Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I once saw the whole of a lower stand at SB giving the Sieg Heil. Must have been at least 3,000.

That was 40% of their crowd for much of the 1980s.

That was one of the few enjoyable moments at the Semi when one of the half dozen times CFC bothered they sang 'stand up if you hate Tottenham' to which we replied 'stand up if you hate Woolwich'.

Know thine enemy.

That was 40% of their crowd for much of the 1980s.

That was one of the few enjoyable moments at the Semi when one of the half dozen times CFC bothered they sang 'stand up if you hate Tottenham' to which we replied 'stand up if you hate Woolwich'.

Know thine enemy.
Except we both know that this isn't true - ie the whole lower tier (of which stand?) at Stamford Bridge, unless White Jan Van has been to Stamford Bridge over 30 years ago and maybe he might have seen a largish pocket of far-right cunts giving it the Nazi salute on the 'benches' in the West Stand Lower. The current demographic that goes to The Bridge on match days doesn't tally with WVJ's claim. Although I'm glad we don't have the significant minority of twats we once had, the atmosphere - which admittedly was never great at SB, unless we were playing a London rival - has been diluted further by a more benign, yet more demanding fan (spoilt) plus tourists.

Except we both know that this isn't true - ie the whole lower tier (of which stand?) at Stamford Bridge, unless White Jan Van has been to Stamford Bridge over 30 years ago and maybe he might have seen a largish pocket of far-right cunts giving it the Nazi salute on the 'benches' in the West Stand Lower. The current demographic that goes to The Bridge on match days doesn't tally with WVJ's claim. Although I'm glad we don't have the significant minority of twats we once had, the atmosphere - which admittedly was never great at SB, unless we were playing a London rival - has been diluted further by a more benign, yet more demanding fan (spoilt) plus tourists.
Stamford Bridge was the last ground of the big clubs that i saw NF/BNP papers being sold.Walked into the slug and lettuce and the floor was full of "British Nationalist" the BNP paper and that would have been 1990/91? Certainly no earlier.You did have a sizeable right wing following back then and before.Not as large as some may claim, but big enough to attract like minded people from other teams to start watching Chelsea.

Last edited:
Stamford Bridge was the last ground of the big clubs that i saw NF/BNP papers being sold.Walked into the slug and lettuce and the floor was full of "British Nationalist" the BNP paper and that would have been 1990/91? Certainly no earlier.You did have a sizeable right wing following back then and before.Not as large as some may claim, but big enough to attack like minded people from other teams to start watching Chelsea.
Yes I remember one or 2 pubs that you (by that I mean anyone who didn't consider themselves to be a Nazi) just didn't go into. For that reason I never went to The Britannia (as was).

Yes I remember one or 2 pubs that you (by that I mean anyone who didn't consider themselves to be a Nazi) just didn't go into. For that reason I never went to The Britannia (as was).
At least you admit this part in your terrace history.Other clubs deny it adamantly ,but some of us remember it differently.Not saying we didnt have right wingers at WHL, but people with those views never seemed to mob up over our place, they remained individuals or never brought their politics to games.

I know what I saw.
I think it was 90-91. we lost 3-2.
the stand to my right from the Spurs terrace. the CFC lot opposite the big stand that pretty much bankrupted the club.
largish pocket my arse, it was the lot. no maybe about it.

You will never shake off that far right element. That "unholy trinity" of CFC, Rangers and Linfield. It surfaced with the idiots shoving the black guy off the train in Paris and chanting racist stuff. No surprise that one of them was ex-RUC or was it UDR, it was one of the legal ones, not UVF/UFF. Further back in time with the chant "our n*ggers are better than yours". More recently at SB as I was coming out of the Youth semi 2 years ago and 2 Neanderthals hissing at me. Looking for a reaction and a fight. Imo that's very recent, very public, and very toxic.

Statement of the bleedin' obvious that it's been diluted. If it hadnt, youd prob have to play your home games at Reading or summat.

Finally if you were a regular attendee here you'd know I'm not a keyboard warrior given to hyperbole. I was there. Possibly you werent.

At least you admit this part in your terrace history.Other clubs deny it adamantly ,but some of us remember it differently.Not saying we didnt have right wingers at WHL, but people with those views never seemed to mob up over our place, they remained individuals or never brought their politics to games.
I recall going to one their locals for a drink (clearly I wasnt wearing colours). whole place singing. Ended up with God Shave the Queen and then No Surrender to the IRA.

