Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eh, what does that have to do with competition for places?
I'm not suggesting we throw Dele under the bus just that we get some more attacking minded players in to drum up a bit more urgency in the guy.

Because competition implies they would be competing for the same spot; they wouldn't be.

I'd rather sub out Alli then Sissoko. Alli has been shite this game. Cannot create or make smart passes to Kane or Son. Lamela is not Eriksen, but he can put some good passes in.

I can't fault your argument but Dele has a habit of doing fuck all and then having a world class moment.
Sissoko can't score and rarely assists; both win games.

Dele gives the ball away a lot anyway. Not just this match
Yet he may produce one or two moments that are crucial.
I think we are losing it in CM.
I’d take off Dembele and put Wanayama on if it’s hasn’t changed in 10 mins.
Then take off Sissoko for Lamela and hope he can open it up for Kane , Dele or Son.
We’ve also got hard games thick and fast after this so it's managing players.
Don’t need to risk overdoing it with Wanayama or Lamela.
Dembele is not a player who can play in all games.

This game really shows the lack of quality in our subs. It's pretty bad if Sissoko is first back-up for Dembele and our attacking midfielders.. Malcom isn't a bad idea after all cause we lack quality on the bench without Lamela (don't know what's wrong with him?) and Winks.

Because competition implies they would be competing for the same spot; they wouldn't be.
We play numerous different positions and it's not uncommon for wingers to play more centrally or central midfielders to have to come out wide if required.
Anyways yeah yeah you win ok i'm bored honestly

Yeah.... that talk earlier today about Toby spending some time on the bench to earn his place back.

Yeah about that. This first half says no. As soon as he’s fully fit he’s straight in.

Toby is a more nailed on starter for Spurs than Jesus is for the Jerusalem Christian Martyrs in their hectic Easter schedule.

Back
Top Bottom