Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the league before Kane came back

Played 5 won 5

Since Kane came back

Played 4 lost 3...... Drawn 1...... Won 0

What the actual..... Is up with that... It makes no sense

I've said before that when we are in control of the game we are too lacklustre and don't go for the kill. A game of two halves. First one we needed a 2nd but we're too relaxed dictating the tempo, 2nd half we didn't show guts to each ball. They bullied us in the 2nd half. Very poor

Just realised Chelsea now have 2 games in hand to go 1 point clear of us.

Yep. And they're playing well.

Not in our hands anymore, plus we have Anfield and Etihad.

I genuinely don't think we will get Top 4. Not melting; just looking at the form of the teams and the respective run ins. We have utterly capitulated.

Of course we made awful defensive mistakes as usual but Kane should have killed this game multiple times.

There is a difference between an assured finish and a casual one, and he produced too many of the latter today. If we get to 2-0 then the game is over, but Kane let them live.

A team with Rose in it is always likely to make a horrible mistake at any moment. One goal is not enough.

People will complain about Levy and lack of signings as per usual but this loss is not because of that.

We lost today because of a lack of professionalism and winners mentality. Our players showed up and thought that they only needed to put in a half shift to secure 3 points. That is a problem that can only be fixed by the manager. Not the chairman. And since this is a repetitive problem I wonder if they manager suffers from the same issue.

We can talk about winning mentality and competing for titles all we want. But until we develop a mentality where we take every single game just as seriously as the next one, no matter the opposition that won't happen.

You don't win a league by only beating Man United, Chelsea and Dortmund. You win leagues by beating all the smaller teams below you.

This one is on the players and Poch.

We are now in a situation where, by tomorrow, United could be level on points with us and the chavs could be 2 points behind us and our next game is Liverpool away.

Basically, by the time we play our next game we could be out of the top 4 completely.

From “Title contenders” to playing in the Europa League in our £1B stadium.

And people say we aren’t bottlers, well today proved something to me, we are and I don’t know how anybody can dispute it.

We should have been essentially home and dry for top 4 before this Liverpool game.

Pathetic.

So fucking poor. I’m not usually this negative in fact I’m usually told that I’m too positive.

3 weeks now to sit on our arses and wallow in another defeat. Honestly this is becoming the worst patch of form I can remember over the past couple of seasons.

Why the fuck are we leaving dele on when he’s clearly tired. Why the fuck do we sit there and do nothing when a team changes there shape and starts dominating.

This is beyond a joke now the lack of signings has killed us. Scum and the chavs are hitting form and we are just stagnating.

I think the Europa league is the most likely scenario now next season. More excuses for Eriksen and Toby to fuck off. Plus it makes us less attractive to the new signings we so sorely need.

What the fuck is the point in having a shiny new stadium if we don’t invest in the football being played in it? I’m tired of the excuses we have saved enough money I’m sick of getting consistently out spent by the bottom sides.

We are playing the best starting 11 we have available and we are unable to even hang on for a draw against relegation fodder.

Somethings got to give. . .

Back
Top Bottom