Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And where are Wolverhampton and Everton today? Yeah, that's right, far behind us. Sunderland showed ambition by signing Jack Rodwell on a £150K-a-week contract. That royally fucked them over.
We are punching above our heads financially. Just look at our revenue and compare them to the other top 6-clubs.

Think the point is being in the champions league 3 years in a row hasn't made a difference....at all. To our financial model. Getting 'there' on a shoestring budget is fine and no one is saying spend like crazy, but surely we could have found one signing??? Yes when we lose everyone blames no signings. When we win it's oh well we didn't need any, win 3 games in a row without Kane and Alli, look our great squad.

Last edited:
Was Aurier injured also? Had a great game again I not Dortmund and despite playing 90 surely he's fit enough to play two games in 4 days. It's not like he's been playing every minute all season

For so long poch's double sessions were why we were so fit and could press the shit out of any team. Nowadays so many players can't play more then one game a fortnight. What the fuck has happened.

I think this talk of sacking him is madness but I do get the impression that Poch is not doing a great job of motivating them right now. We are sleepwalking through a lot of games.
We are so far past the point of not holding him accountable.
He lost the plot at Burnley and now he’s paying for it.
It’s a fucking new chronicle in the paper every week...too much philosophy, too many dreams, too much theory.

Just get on with the job.
Every team can expose our weaknesses, but our approach to every single team we play in the PL is identical.
No matter who plays, now matter what formation, or what subs are made, the style of play just stays the same, we do not adapt to what’s happening on the pitch, and we just continue this robotic approach and think it will suddenly work, even though it’s not working.

Last edited:
As much as I hate to say this, when we won 5/5 without Kane and lost 3 with him, it is more than just bad luck. Moura and Kane just disappeared in the 2nd half and I can’t even tell anymore if we played good in the first half or SH played bad.

The games we won were all at home except to nearly relegated Fulham and the games we've lost have all been away to teams with a lot to play for.

Southampton upped their intensity while we just drifted through the game. Midfield and defense were the problem. No controlled possession at all.

So we have to prepare ourseleves for a possible life without Eriksen and Toby, and with Europa League football. It feels like fucking 2013 all over again:pochfacepalm:

For so long poch's double sessions were why we were so fit and could press the shit out of any team. Nowadays so many players can't play more then one game a fortnight. What the fuck has happened.

There is only so far you can make players jump through hoops and run like maniacs.

Think the point is being in the champions league 3 years in a row hasn't made a difference....at all. To our financial model. Getting 'there' on a shoestring budget is fine and no one is saying spend like crazy, but surely we could have found one signing??? Yes when we lose everyone blames no signings. When we win it's oh well we didn't need any, 3 games in a row with Kane and Alli, look our great squad.
Being in the Champions Leauge three years in row has minimized the actually huge risk in paying off our £10 billion stadium. I believe we'd actually would be in bigger troubles now, if we hadn't. And I believe that the future actually looks far bright now. And I do believe we can take more risk in signing new players in the summer.

and you are an absolute pot of harmony and support

what a hypocrite
I've said lots of times I'm not a good fan. Where did i say i am a pot of harmony & support?! Never claimed to be. Nice swerve of you pretending you don't think your posts are asking for a cunt off or argument.

Well here we have it.

Thank God for 3 weeks without suffering. Spring should be here by the next time we play so at least that should provide some cheer.

Something has happened between the hours before the Burnley match and now but for this manager and this group of players, 1 point from 12 should shock them to the core. Whether it hurts as much as it does to us life long fans I doubt. But it should. They have collectively done fcuk all yet. Fcuk all if the metric is being a winner.

Blame? Too easy. In my opinion we have become arrogant, complacent and guilty of trying to adopt a model that is fraught with risk.

It has been apparent pretty much all season long that our squad has been short. We have done fcuk all incoming transfer business for over 400 days. It is mental.

But mostly this. Our biggest quality this season because it's not been our style of play, us dominating teans or our overall performances but our stubbornness. Now that has deserted us at a critical stage.

I have no idea if we will make top 4 but if there is one thing Pochettino, Levy, the happy clappers and those who stupidly and naively think just being positive is the answer must note, it's that...

You got to be on it all the time and the BEST way to do that has nearly always been to add 2/3 players every year.

We have become arrogant in nature and in application.

We lack a LEADER on the pitch and have to be careful of that being said about us from the bench.

Last edited:
He keeps saying this but isn’t it his job to make sure the players have the right mentality going into games?

Only so many times I can hear him say this before I start thinking that the players actually couldn’t give a toss what Poch thinks anymore because if this is how he truly thinks then why aren’t they listening to him?
Possibly. I think it's his blindspot. There are only so many wars of attrition you can fight with the same set of troops when ultimate victory is not possible. You need reinforcements or morale will take a beating. We no longer have tactical nor technical superiority to other teams so these games are always going to be even harder.

Back
Top Bottom