I know what I saw.
I think it was 90-91. we lost 3-2.
the stand to my right from the Spurs terrace. the CFC lot opposite the big stand that pretty much bankrupted the club.
largish pocket my arse, it was the lot. no maybe about it.

You will never shake off that far right element. That "unholy trinity" of CFC, Rangers and Linfield. It surfaced with the idiots shoving the black guy off the train in Paris and chanting racist stuff. No surprise that one of them was ex-RUC or was it UDR, it was one of the legal ones, not UVF/UFF. Further back in time with the chant "our n*ggers are better than yours". More recently at SB as I was coming out of the Youth semi 2 years ago and 2 Neanderthals hissing at me. Looking for a reaction and a fight. Imo that's very recent, very public, and very toxic.

Statement of the bleedin' obvious that it's been diluted. If it hadnt, youd prob have to play your home games at Reading or summat.

Finally if you were a regular attendee here you'd know I'm not a keyboard warrior given to hyperbole. I was there. Possibly you werent.
Yes I was at that game and I was also at the Canoville game at Palace in 82 when a significant minority - ie a couple of hundred (clearly a couple of hundred too many) booed and racially abused Paul Canoville. Even then many of the cunts were remonstrated with by decent Chelsea fans, but mud sticks and that's the way it is. I love CFC. I don't love all our fans. Apologies for the constant use of italics by the way.

Not sure that equals Nazi politics though. As i have heard and joined in with both songs, at WHL and England games in the past.

Feyrnoord away early ninetys there was a hang the IRA banner on one side of our stand, totally agreed with the sentiment, they had put a device of some description on the train line before our semi final in league cup v Forest, delayed the kick off.

In my opinion totally different than the nazi element over Chelsea, which is disgusting and always has been.

The Leicester one really annoys me. They got way above their station last season and instead of being humble about what they were experiencing they started getting obnoxious towards the end.

One flash in the pan fluke if a season in no way makes them our rival. I think they're trying to cling onto it in a desperate attempt to stay relevant in some way.

They need a derby of their own to worry about. They can have one of ours if they like, it seems like we play about 8 games a year where the rivalry is through the roof.

Getting slightly bored of this hatred discussion. What's our complaint exactly? That its not fair that teams raise their game against us but drop a level for other teams? Cmon that's straw clutching! Simple fact is, we want to beat our opponent, our opponent wants to beat us. Everything else is irrelevant.

Its not really irrelevent though is it?

It's clear that West Ham raised their game against us on Friday, as they did at nearly exactly this time last season. Whilst ultimately its embarrassingly small time that they will only turn up if it means they can take something from us, it still means we have to raise our own game to counteract it.

The more teams that take offense with us the more difficult it will be to win things, simple as.

Look at "plucky" Leicester last season. Teams rolling over all over the shop, caught up in the narrative.

Whilst trying to prevent the evil Tottenham Hotspur from preventing the fairytale ending.

Might be over egging it a bit, and i know its down to us to do what we need to do to win these games regardless of the opponents intentions but it is a factor that needs considering.

They need a derby of their own to worry about. They can have one of ours if they like, it seems like we play about 8 games a year where the rivalry is through the roof.

Its not really irrelevent though is it?

It's clear that West Ham raised their game against us on Friday, as they did at nearly exactly this time last season. Whilst ultimately its embarrassingly small time that they will only turn up if it means they can take something from us, it still means we have to raise our own game to counteract it.

The more teams that take offense with us the more difficult it will be to win things, simple as.

Look at "plucky" Leicester last season. Teams rolling over all over the shop, caught up in the narrative.

Whilst trying to prevent the evil Tottenham Hotspur from preventing the fairytale ending.

Might be over egging it a bit, and i know its down to us to do what we need to do to win these games regardless of the opponents intentions but it is a factor that needs considering.
Totally agree and on that last point, people will say "yeah but we should be up for these games too" but the reality is if every other game is against a team like that you can't keep doing it.

West Ham have put zero effort in all season. We've gone to them off the back of a huge grudge match against Chelsea then another draining game against palace, then our biggest grudge match of the season against Woolwich.

It's not possible to treat every game like a cup final. You have to find a consistent maintainable level which we have and for the most part it results in us winning games. If we played the real West Ham then we beat them comfortably too. But we have to play a West Ham on crack because their whole season revolves around our game.

If we played the real West Ham then we beat them comfortably too. But we have to play a West Ham on crack because their whole season revolves around our game.

Unfortunately the real West Ham have been missing since about 1895, the joy of supporting West Ham is not knowing what side will turn up.

