So what are we going to call it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a Michael Cox (gooner) article about Eric Dier yesterday, there was a very telling parargraph in it...

"The 2-0 victory confirms Tottenham will finish above Woolwich for the first time since before Wenger took charge but Pochettino is keen to state that Spurs have far loftier ambitions than that. In truth, Woolwich’s ‘St. Totteringham’s Day’ celebrations became pronounced in the years when they weren’t regular title challengers, almost as a consolation for genuine success. There’s a sense that this Tottenham side aren’t looking over their shoulders, but instead looking up the league table towards the summit."

Fair shout. However, it's getting a name. No way it's not.

We call it "let's catch the chavs"
Today was about us, not them! Agreed it's great to finish above them but they should be considered a small time club, and if we want to be known as a big club we shouldn't celebrate finishing above mid table teams.....

1150.jpg

The thing I have taken away from the last 48 hours is they care about us a lot more than we do them. And we've obviously meant a lot more to them than they've been letting on over the years or they wouldn't have this wankfest every year. Not giving a fuck is far more irritating to them than any stupid name.

I'm also sick to death of hearing about this so called powershift. Please someone tell me what does this even mean, how the fuck do you measure this, it's all a load of bollocks made up by the media, and lapped up by goon fans. There is no power shift, because there is no power in the first place, just football clubs playing football matches. Fucking football clichés are the worst.

Don't call it anything, don't give it the time of day. We won the last NLD at the old WHL, they can't do anything about it. Burn this thread.

Back
Top Bottom