are killing the game, absolutely ruining it. This is not me moaning about the result. I said it at half-time and when we were 1-0 up as well.
Not new timewasting rules you plum (him not you)

When you think how VAR intervened to give the penalty against Sonny v Brentford , how they didn’t give the one for Maddison yesterday is beyond me .

The inconsistent refereeing decisions really is a joke
The Son one was wrong and has been shown to be many times since, complete bullshit. Problem is it happened and we have it as a reference point

He's lucky his keeper didn't get sent off, I get the fact that the ref was trying to use some common sense by keeping it eleven against eleven but he should address the fact that his keeper got away with murder and on another day would have seen red.

Ironically, that yellow for hand-ball gave their keeper a free pass for the rest of the game. The majority of the time a GK will be given a time-wasting yellow in a scenario where they're not already on a card and it serves as a 'don't do it again' warning for that offense (and it in turn works). Very few refs will have the balls to send a GK off with a 2nd yellow for time-wasting if it's their first for that particular offense......

GK called the ref's bluff and got away with murder.

......Nearly.

Last edited:
There was a bad tackle late in the game from a SU player. I can’t remember who it was or on who because my brains capacity was severely limited from the previous nights activities. I do recall the SU player had sorts long hair, potentially a man bun???? But he did have a stupid bit of string across his hair to ‘hold it out his eyes’???? Fuckwit. Pretty sure he was a sub.
But it was a bad tackle and I actually thought very close to a red. Was from behind, no ball, potential leg breaker.
He's the guy who was sent off, his first yellow for a needless foul on solomon

People are emboldened by the anonymity of sitting behind a keyboard..... By seeing like minds, like minded platforms and accounts........

"We are the real victims of oppression; but if you feel this way, stand together... You are not alone" is the mantra from all these hard-right shitbags....... YT and the way YT comments get hijacked is extremely revealing............ Even the YT algo is inadvertently enabling it all......... All social comment seems to get lumped in to together and I commonly get bombarded with nasty racist shit and red-pill cunts in my sidebar and recommended 'shorts'.

People like PMorgsn, KHopkins and FARAGE (!) are now being adopted by kool aid drinking America as "refreshing", "honest" and "truthful" figures for good.
Mate most of those comments come from a bored kid in Saudi Arabia (As was the case with Saka) or from Bots created by similar bored teenagers.

They do it because they'll get a reaction from you and other knicker twisters.

Not new timewasting rules you plum (him not you)

This is what we get from refs not actually enacting the rules of the game........ When they finally are people act fucking aggrieved and moan about the game being killed...

Timewasting - GKs, throw ins etc.
Preventing FKs being taken.
Holding on corners.
Professional/repeat/team fouling.
etc.

Stamp the lot of it out as per what the rulebook already dictates....... Not some 2 or 3 week clamp-down before reverting to norm like we always see with these issues.

Players will learn eventually and THEN we can all move on and have a better game to watch.

Adding time alone won't solve all this as the breaking up of the game still plays into the hands of these teams and is a major factor in the tactic.

Last edited:
Remember when Rashford and Saka got abuse from socials for penalty misses in the WC. Then the found that they weren’t uk based accounts and were most likely bot accounts from Russia and Saudi owned organisations?

You probably don’t remember that because it got no attention compared to the first reports.

If there has racist Spurs fans punish them. Don’t assume anything to start with though. That’s all.

It wasn't only one person, not saying these are uk based but could easily be

Bulk of racist abuse after Euro soccer final sent from U.K. accounts, Twitter says

His words echoed findings released in March by the Premier League, which has monitored online attacks on players, staff members and officials since 2019, showing that 70 percent of the abuse typically came from outside the U.K.

There was a bad tackle late in the game from a SU player. I can’t remember who it was or on who because my brains capacity was severely limited from the previous nights activities. I do recall the SU player had sorts long hair, potentially a man bun???? But he did have a stupid bit of string across his hair to ‘hold it out his eyes’???? Fuckwit. Pretty sure he was a sub.
But it was a bad tackle and I actually thought very close to a red. Was from behind, no ball, potential leg breaker.
Tom Davies- Everton reject? Scissor tackle from behind on Porro iirc?
I also thought he was sailing very close to the wind with that one and a lot of refs would have straight red carded for it.

Has anyone seen the online messages that were sent ?
Do we know the names of those that sent the messages?

Would be handy to see this information, for those that are questioning whether the messages are of a racist nature.

I hope they are dealt with correctly if traced.

Mate most of those comments come from a bored kid in Saudi Arabia (As was the case with Saka) or from Bots created by similar bored teenagers.

They do it because they'll get a reaction from you and other knicker twisters.

Not what I'm refering to; they aren't.... I'm talking about ill-informed pseudo-annecdotal shit from the towns, cities in question....... But then again; you probably quietly sit back and nod in approval either way.

People are emboldened by the anonymity of sitting behind a keyboard..... Furthermore by seeing like minds, like minded platforms and accounts........

"We are the real victims of oppression; but if you feel this way, stand together... You are not alone" is the mantra from all these hard-right shitbags....... YT and the way YT comments get hijacked is extremely revealing............ Even the YT algo is inadvertently enabling it all......... All social comment seems to get lumped in together and I now commonly get bombarded with nasty racist shit and red-pill cunts in my sidebar and recommended 'shorts'.

People like PMorgan, KHopkins and FARAGE (!) are now being adopted by kool aid drinking America as "refreshing", "honest" and "truthful" figures for good.
It's also not helped by the lack of strong leadership across all levels of society in the western world.

That's a vacuum that is going to end up being filled by this type of content as people perceive it to be the answer. People think it speaks to them and is a solution because it is absent from other sources.

Tom Davies- Everton reject? Scissor tackle from behind on Porro iirc?
I also thought he was sailing very close to the wind with that one and a lot of refs would have straight red carded for it.

It was pure anger/frustration/cynicism... Should have been a red no doubt.

Last edited:
Spurs should finish top 4 with no injuries, as those other sides have European football to play. Brighton are the dark horses, they keep selling their best players and then find another good one to put in. If we can add some good back up players next transfer window, we should be OK.
Yeah finishing 8th instead of 6th or 7th should be a big help this year. Just focus on every league match & our squad depth in weak positions might not get exposed. We will only play around 40-45 matches this season. We are used to playing a lot more. I think city & Woolwich top 2, Liverpool 3rd. Then 2 places left for us & probably united, Newcastle & Brighton.
The real hard bit will be then turning from the odd CL qualifiers to actually winning stuff.
Brighton are crazy. 5 changes including main striker rested & they go to united & win 3-1 but could have been 5. But it will be hard for them to keep this up & they will lose the manager & not do as well on recruitment. But to do what they have done so far as a small club is amazing.

The referee definitely haven't had a good game, whether it is deliberate is up us to make our conclusion.

Bisoumma push
Mads penalty
Son being wrestled
The shitty time wasting behaviour of sheff

Ange all good telling bisoumma and Mads not to stoop to suhc behaviour.

Hopefully sheff United get relegated for such shitty football.

This game is a big difference to those last minute winner to Leicester where we aren't necessary the best team but yet we won.

Love it that we play attractive football & dominate. Even fans can tell we don't deserve not to win.
Never got to see replays of the penalty decisions as MOTD didn't think it was important enough. I can't even find extended highlights. Are there any videos of these about?

Back
Top Bottom