However if you are seriously claiming that Argentinian Manuel Lanzini and Croatian Slaven Bilic masterminded your demise, simply because they hate Spurs, I feel you are rather wide of the mark.

Unfortunately like your European games at Wembley, a bigger pitch proved to be your undoing, which was very odd to see, as the soulless bowl has been our undoing on many occasions this season (Southampton early on if you want to watch a team make full use of a big pitch).

Winston Reid was designated to man mark Kane, and with Kane having to go deeper and deeper, he ended up as a holding midfielder, which allowed our full backs to push up, which in turn stopped any advance of Davies or Walker (god he was poor).

We had a striker up front who has scored one goal this season, and that took a deflection as big as Kane's chin. We just worked a lot harder than Spurs, I have had a read through of this thread, and despite having to stop myself short of pissing myself with laughter, as the first half went on, lot's of you said we would run out of steam, and we usually do. However Spurs just looked that bit more done in, maybe the big pitch just caught up with them again, but they really looked clueless.

I watched the highlights back, and one of the commentators made a comment about Alli "he often adorns games, but struggles to dictate them" and I thought that was bang on, he just doesn't have that ability to change a game, like your Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes etc. It is the same with England, when it matters, he just can't make that final step up, maybe it will come with age, but the three mentioned previous were already doing it by 21. Usually something engrained in a player, and it looks to be just too much for Alli to contend with. When the going get's tough, he just becomes a snide little bugger. Sort of player you mark out early to wind up.

Like many of you, I don't believe you bottled the League, you were never going to win it. Seeing ourselves play against Chelsea three times and yourselves twice, the difference in quality between both sides is quite some distance. Will be interesting to see how Conte deals with Chelsea in Europe next term, and also to see how you get on at Wembley every other week.

Lastly, I would swap Levy for our board every day of the week, he has done wonders for you. Can't believe some on here actually have a go at him.

Unfortunately the real West Ham have been missing since about 1895, the joy of supporting West Ham is not knowing what side will turn up.

However if you are seriously claiming that Argentinian Manuel Lanzini and Croatian Slaven Bilic masterminded your demise, simply because they hate Spurs, I feel you are rather wide of the mark.

Unfortunately like your European games at Wembley, a bigger pitch proved to be your undoing, which was very odd to see, as the soulless bowl has been our undoing on many occasions this season (Southampton early on if you want to watch a team make full use of a big pitch).

Winston Reid was designated to man mark Kane, and with Kane having to go deeper and deeper, he ended up as a holding midfielder, which allowed our full backs to push up, which in turn stopped any advance of Davies or Walker (god he was poor).

We had a striker up front who has scored one goal this season, and that took a deflection as big as Kane's chin. We just worked a lot harder than Spurs, I have had a read through of this thread, and despite having to stop myself short of pissing myself with laughter, as the first half went on, lot's of you said we would run out of steam, and we usually do. However Spurs just looked that bit more done in, maybe the big pitch just caught up with them again, but they really looked clueless.

I watched the highlights back, and one of the commentators made a comment about Alli "he often adorns games, but struggles to dictate them" and I thought that was bang on, he just doesn't have that ability to change a game, like your Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes etc. It is the same with England, when it matters, he just can't make that final step up, maybe it will come with age, but the three mentioned previous were already doing it by 21. Usually something engrained in a player, and it looks to be just too much for Alli to contend with. When the going get's tough, he just becomes a snide little bugger. Sort of player you mark out early to wind up.

Like many of you, I don't believe you bottled the League, you were never going to win it. Seeing ourselves play against Chelsea three times and yourselves twice, the difference in quality between both sides is quite some distance. Will be interesting to see how Conte deals with Chelsea in Europe next term, and also to see how you get on at Wembley every other week.

Lastly, I would swap Levy for our board every day of the week, he has done wonders for you. Can't believe some on here actually have a go at him.

I assume you are referring to the distance in quality between yourselves and us/Chelski? In case you haven't looked at the table lately, there's 7 points between us and Chelski, and the slightly bigger gap (understatement klaxon alert) of 35 points between yourselves and us. And just in case your math isn't up to it, that's 42, yes 42, between you and Chelski. So yeah, that's what I assume you were referring to?

Wow, this Spammer really is a master of the backhanded compliment. Thanks for taking the time to visit our board, and read through this entire thread, once more proving the one-way rivalry between our clubs. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Winston Reid, not as good as Nesta, Cannavaro or Kohler were at that age. But I giuess nobody is talking about winston reid because he and his team have been fucking shite

Back
Top Bottom