Snatching a Win from the Jaws of Defeat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is my favourite kind of win. Nothing quite like that crazy release after getting ready for the taunting and a moody night.

Got me thinking, this has happened a few times in recent memory. The criteria here is losing and then winning, so Watford in our last game isn't in scope.

First one that popped into mind for some reason, even though it's not the most stand out game

I worked late that night and was driving home from the station listening to it on the radio in the car going mental.

Now on to a string of games with a theme

Annoyingly, I left at 1-2 and only found out we'd won when people on the high Street were yelling. Pissinh down with rain and had to get him and pick my child up. Didn't want to get stuck in a queue at the station.

This was my first away game and only one in the away end. All 3 at West Ham, the other 2 were shit. This game was mental. The atmosphere was insane.

Any other games where we've turned a loss into a win late on?
I thought about the 3-2 away win to West Ham too, but it was 2-2 on 76

I remember the FA replay v Burnley. I arrived a few minutes late at WHL after a train feck up. I actually thought the start had been delayed because the crowd was so quiet.
When I got to my seat I looked at the scoreboard: Spurs 0 Burnley 2. I couldn't believe it.
We won pretty easily in the end with most of the action around HT.

There was football before the Premier League? I didn’t think records went that far back.

star wars mic GIF

celebrate premier league GIF by BBC

Back
Top Bottom