Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

im sick of the rotation now, we are coming to the end of the season, just play ur best players every game - dont fuck around with KWP at this stage and stop rotating full backs altogether - doesnt work

I think we have a group of players who have proven themelseves to be top 3

Not sure if Tripps is injured, but as far as I’m concerned the table doesn’t lie. We finished 3rd last season. We were comfortably 3rd when he was playing.

Beat Leicester he played
Beat Newcastle he played
Lost to Burnley didn’t play
Lost to Chelsea he played
Drew with arsnal he played
Lost to Saints didn’t play

Worst RB apparently. Laughable Out of form, but so is most of the team.

I think it's more to do with the individual errors he makes in the big games leading to goals.

Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea alone this season.

Both full back positions need upgrading. Hugely.

This particular performance has me proper pissed off.

- Kane, what the actual fuck are you playing at. You scored one goal, well congratulations but you are a striker you are supposed to do that and you wasted 3 or 4 EASY chances at least! And your reaction just laughing them off, reeks of arrogance that the game was already won at 1-0, which is ridiculous!

- What the hell was Danny Rose thinking dummying the ball in his own 6 yard box ???? Boggles the mind

- I am pissed off Lucas came off, I said I was surprised at the time now I am pissed. Should have been Alli or even take Kane off for Son.

I could go on, so fucking disappointed.

Not true, we were really good in the first half,
but our forwards think that they can use matches like this as some kind of training excercise, and it doesn’t matter because the goal will come eventually.

Mentality all the way. Lacking

Agree on mentality.

But our strikers don't miss for fun.

Not sure where we go now. You have to ask what we are learning because that's now 2 losses to teams we hadn't lost to in years and with lesser squads.

3 weeks is the length of break we need.

In the league before Kane came back

Played 5 won 5

Since Kane came back

Played 4 lost 3...... Drawn 1...... Won 0

What the actual..... Is up with that... It makes no sense
It probably suggests that the way we play with Kane in the team is very predictable and being dealt with by the opposition now, whereas without him we were forced to experiment and that made us harder to figure out. Maybe.

Played 5 won 5
Since Kane came back

Trying their hardest to prove we're NOT a 1 man "Harry Kane team"
People will complain about Levy and lack of signings as per usual but this loss is not because of that.
We lost today because of a lack of professionalism and winners mentality. Our players showed up and thought that they only needed to put in a half shift to secure 3 points. That is a problem that can only be fixed by the manager. Not the chairman. And since this is a repetitive problem I wonder if they manager suffers from the same issue.

We can talk about winning mentality and competing for titles all we want. But until we develop a mentality where we take every single game just as seriously as the next one, no matter the opposition that won't happen.

You don't win a league by only beating Man United, Chelsea and Dortmund. You win leagues by beating all the smaller teams below you.

This one is on the players and Poch.
...and Poch trying to show he's NOT the man for Real Madrid!

Played 5 won 5

Since Kane came back

Erm.... perhaps they rely too much on Kane? He’s not there they know they’ve to dig a game out but if he’s playing its maybe “a fuck it Kane’s up top he’ll score job done”

Unbelievably complacent performance. Should have been 3 up at half time. Came out second half thinking the game was won. That's why they lost. Watch utd and Chelsea win tomorrow. We've now got 3 weeks to wait for the next game and that aont be easy
And who are we playing in 3 weeks?!

Yes it is . We have to play Liverpool and city , that’s 6 points lost. And in case you haven’t been watching , we are awful . Start planning for Sunday matches next season .
Did you think we were awful in the first half? Chelsea still have go to liverpool. United have to play city. Then there is United Woolwich tomorrow and then United Chelsea too.

Let’s not forget all the games we’ve won this season with late goals. This has been a terrible season on and off the field.
The lack of signings are massive contributing factor.
Were we having a great season - you’d have to put your hands up and say, fair play Re the lack of signings. But we have gone backwards, we have regressed. And the only one to blame for this is the board.

Back
Top Bottom