Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to this! Excited to tick another ground off the list watching Spurs

my list so far

WHL
Totteham Hotspur stadium
Wembley
Villa Park
Etihad
Old Trafford
Goodison
Anfield
Emirates
Upton Park
Craven Cottage
Loftus Road
Selhurst Park
KCOM (Hull)
St James' Park
Vicarage Road
Molineux

then outside UK

Dortmund
Leverkusen
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern
Sporting Lisbon.

I appreciate no one cares but I'm proud of how far I've gone following the team I love and living in Dublin.

Somply go for the jugular.

A great opportunity to go 7 points clear of 5th and into 3rd. Forget games in hand of others

It would be sickening to get anything but 3 points and there can be no excuses.

Be professional, be disciplined and be fcuking clinical.

5566465.jpg

Fairly sure Conte will change things up tomorrow and start Danjuma instead of Son.
If I know Conte the way I think I do, then I'm almost certain that will happen. One of his strongest character traits is his openness to try new things

I absolutely love the buzz of a new ground and a few times I've had to sit on my hands in the home end. the moment you see the seats on the other side of the pitch as you enter the stand your in is special whatever ground your in!

Spurs aside - Bayern was spectacular what a ground.

Worst ground was QPR, it was nice don't get me wrong but the seats in front and behind are so close it's not possible to sit without trying to spread your legs. your needs dig into the seat in front of you. absolute agony.

still it was 2014 or 15 we won 2-1 it was March . Kane got both, Sandro got one back. Rio was playing for QPR he was shocking.
I shall be there tomorrow… in the home end sitting on my hands!

Fairly regular fixture for me as I live pretty close. I hate being in the home end. Saints fans are genuinely quiet as mice but the away support is always ace. You do get the odd sing off ‘Oh when the Spurs go marching in‘ v ‘oh when the Saints go marching in’ and I can get away with singing for us.

Don’t get too excited about the stadium, it’s bang average and not a patch on Portsmouth down the road for atmosphere. Hope it’s a good one and we smash them, even if I do have to keep it all in.

I shall be there tomorrow… in the home end sitting on my hands!

Fairly regular fixture for me as I live pretty close. I hate being in the home end. Saints fans are genuinely quiet as mice but the away support is always ace. You do get the odd sing off ‘Oh when the Spurs go marching in‘ v ‘oh when the Saints go marching in’ and I can get away with singing for us.

Don’t get too excited about the stadium, it’s bang average and not a patch on Portsmouth down the road for atmosphere. Hope it’s a good one and we smash them, even if I do have to keep it all in.

Tell em you're Spurs and to come and have a go if they think they are hard enough.

They hate us for Wanyama, Toby, Poch and Martin Chivers!
And when we nabbed Hoddle from them. He had a clause that he could leave for a "bigger club" and their Tim-Nice-But-Dim lookalike chairman, top Brexit dude Rupert Lowe tried to argue that Southampton were a bigger club than Spurs and therefore the clause didn't apply. This led them to be known as South Coast Big Club (SCBC) for a while.

Last edited:
That feels like a loss , it was a shocking decision for the penalty but let’s be honest .that was a shocking performance . Saints don’t score goals said all the experts , well they got three today , what does that tell you . There really doesn’t seem to be any sort of game plan , other than sit back and hope something happens upfront .
The football is turgid , add that to the totally incompetent officiating makes it very painful watching us at the moment . We need a big change , if only to start being entertained again . What a fucking result leading up to the international break . How the hell are we still in with a chance of top four ? We look a bit of a mess and can’t see Conte turning it around , sadly .

I'm going to this! Excited to tick another ground off the list watching Spurs

my list so far

WHL
Totteham Hotspur stadium
Wembley
Villa Park
Etihad
Old Trafford
Goodison
Anfield
Emirates
Upton Park
Craven Cottage
Loftus Road
Selhurst Park
KCOM (Hull)
St James' Park
Vicarage Road
Molineux

then outside UK

Dortmund
Leverkusen
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern
Sporting Lisbon.

I appreciate no one cares but I'm proud of how far I've gone following the team I love and living in Dublin.

Don't be daft. You should be proud of that record! Thanks for sharing. A much better record of watching spurs at different stadiums than me.

I did spend all day travelling to watch us play Wigan away, once though! Took fucking ages coz trains broke down and it was chaos. Got there. Weather was freezing, it was pissing down, and we lost one fucking nil.

I'd travelled solo initially but ended up sharing beers with some others on the train, who invited me to join them seeing I was on my Todd, which was nice!

Ended up going to some random Wigan pub with them, and we got chucked out after some were caught smoking haha.

Missed the last train and we found some grotty fucking place to stay in, and went out on the lash in shitty Wigan.

That weekend was both really shit but also really fun. I honestly don't know which it was!

One of those blokes was a full on nutcase, mind, and he belted out the Sol Sol song most of the evening! :avbcringe:

Just change the manager now, no point continuing. If he can’t get the players to understand how to manage a game then it’s all pointless. At 3-1 up we should be controlling the game, instead the players get too casual, make a mistake then panic and make more.

The situation before the second Saints goal sums it up. We have a throw in which falls to Romero, despite being under pressure in our half he shows no urgency, loses the ball and Saints get easy possession from which they eventually score. In these away games we just lurch from arrogance to panic at a moments notice. There is no mental resilience or focus at all.

Let's be honest, for the lack of ambition we show when we do make the Champions League we don't really deserve to qualify anyway. We only seem interested in the extra revenue which never really gets adequately invested in football team.
We're just a cash cow for ENIC. A piggy back ride for them to exploit their more important non football related objectives.
As CL qualification only strengthens their stranglehold on the club, we're better off out of it until they fuck off

Pompey are the proper football club from that awful area.
Slight tangent, was at Pompey last weekend. Sadly Scarlet is now completely missing in action.

However, thoroughly enjoyed the Pompey fan who did an uncanny impression of an ambulance siren on a trumpet every time a Sheffield Wednesday player feigned injury and the physios ran on. Which was a lot.

Back
Top Bottom