Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol glory hunting comments from a team with no glory!!!! Hahaha and a ban in record speed. All the time we are in your way you will never win a trophy!! We love ruining your season and putting you in your place. Hahahahaha

Remind us all how many points we are ahead of you

If you can count that is

Pikey cunt!

giphy.gif

Listening to The Game podcast this morning - James Scowcroft was at the game and said he's never seen such hatred and desire to beat another team than from West Ham and their fans. Said it was bizarre that everyone there hates us so much and the carnival atmosphere afterwards. Basically called out their fans and players for only raising their levels for one game when they've been shit all season.

He also noted that there is a general anti-Spurs undertone right through the London clubs and that we have to play more difficult and intense derbies than anyone else.

He's a Man United fan from Bury St Edmunds, so he has no allegiance or agenda.

Listening to The Game podcast this morning - James Scowcroft was at the game and said he's never seen such hatred and desire to beat another team than from West Ham and their fans. Said it was bizarre that everyone there hates us so much and the carnival atmosphere afterwards. Basically called out their fans and players for only raising their levels for one game when they've been shit all season.

He also noted that there is a general anti-Spurs undertone right through the London clubs and that we have to play more difficult and intense derbies than anyone else.

We really do seem to be disliked by a lot of clubs. It's weird , all yids I know generally fear the worst & expect us to slip up somewhere along the line yet I constantly read about us being being deluded or arrogant. As for the current squad, they seem to keep themselves to themselves.

Baffling really . If it's jealousy then it's also strange as we haven't won much in a while

We really do seem to be disliked by a lot of clubs. It's weird , all yids I know generally fear the worst & expect us to slip up somewhere along the line yet I constantly read about us being being deluded or arrogant. As for the current squad, they seem to keep themselves to themselves.

Baffling really . If it's jealousy then it's also strange as we haven't won much in a while

I'd like to think it's a kind of suppression - that they are scared about what we might become if they don't continually knock us back.

But maybe that's what supporters of all clubs think...

This is so true. I've always felt that we seem to have waaaaay more games than anyone else in a season where the other side considers it a grudge match.

Arse
Chelsea
West Ham
Southampton
Palace (not so much tbf)
Watford (not so much but London derby)
Leicester

Then add to that the usual top sides that are league position rivals

United
City
Liverpool

That's 10 teams out of 19, just over 50% of games when there's a little something extra riding in it than usual.

Who else has that?

This.
Don't think any of my lot truly believed we were going to win it,last season or this.
The Cups are different,we always fancy our chances of a decent run in the domestic cups.
We also get called glory hunters in one breath,then the next they point out we are deluded with our lack of success compared with others.Don't really see how we can be both.
We are genuinely hated by many other fans though,in London anyway.That said,northerners i have worked/served with have always spoke of us favourably. Not that i give a monkeys what others really think.

West ham do see themselves as everyone's second team, i have seen it quoted on a few of their forums.But many other London fans i know dislike them intensely.All the gooners i know, my age and above hate them with a passion. Goes back to a stabbing and the liberties they took years ago..An old Dublin fella i worked with always gave his season ticket away at Highbury and later the emirates every time they played,he hated them that much.
They are viewed different up north,as people buy into the salt of earth image they have. Geordies see it differently,no love lost there.

Back
Top Bottom