Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fucking hate this Stevie G fucktard quote.

We will never get to the CL final again in our lifetimes. We blew it.

But COYS COYS COYS etc. Let's all be happy we got there!!

I bought a lottery ticket and got zero numbers. FUCKING A!!!! At least I had a ticket!!! COYS COYS COYS YIDS etc!!

fucking hell. just be real. we blew the only chance we'll ever have against a piss poor Liverpool team because we have loser DNA. The end.
Just die.

We blew the only chance we'll ever have against a piss poor Liverpool team because we have loser DNA. The end.
We are fucking TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR we will absolutely be back.

Contrary to popular belief the club has been on an upward trajectory. I mean for fucks sake when players are playing shit we have options, we have one of the absolute best strikers in the world, and he loves the club. We have the best stadium in Europe. Compare squad depth today to the depth we had 5 years ago.

We just made the final without spending on new players for almost a year and a half. I'm convinced Levy and Poch know that the squad needs strengthened this summer, and that there are some hard decisions to be made on players that are loved by fans and teammates.

Did we lose? Yes.
Are we gutted? Yes.
Are the players gutted? Yes
Will we get another chance? Abso-fucking-lutely!

Surely asking for someone's address is worthy of a card also......thats slightly over aggressive don't you think. Just because we lost and I said we were crap......mate you need to sort yourself out.....if I gave you my address you wouldn't turn up..all bluster just like most people behind a keyboard
Moaning on a thread titled "Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......" makes you a bit dim. Failing to understand why you're getting shit as a result makes you a fucking moron.

Of course....
Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.

Well I’ve just had a lovely nap on my day off, woken up with loads of time before the missus is home, now do I tidy up or wait for the dustbin lids to get in and make them do it......................I would like to settle in and watch the cricket now

Well I’ve just had a lovely nap on my day off, woken up with loads of time before the missus is home, now do I tidy up or wait for the dustbin lids to get in and make them do it......................I would like to settle in and watch the cricket now
Get tidying, but with the cricket on loudly in the background. I'm a podcast type, myself, and always have something to listen to when I have chores to do.

That the period from the moment Moura scored the goal that took us to the final to 5 minutes before the final was the best feeling.

That for those however many days we were at the centre of the football world.

That I honestly believe we will get to a final again within 5 years and with a better side than played on Saturday evening.

And that I think once the dust has settled we will be better as a club for the experience.

I said to my mate after the Man City game that the result itself was huge for our club. It was a wake up call to all of those outside the club as to what's been going on over the last couple of years and it took us up a notch. The Ajax game merely reaffirmed that but the sheer joy of the game will live with me forever.

As a club we reached a new platform this year. The next step is to ensure it has sustainability. The fact that Woolwich are still above us in the value ratings despite having a lesser squad and competing in a lesser competition (haha wankers!) shows how important brand building and sustainability can be.

Next seasons challenge is top 4 and some silverware as a minimum. A strong run in the Champions Keague with most of our team yet to reach their peak is a must as well. Fresh blood, but the right blood required to do so.

We have a couple of choices this year we either sell fringe players, ones such as Onomah, Amos, Edwards, Janssen, Lamela, one of the right backs etc and buy 2-3 shit hot players and seriously kick on or we reluctantly lose Eriksen & Toby and a new 1 year plan turns into a further 3 year plan. Tough call whereby the decision doesn't solely lay on the lap of the clubs hierarchy.

Last edited:
It's been a bastard of a season for many reasons we all know, but this run to the final was something dreams are made of. Of course, so gutted not to win it but that's football.
The Ajax game especially will live long in the memory. Hopefully this is a springboard to greater things...

As for the two idiots posting negative stuff in here - seriously have a day off and a word with yourselves.

And maybe just maybe a positive was not winning it.

I say that because I think it's important to be ready.

To then be able to build. Had we won where would we go? What then? What level of burden for those who arrive in the summer to repeat tbe success.

So as painful as it continues to be and that is all within context, I think having a taste and now a clear aim is maybe the best outcome.

The last 5 years have laid a foundation I hope.

1. Nothing will take away City and Amsterdam.

2. I still had a great time in Madrid, and no regrets about the money spent...though would be less than some as I got a £60 ticket and stayed at the friend of a friend. My third time in Madrid (only second for football) and it's one of my favourite cities.

3. I got in to see the match...on the day of the game everything that could possibly go wrong did. If you've ever had one of those dreams in which Spurs are playing in a cup final and you are trying to get to the game, but everything that could possibly go wrong does, well that was my day on Saturday. Flight delayed x2, 3 booked Ubers cancelled at last minute (probably getting a better offer), then got completely gridlocked in traffic and had to abandon the Uber and walk along a motorway in the blazing sun to get to the ground, then it then seemed no police would let us in and they kept directing us to other entrances, THEN just after I got in I thought I was about to get arrested as 1 police took exception to me standing under the shade of their van!

4. It was an incredible achievement to get this far, and with the teams we played and beat, much harder than winning the FA Cup or league cup. That said, I think we desperately need silverware now even if it's one of those...not a dig at Poch as I think he was exceptional this season and it was still the right decision to rest players at Palace.

As soon as the final whistle blew I told my youngest it’s fine to be upset but what this team has done to get to the final is amazing.

Like I posted in the original very drunk opening post, the memory of the sheer happiness and craziness in the High St before will live with them forever.

Yes we lost, but what a journey and what an amazing day Saturday was. So happy my kids experienced it.

This forum is starting to turn into spurscommuity I swear.

Reasonable opinions that include both positives and negatives are being discarded in favour of either

A) It's the end of the world and spurs are shit etc.

Or

B) If you say anything negative about spurs you're a cunt and not a real supporter.

Letting these people control the narrative on this forum will be the death of it, the second the happy clapper "I am always offended" brigade got hold of SC it was game over, doesn't help the mods were wankers as well.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging how great we have been to get to a CL final whilst also acknowledging that during the final we played poorly and have probably blown the biggest opportunity this club will have in years unless we make significant monetary investment in the squad going forward.

That's called having a balanced opinion, some cunts on this forum think we will get back to another CL final and win the PL even if don't sign anybody or we only spend 10 mill in the window.

Get real for fuck sake, every other team is improving around us, we barely and I mean BARELY made it into the top 4 and we lost more games this season than the last two combined.

That being said, I am proud as fuck that Poch and the players had the guts and courage to make it to the CL final and I think it would be criminal to not allow Poch to have the funds available to put us on a level playing field with City and Pool.

Of course....
Nearly 350 posts, still no commas.
Really..everybody having a go and I should be carded because I said the team bottled it...look at no point did I start calling anybody names or being abusive. But I did respond when called various names, or told to f..k off...or that I was this and that.....i have a different opinion to some but never started the abuse because I didn't agree with someone................
Ever heard of commas?

Last edited:

But COYS COYS COYS etc. Let's all be happy we got there!!

I bought a lottery ticket and got zero numbers. FUCKING A!!!! At least I had a ticket!!! COYS COYS COYS YIDS etc!!

fucking hell. just be real. we blew the only chance we'll ever have against a piss poor Liverpool team because we have loser DNA. The end.

Blatant I'm a troll post...prick

Back
Top Bottom